There are 160 users in the forums

How many sacks will Aldon Smith have in his rookie season?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

How many sacks will Aldon Smith have in his rookie season?

....Nut Sack!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
"At the risk of going overboard after a few days of training camp, Aldon Smith looks dominant. Just put 250-lb FB Moran Norris on his back."
- @mattbarrows 8/3/11 4:11 p.m.
He's going to be good...

[ Edited by RedWaltz24 on Aug 4, 2011 at 07:20:35 ]
Originally posted by goodthings19:
"At the risk of going overboard after a few days of training camp, Aldon Smith looks dominant. Just put 250-lb FB Moran Norris on his back."

I predict he'll be our first double digit passrusher since A.Carter his rookie year.

BTW, anyone hear any news on Robert Quinn?

[ Edited by Oakland-Niner on Aug 4, 2011 at 07:21:46 ]
  • Amir
  • RIP Amir, Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Hitman49:
anything between 6-8 I would consider a great season from a rookie.

Unfortuately 6-8 sacks is alot for any 49er recently. Hopefully this mold gets shattered and forgotten with his addition to the team.
  • Amir
  • RIP Amir, Hall of Fame
Any videos of him in TC thus far?
Originally posted by Amir:

• Amir
  • RIP Amir, Hall of Fame
Originally posted by niners4lyfe:
Originally posted by Amir:

lulz.

About 8 sacks or more should put him in the running for ROTY. From reports I've read, he's really impressive in camp which is exciting to hear that he's knocking down passes and pressuring the QB. But at the same time, it worries me that starters like LT Staley has trouble blocking him. In any case, sounds like we may finally have the pass rusher we've been looking for!
Originally posted by mcbaes72:
About 8 sacks or more should put him in the running for ROTY. From reports I've read, he's really impressive in camp which is exciting to hear that he's knocking down passes and pressuring the QB. But at the same time, it worries me that starters like LT Staley has trouble blocking him. In any case, sounds like we may finally have the pass rusher we've been looking for!

Ya but from a glass is half full perspective J. Staley will get alot better practicing against a beast like Aldon Smith.
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:

I predict he'll be our first double digit passrusher since A.Carter his rookie year.

yep he is injured.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/Robert-Quinn-St-Louis-Rams-placed-on-injury-list-073111
Originally posted by LottOfDefense:
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:

yep he is injured.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/Robert-Quinn-St-Louis-Rams-placed-on-injury-list-073111

I dont want to go beast mode, but I also dont want the young man hurt.
Is Aldon the training camp hero of 2011? Not to pee in everÝones cheerios, but he has not gone up against real nfl offensive tackles in live action just yet.

I am excited for his potential, but will hold judgement until we see him play some real games.
Share 49ersWebzone