LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 254 users in the forums

Niners All Time Crap Team

Shop Find 49ers gear online
there should be criteria to this that the player at least played in 16 games a season..whether it's starting or in a backup(but at least touched the field) role..

this way you don't get random quarterbacks like Weinke getting consideration
Saleem Rasheed.
qb-Drunkenmiller & DeBerg
rb-Phillips
fb-Boykin
wr-Woods, Preston Riley (fumbled in 72 NFC championship game preventing us going to SB)
wr-Owens
te-MacAfee,
T-Kwame
T-Jennings, Paris

DE-Balmer
DE-Reggie McGrew
DT-Ted Washington does sh*t for us for 3 years. Goes to Buffalo becomes an all
pro
OLB-Todd Kelly
OLB-
MLB-
MLB-
DB-rumph,
DB-Plummer
DB-Ben emmanuel
DB-Keith Lewis

I saw Renaldo Nehemiah on a list he was a major project. The man had never played football, however he was the world record holder in the 110 hurdle and his 40 time projected out to be in 4.0-4.1. Yea if he had been able to catch the ball he would have been scary. Still remember him catching a bomb from Montana against the Vikings DB had him covered next thing you know Nehemiah blows by him and is has put 10 yards between him and the DB was a his finest hour
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:
Originally posted by bigmike55:
Alex Smith

Worse than Druckenmiller, Dorsey, etc?

Whoah whoah whoah, don't even bring KD in this, dude was a 7th round pick, that played with less talent than both Smith and Druck.
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
I'm kind of in a funky mood this evening, so I decided to create this thread. I'm going to list all the positions on an NFL team and you can help fill it in by quoting and editing the most current list.

Rules:

1. This list is dedicated to the most crappy players to ever dawn a Niner uniform.

2. The player listed must have started at least half the season to make this list.

3. This list should only consider their production with the Niners.

Offense:

QB:Alex Smith
RB: Alex Smith
FB: Alex Smith
WRs:Alex Smith
T:Alex Smith
G:Alex Smith
C:Alex Smith

Defense:

DT:Alex Smith
DE:Alex Smith
MLB:Alex Smith
OLB:Alex SMith
CB:Alex Smith
FS:Alex Smith
SS:Alex Smith
Originally posted by Bejaard49er:
qb-Drunkenmiller & DeBerg
rb-Phillips
fb-Boykin
wr-Woods, Preston Riley (fumbled in 72 NFC championship game preventing us going to SB)
wr-Owens
te-MacAfee,
T-Kwame
T-Jennings, Paris

DE-Balmer
DE-Reggie McGrew
DT-Ted Washington does sh*t for us for 3 years. Goes to Buffalo becomes an all
pro
OLB-Todd Kelly
OLB-
MLB-
MLB-
DB-rumph,
DB-Plummer
DB-Ben emmanuel
DB-Keith Lewis

I saw Renaldo Nehemiah on a list he was a major project. The man had never played football, however he was the world record holder in the 110 hurdle and his 40 time projected out to be in 4.0-4.1. Yea if he had been able to catch the ball he would have been scary. Still remember him catching a bomb from Montana against the Vikings DB had him covered next thing you know Nehemiah blows by him and is has put 10 yards between him and the DB was a his finest hour

Take out Owens and replace Keith Lewis with Mike Adams and I think you're close.
Originally posted by pelos21:
Hmmm....all crap team huh?

imo:

qb-Dilfer
rb-Phillips
fb-Keasey
wr-Woods
wr-Conway
te-Bajema
T-Kwame
T-Jennings aka mr glass
G-Rachal
G-Smiley?
C-Heitmann-never liked the dude.

DE-Balmer
DE-Brandon Whiting
DT-Anthony Adams-he didn't do s**t with us!
OLB-TBC
OLB-Slaugter
MLB-Moore
MLB-Hannibal Navies
DB-roman
DB-mike adams
DB-Ben emmanuel
DB-Keith Lewis

[ Edited by SanDiego49er on May 2, 2011 at 23:19:00 ]
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
QB: Jim Druckenmiller - 1st round pick that didn't even start in three games, lousy attitude too.

RB: Lawrence Phillips - vs. Arizona 1999 nuff said.

FB - I can't name one, they all had their good and bad moments, and every single one that has played for the 9ers contributed at one point.

WR - Rashaun Woods - No ex-49er was worse and this one we can all agree on.

OL - The 9ers selected only two O-lineman before 2004 in the 1st round, one was Harris Barton the other takes the cake in Kwame Harris.

TE - Same as FB, they all had their moments good and bad. But we relied on late round picks and Undrafted Free agent and street FA's. No one stands out IMO.

DL - Toss up between Reggie McGrew (Mr. homesick, I wanna go home to Florida) and Gabe Wilkins. And I gotta go with Gabe Wilkins since he was the big money free agent pick up who did do crap for the 9ers, OK he had one frickin sack two if your counting the one between his legs.

LB - We had some good ones throughout the years, its blurring my memory. But since I gotta pick one, I have to go with....dammit I can't think of one - PASS.

CB - Man so many choices, Antonio Langham, Pierson Prioleau, Mike Rumph.

Safety - Mark Roman - No Safety has got me more frustrated than him. Shoot even Ronnie Heard had a 4 pick season and he only started 6 games that year.

K - Jose Cortez, no one forgets this guy.

P - Bill LaFleur the shanker, I could've sworn this guy had multiple punts of 8-10 yards.
QB - The Drunken Master
HB - The guy who was hugged by Al Cowlings when he made his last memorable run (not the '94 car chase, the '79 game when we upset the Tampa Bay Bucs)
WR - Rashaun Woods (I literally can't remember a memorable moment he produced, that's not good)
T - Kwame Harris (searches thread titled "Things that block better than Kwame Harris")
G - Chilo Rachal (BEAST MODE)
LB - Charles Haley (not that he sucked, in fact quite the contrary, but he literally took a crap on George Seifert's desk)
CB - Nate Clements (simply because he was vastly overpaid)
K - Owen Pochman
I haven't seen this one mentioned so my suggest is:
1992 1st round draft pick (18th overall), Free Safety
Dana Hall

He was the guy that replaced Lott, and he was then replaced by Merton Hanks

Originally posted by NickSh49:
This thread makes me sad... mostly because it shows the ignorance of a lot of fans regarding what "bad play" truly is. These players below deserve more love.

DT Anthony Adams was drafted in 2003. He's a 4-3 defensive tackle. The Niners let him go after Nolan decided to switch us to the 3-4. He's played well in Chicago ever since.

SS Keith Lewis was inserted into the lineup in 2006 in place of Tony Parrish. Lewis was a big hitter and recorded 3 picks in about half a season of play. He was also great on special teams.

MLB's Hannibal Navies and Brandon Moore were both decent players. Navies had a good career as a Green Bay Packer before moonlighting with the 49ers. 2006 was Brandon Moore's career year. Unfortunately, he kind of fell off afterwards, but he was never "awful."

FS Mark Roman defined inconsistent. I'm not going to protect him any more than that, but he was better than say Sammy Davis or Mike Rumph were at CB.

Anyone that lists C Eric Heitmann, G Justin Smiley, or TE Billy Bajema as "bad" players is reaching. And while OT Jonas Jennings was always hurt, he played well during the 2006 season when he was healthy.

QB Trent Dilfer was bad, but QB Ken Dorsey was worse... at least I think I remember it that way. That's actually worth a good debate. I think QB Giovanni Carmazzi was probably the bottom of that barrel.

FB Zack Keasey was never a "bad" player. He was just a guy in pads. To call him bad is kind of a joke, cause he was never asked to do much.

This

[ Edited by TheG0RE49er on May 3, 2011 at 07:52:11 ]
Originally posted by TheG0RE49er:
This thread makes me sad... mostly because it shows the ignorance of a lot of fans regarding what "bad play" truly is. These players below deserve more love.

DT Anthony Adams was drafted in 2003. He's a 4-3 defensive tackle. The Niners let him go after Nolan decided to switch us to the 3-4. He's played well in Chicago ever since.

SS Keith Lewis was inserted into the lineup in 2006 in place of Tony Parrish. Lewis was a big hitter and recorded 3 picks in about half a season of play. He was also great on special teams.

MLB's Hannibal Navies and Brandon Moore were both decent players. Navies had a good career as a Green Bay Packer before moonlighting with the 49ers. 2006 was Brandon Moore's career year. Unfortunately, he kind of fell off afterwards, but he was never "awful."

FS Mark Roman defined inconsistent. I'm not going to protect him any more than that, but he was better than say Sammy Davis or Mike Rumph were at CB.

Anyone that lists C Eric Heitmann, G Justin Smiley, or TE Billy Bajema as "bad" players is reaching. And while OT Jonas Jennings was always hurt, he played well during the 2006 season when he was healthy.

QB Trent Dilfer was bad, but QB Ken Dorsey was worse... at least I think I remember it that way. That's actually worth a good debate. I think QB Giovanni Carmazzi was probably the bottom of that barrel.

FB Zack Keasey was never a "bad" player. He was just a guy in pads. To call him bad is kind of a joke, cause he was never asked to do much.

This

Yeah, I'm surprised at people's view of Killa Keith. I always liked the intensity that he played with and the guy would always lay the wood. Plus, he only started because of injuries as his primary role was on Special Teams.

-9fA

This

zack keasey is a hall of famer
Originally posted by Snider8706:

This

so you're either a hall of famer or a crap player?
Originally posted by Snider8706:

This

so you're either a hall of famer or a crap player?

im just being sarcastic, keasey sucked
Share 49ersWebzone