LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 275 users in the forums

Niners All Time Crap Team

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Todd Kelly. He came out in the first round with Stubby. He was so forgettable, I don't remember ever seeing him on the field, though I'm sure he had.

Dexter Carter. He would hit the hole, bounced around in it, and gain a yard.

[ Edited by qnnhan7 on May 2, 2011 at 07:47:35 ]
Originally posted by kujon11:
Originally posted by NickSh49:
This thread makes me sad... mostly because it shows the ignorance of a lot of fans regarding what "bad play" truly is. These players below deserve more love.

DT Anthony Adams was drafted in 2003. He's a 4-3 defensive tackle. The Niners let him go after Nolan decided to switch us to the 3-4. He's played well in Chicago ever since.

SS Keith Smith was inserted into the lineup in 2006 in place of Tony Parrish. Smith was a big hitter and recorded 3 picks in about half a season of play. He was also great on special teams.

MLB's Hannibal Navies and Brandon Moore were both decent players. Navies had a good career as a Green Bay Packer before moonlighting with the 49ers. 2006 was Brandon Moore's career year. Unfortunately, he kind of fell off afterwards, but he was never "awful."

FS Mark Roman defined inconsistent. I'm not going to protect him any more than that, but he was better than say Sammy Davis or Mike Rumph were at CB.

Anyone that lists C Eric Heitmann, G Justin Smiley, or TE Billy Bajema as "bad" players is reaching. And while OT Jonas Jennings was always hurt, he played well during the 2006 season when he was healthy.

QB Trent Dilfer was bad, but QB Ken Dorsey was worse... at least I think I remember it that way. That's actually worth a good debate. I think QB Giovanni Carmazzi was probably the bottom of that barrel.

FB Zack Keasey was never a "bad" player. He was just a guy in pads. To call him bad is kind of a joke, cause he was never asked to do much.

I think poster QUATIC had the right idea... guys we believed could do the job but flat out could not perform at a level close to competent. I think MLB Derek Smith got by on completely mediocre-to-bad play in our worst years as well.

Originally posted by quatic:
Notables...

DT Reggie McGrew (i believe the WORST one of all)

QB Jim Druckenmiller & Giovanni Carmazzi

RB Glen Coffee

WR Rashaun Woods, Derrick Hamilton, Brandon Williams, Marcus Maxwell, Rasheed Marshall,

LB Jay Moore

DL Andrew Williams, Kentwan Balmer,

was that keith smith or keith lewis? i remembered him as keith lewis or 'killa keith'

Definitely Keith Lewis... typo, my bad.
Originally posted by bigmike55:
Alex Smith

Worse than Druckenmiller, Dorsey, etc?
I cant remember the name of the top of my head but who was the Nebraska RB with a ton of baggage and lit up NFL europe for a year and we signed him... only for him to get lazy on a block and give Steve Young his last concussion and ended his career.

That guy!
Originally posted by 5280High:
I cant remember the name of the top of my head but who was the Nebraska RB with a ton of baggage and lit up NFL europe for a year and we signed him... only for him to get lazy on a block and give Steve Young his last concussion and ended his career.

That guy!

Lawrence Phillips. There is a special place in Hell waiting for that dude.
The thing about this post is that it reflects the poor drafting and free agent signing capabilities of management.
Disaster Carter has got to be on the list. In fact, I'd make him a captain.

Darryl Pollard might be a good honorable mention. Pollard was by no means a bum, like Rumph, etc, but he was the soft spot in a ferocious D. Every chain has a weak leak and poor ol' Pollard was it. Every team in the league knew it and every team in the league exploited it...ruthlessly. Here's a tip of the hat to good old Darryl "G*d*mnit!" Pollard.
That whole 2004 team with exception of Bryant Young
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:
Originally posted by 5280High:

That guy!

Lawrence Phillips. There is a special place in Hell waiting for that dude.

Yep him, he was a complete waste and also ended our 2 decades of dominance.
OLB: Israel iffiyani

Wr Iheanyi Uwaezuke

LB Winfred Tubbs

TE/LB Sam and Sean Manuel

QB Jeff Brohm

RB Amp Lee

[ Edited by filthyrich49er on May 2, 2011 at 12:53:25 ]
I'm going to sum up all the input tomorrow and put some of the guys to a vote.
Originally posted by kujon11:
This thread makes me sad... mostly because it shows the ignorance of a lot of fans regarding what "bad play" truly is. These players below deserve more love.

DT Anthony Adams was drafted in 2003. He's a 4-3 defensive tackle. The Niners let him go after Nolan decided to switch us to the 3-4. He's played well in Chicago ever since.

SS Keith Smith was inserted into the lineup in 2006 in place of Tony Parrish. Smith was a big hitter and recorded 3 picks in about half a season of play. He was also great on special teams.

MLB's Hannibal Navies and Brandon Moore were both decent players. Navies had a good career as a Green Bay Packer before moonlighting with the 49ers. 2006 was Brandon Moore's career year. Unfortunately, he kind of fell off afterwards, but he was never "awful."

FS Mark Roman defined inconsistent. I'm not going to protect him any more than that, but he was better than say Sammy Davis or Mike Rumph were at CB.

Anyone that lists C Eric Heitmann, G Justin Smiley, or TE Billy Bajema as "bad" players is reaching. And while OT Jonas Jennings was always hurt, he played well during the 2006 season when he was healthy.

QB Trent Dilfer was bad, but QB Ken Dorsey was worse... at least I think I remember it that way. That's actually worth a good debate. I think QB Giovanni Carmazzi was probably the bottom of that barrel.

FB Zack Keasey was never a "bad" player. He was just a guy in pads. To call him bad is kind of a joke, cause he was never asked to do much.

I think poster QUATIC had the right idea... guys we believed could do the job but flat out could not perform at a level close to competent. I think MLB Derek Smith got by on completely mediocre-to-bad play in our worst years as well.

Originally posted by quatic:
Notables...

DT Reggie McGrew (i believe the WORST one of all)

QB Jim Druckenmiller & Giovanni Carmazzi

RB Glen Coffee

WR Rashaun Woods, Derrick Hamilton, Brandon Williams, Marcus Maxwell, Rasheed Marshall,

LB Jay Moore

DL Andrew Williams, Kentwan Balmer,

was that keith smith or keith lewis? i remembered him as keith lewis or 'killa keith'

Definitely Keith Lewis... typo, my bad.

i still remember when he leveled that seachicken
Last 3 head coaches can lead this team, Erickson, Nolan and Sing. All are terrble head coaches.
Can't believe OJ Simpson isn't on this list.

Great player? No doubt. But clearly washed up by the time he hit the Niners. Truly terrible.

At QB: Scott Bull
At shortstop: Disaster LeMaster

Oh, wait....
Share 49ersWebzone