te-Bajema
T-Kwame
T-Jennings aka mr glass
G-Rachal
G-Smiley?
C-Heitmann-never liked the dude.

DE-Balmer
DE-Brandon Whiting
DT-Anthony Adams-he didn't do s**t with us!
OLB-TBC
OLB-Slaugter
MLB-Moore
MLB-Hannibal Navies
DB-roman
DB-mike adams
DB-Ben emmanuel
DB-Keith Lewis

Your O line picks are #####. Heitmann, a 6th round pick who started for some time and may even start again?

Baas will be a lot better. I hope they resign him. Never really saw Heitmann as a mauler imo.

baas cant hold a jockstrap to heitmann. heitmann use to maul guys before he got an injury. even after that, he was always better than baas. keith lewis was actually productive for what he had. id replace him with rw mcquarters. id also pick reggie mcgrew over anthony adams.

[ Edited by kujon11 on May 2, 2011 at 01:24:16 ]
We should also make an All Time Crap Coaching Staff to go along with it
anthony davis aka "New Kwame" jose cortez and/or owen poochman
This thread makes me sad... mostly because it shows the ignorance of a lot of fans regarding what "bad play" truly is. These players below deserve more love.

DT Anthony Adams was drafted in 2003. He's a 4-3 defensive tackle. The Niners let him go after Nolan decided to switch us to the 3-4. He's played well in Chicago ever since.

SS Keith Lewis was inserted into the lineup in 2006 in place of Tony Parrish. Lewis was a big hitter and recorded 3 picks in about half a season of play. He was also great on special teams.

MLB's Hannibal Navies and Brandon Moore were both decent players. Navies had a good career as a Green Bay Packer before moonlighting with the 49ers. 2006 was Brandon Moore's career year. Unfortunately, he kind of fell off afterwards, but he was never "awful."

FS Mark Roman defined inconsistent. I'm not going to protect him any more than that, but he was better than say Sammy Davis or Mike Rumph were at CB.

Anyone that lists C Eric Heitmann, G Justin Smiley, or TE Billy Bajema as "bad" players is reaching. And while OT Jonas Jennings was always hurt, he played well during the 2006 season when he was healthy.

QB Trent Dilfer was bad, but QB Ken Dorsey was worse... at least I think I remember it that way. That's actually worth a good debate. I think QB Giovanni Carmazzi was probably the bottom of that barrel.

FB Zack Keasey was never a "bad" player. He was just a guy in pads. To call him bad is kind of a joke, cause he was never asked to do much.

I think poster QUATIC had the right idea... guys we believed could do the job but flat out could not perform at a level close to competent. I think MLB Derek Smith got by on completely mediocre-to-bad play in our worst years as well.

Originally posted by quatic:
Notables...

DT Reggie McGrew (i believe the WORST one of all)

QB Jim Druckenmiller & Giovanni Carmazzi

RB Glen Coffee

WR Rashaun Woods, Derrick Hamilton, Brandon Williams, Marcus Maxwell, Rasheed Marshall,

LB Jay Moore

DL Andrew Williams, Kentwan Balmer,

[ Edited by NickSh49 on May 2, 2011 at 11:09:50 ]
conway wasn't bad, he was already old when we signed him lol. what did you expect?
Can't do this list without Antonio Langham. I know he's been mentioned but I have to repeat it. His debut vs. the Jets we give up a 400 yard passing day to Glenn Foley. Glenn Foley! Saddest sack of **** I ever saw in a 49er uniform. He couldn't even find the right pair of shoes once. Had to wear like two left shoes. Dumb@ss.

QB - Jim Drunkenmiller

RB - Jamal Robertson

WR - Woods/Hamilton

K - Owen Pochman

Have this team be coached by Dennis Erickson.
RB Paul Smith
Originally posted by Godsleftsock:
We should also make an All Time Crap Coaching Staff to go along with it

I was going to, but I thought that might be stating the obvious.....dingleberry.
Originally posted by Frisco69ers:
RB Paul Smith

Wow, blast from the past. I totally forgot about that guy.
Originally posted by NickSh49:
This thread makes me sad... mostly because it shows the ignorance of a lot of fans regarding what "bad play" truly is. These players below deserve more love.

DT Anthony Adams was drafted in 2003. He's a 4-3 defensive tackle. The Niners let him go after Nolan decided to switch us to the 3-4. He's played well in Chicago ever since.

SS Keith Smith was inserted into the lineup in 2006 in place of Tony Parrish. Smith was a big hitter and recorded 3 picks in about half a season of play. He was also great on special teams.

MLB's Hannibal Navies and Brandon Moore were both decent players. Navies had a good career as a Green Bay Packer before moonlighting with the 49ers. 2006 was Brandon Moore's career year. Unfortunately, he kind of fell off afterwards, but he was never "awful."

FS Mark Roman defined inconsistent. I'm not going to protect him any more than that, but he was better than say Sammy Davis or Mike Rumph were at CB.

Anyone that lists C Eric Heitmann, G Justin Smiley, or TE Billy Bajema as "bad" players is reaching. And while OT Jonas Jennings was always hurt, he played well during the 2006 season when he was healthy.

QB Trent Dilfer was bad, but QB Ken Dorsey was worse... at least I think I remember it that way. That's actually worth a good debate. I think QB Giovanni Carmazzi was probably the bottom of that barrel.

FB Zack Keasey was never a "bad" player. He was just a guy in pads. To call him bad is kind of a joke, cause he was never asked to do much.

I think poster QUATIC had the right idea... guys we believed could do the job but flat out could not perform at a level close to competent. I think MLB Derek Smith got by on completely mediocre-to-bad play in our worst years as well.

Originally posted by quatic:
Notables...

DT Reggie McGrew (i believe the WORST one of all)

QB Jim Druckenmiller & Giovanni Carmazzi

RB Glen Coffee

WR Rashaun Woods, Derrick Hamilton, Brandon Williams, Marcus Maxwell, Rasheed Marshall,

LB Jay Moore

DL Andrew Williams, Kentwan Balmer,

was that keith smith or keith lewis? i remembered him as keith lewis or 'killa keith'
steve spurrier
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
Originally posted by Frisco69ers:
RB Paul Smith

Wow, blast from the past. I totally forgot about that guy.

yeah he even sucked in th early madden football games too
  • Envy
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Izyniner:
Of course lawrence phillips.

Number one with a bullet. Potentially the one player outside of the Alex Smith fiasco to set our franchise back years.