There are 127 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

A letter from 11 year old Colin Kaepernick

• mod
  • Veteran
Mods can merge this if they wish but I figured it would be worth its own thread.

http://www.turlockjournal.com/news/archive/5025/
an article written last year.

-----------------------------------------------
The piece of binder paper is slightly wrinkled. Surprisingly, it’s still rather white after being stored in a manila envelope for about seven years. On the sheet are words written by an 11-year-old boy.

This boy made a collection of bold predictions in Bret Sutterley’s fourth-grade class at Turlock’s Dutcher Elementary School. In 1998, the teacher instructed his students to write a letter to their future selves with thoughts on what they’ll be like at 18, as part of a time capsule project. Colin Kaepernick, who was still learning about writing, took out a pencil and scribbled this down:

I’m 5 ft 2 inches 91 pounds. Good athelet. I think in 7 years I will be between 6 ft -- to 6 ft 4 inches 140 pounds. I hope I go to a good college in football Then go to the pros and play on the niners or the packers even if they aren’t good in seven years. My friend are Jason, Kyler, Leo, Spencer, Mark and Jacob

Sincerly, Colin

For the most part, he’s been right. Or close to it.

The San Francisco 49ers aren’t exactly “good” in the NFL, with the team having missed the playoffs every season since 2003. He’s the star quarterback of the University of Nevada football team in Reno. The Wolf Pack have made it to a bowl game every year that he’s been the starter and were picked by coaches and the media to finish second in the Western Athletic Conference behind Boise State in the upcoming season. He’s listed at 6-foot-6, just two inches more than what he predicted. And, perhaps most important, he has been considered a serious NFL prospect since the end of last season.

Don’t kids say the darndest things?

-----------------------------------------

God damn... somehow he managed predict his own future?

[ Edited by modninerfan on Apr 30, 2011 at 04:50:22 ]
  • Ang
  • Hall of Fame
Awesome. Can he give me lottery numbers too?

-9fA
  • Esco
  • Hall of Fame
Should have wrote "I plan to lead the 49ers or Packers to the Superbowl during my rookie season"

Almost guys. Almost.
I hope he can remove the stench from passing on Rodgers.
  • kush
  • Veteran
Holy s**t that's amazing!
Originally posted by Esco:
Should have wrote "I plan to lead the 49ers or Packers to the Superbowl during my rookie season"

Almost guys. Almost.

soooo close.

[ Edited by WINiner on Apr 30, 2011 at 08:16:55 ]
Awesome! Strong arm, smart, cocky, tatted up AND clairvoyant!!!
sounds like jonathan cheechoo
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:
I hope he can remove the stench from passing on Rodgers.
Nice
his mom is miss cleo
play on the niners or the packers even if they aren’t good in seven years"

hahahaha
Originally posted by Baugh_Area:
Holy s**t that's amazing!
Search Podcast Draft Forum Commentary News Shop Home