LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 294 users in the forums

did jb really want andy dalton?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by monsterzero789:
They obviously felt that Cincy wasn't going to pick Kaep and NE wanted too much for the pick. and waited before trading with (Denver? i forget).

Totally agree. BTW, is was indeed Denver - which adds the the "stick it to 'em" theme with the Raiders - Denver and Davis has had a mutual disgust going on for years.
Did anyone who thinks Dalton was the first pick watch the war room reaction?

Looked to me like they were happy Dalton was picked and Kap was there for the taking.

Not at all the way they looked when Arizona picked Peterson. They were pissed when that happened.
Originally posted by Tigerlaw:

Looked to me like they were happy Dalton was picked and Kap was there for the taking.

Not at all the way they looked when Arizona picked Peterson. They were pissed when that happened.

yea they were pissed when PP was gone and ATL decided to throw all those picks to Cleveland instead of us
Don't really see why this matters. We did trade up for CK, so obviously, we liked him enough to do that. Harbaugh stated that he loves QBs with brains and crazy athleticism... last attribute going far more to CK than AD.

Makes the most sense for a QB guru to develop the guy with better physical attributes.. even though I had Dalton rated higher. Good pick though...
  • Lifer
  • Veteran

I didn't see it, but if the war room celebrated when Dalton was taken, that would be pretty conclusive proof that Kaeperneick was their man all along.

Does anyone know if the war room video is archived somewhere?

It makes sense that they would try to trade up in front of Cincy in order to have first choice of the remaining quarterbacks. They knew Cincy was likely to take a QB, but you can never know for sure which one they really want. Once the deal with NE fell through, they had to wait and see if their guy would fall to them.
Originally posted by Lifer:

I didn't see it, but if the war room celebrated when Dalton was taken, that would be pretty conclusive proof that Kaeperneick was their man all along.

Does anyone know if the war room video is archived somewhere?

It makes sense that they would try to trade up in front of Cincy in order to have first choice of the remaining quarterbacks. They knew Cincy was likely to take a QB, but you can never know for sure which one they really want. Once the deal with NE fell through, they had to wait and see if their guy would fall to them.

I'll play devil's advocate here.

Everybody in the 9er's Waroom KNEW Cincy would draft a QB, and that there was absolutely nothing they could do about it. Therefore, instructions were given to cheer the pick, regardless of who it was so that it would appear that the staff was happy that "their guy" fell to them. THis way in the future, when everybody started overanalysing who the team really wanted, this would be further "proof" that we got who we wanted.

• mayo49
  • Veteran

I keep hearing that they we high fiving when Dalton was the pick. I wish someone had al clip of it.
Really doesn't matter to me if Colin wasn't their 1st choice. It's who we got time to develop him. I wasn't a huge Colin fan coming into the draft but folks are talking as if Andy Dalton is a sure fire hall of famer and the world is over b/c the Niners didn't go grab him
From what I get out of this, Lowell Cohn sort of nailed it; Harbaugh pulled a Bill Walsh, wanted to expand upon the WCO mold (as Harbs did with Josh Johnson at SD, before returning to the old mold with Andrew Luck at Standford); and indeed went after a highly intelligent/athletically gifted prototype for the future.

Dalton will bloom into a great QB, but Andy's far too 'traditional' WCO (too old-school, like Kolb); is accurate, but easily has one of the weaker arms of the QB class (this may have been good for a WCO in the 70's-80's; but it won't fly today in the age of the Zone-ILB).
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by RonMexico:
Originally posted by HessianDud:
who is jb?

u guys f**king serious?? c'mon now. there is only one.

Where are the MODS when you need 1!

• mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by lifer49erfan:
who is jb?

How old is Beeber? He looks like he's 10 years old.
Originally posted by mayo49:
who is jb?

don't worry, he'll be 18 soon enough.
who is jb?

Bill Walsh wanted to draft Phil Simms (even promised him) on draft day, Giants nabbed Simms barely 30 mins into the 1st round. -With Simms off the board, Walsh opted for plan B; an elusive/athletic comeback king with 'bird legs' (that also played basketball), who was a part-time starter for Notre Dame (that was knocked in the '79 draft for beating 'weaker' competition when taken off the bench).
who is jb?

why do yall keep saying "he"? I see a bunch of girls here in SF that look like that girl...but usually they are into other women.
Share 49ersWebzone