There are 134 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Round 1, #7, the San Francisco 49ers selects Aldon Smith, DE, Missouri

Originally posted by DonnieDarko:

wow thank god dave razzano isn't in our front office...

I'm pretty sure you were in agreement when this was filmed.

Originally posted by PSYKO5:
Originally posted by ImaMod:
Originally posted by ElDannMann:
fml

WTF????????????????

this was a 100% trent baalke pick

absolutely hate it, oh well

I have to admit. I wanted to punch the wall when we picked Aldon.
Originally posted by DatNyjerSireez:

I'm pretty sure you were in agreement when this was filmed.

Originally posted by PSYKO5:
Originally posted by ImaMod:
Originally posted by ElDannMann:
fml

WTF????????????????

this was a 100% trent baalke pick

absolutely hate it, oh well

I have to admit. I wanted to punch the wall when we picked Aldon.

i'm a fan, not a scout or GM. i had no clue who aldon smith was, but nice try
Originally posted by NCommand:
Wow, this is an epic fail report from top to bottom. Was he right on any of his assessments? One?

he thought at one point we should start nate davis over alex smith
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
Originally posted by Young2Rice:

That was the worst draft analysis ever. He called the DROY, ROY and runner up DROY overrated.

lol

ive been saying razzano sucks for a while he cant even get a job anywhere he workd for some nfl mobile or some s**t like that

Doesn't he do regular spots for 95.7?
dave razzano being dave razzano:

One quarterback on the 49ers' roster Razzano said he believes can be a highly successful NFL player is Nate Davis, who entered the NFL draft following his junior season at Ball State. Razzano said he had Davis rated higher than Smith as an NFL prospect.

"When I evaluated him, I thought he was the same guy as Mark Sanchez (wtf?)," Razzano said. "I thought they were very similar. But you have to put a guy on the field and let him play. There's a reason Ball State was, like, 12-1 or 13-1 for the first time ever. And now they're back to winning two games. That guy was a heck of a quarterback.

"They might say, 'He doesn't learn this or that.' If they just handed him the keys, that's their answer. He'll make mistakes, but he won't make the same mistake twice. This kid made every throw imaginable. It wasn't a short-passing game (at Ball State). There would be guys in his face and he'd roll out, man, he hit guys on a 30-yard freakin' strike between defenders. The kid was unbelievable. I knew he'd fall (in the draft) because in the spring all that garbage comes in."

Davis tumbled down draft boards after he played his final game at Ball State, presumably because of a learning disability. The 49ers selected Davis late in the fifth round. He might get an opportunity this summer to compete with David Carr for the team's backup position, but he poses no immediate threat to Smith's status as the starter.

"But Leinart, I feel, is better than Smith

seriously wtf on bolded especially the sachez thing
So, what we're saying is that Razzano is half of the board members here lol?
I have never seen a guy been so wrong about so many players. Wow!...

Thanks guys. That was a good laugh

Did the announcer say '3 times SB winning scout.'
[ Edited by qnnhan7 on Apr 12, 2012 at 8:53 PM ]
i just remember back in the day all the alex smith haters would quote this guy to death cuz he thinks alex sucks. he was their god for awhile
Wow, this is an epic fail report from top to bottom. Was he right on any of his assessments? One?

He was right on a lot of guys. Amukamara slipped in the draft and didnt have a great season and was injured. Blaine Gabbert looks worse then Alex smith's rookie year. I didn't hear all year about how Paea and Ayers did. Obviously wrong on Cam Newton Von Miller and Aldon Smith who looks like perenial pro bowlers. Ryan Mallet was over hyped by a lot of guys and was drafted in the 3rd round.

But ask Ben Roethlisberger if Aldon Smith is under whelming as a pass rusher.
Originally posted by ItsKapTime:
"Underwhelming as a pass rusher"

Nice evaluation

fool is an idiot
  • Ether
  • Veteran
Originally posted by BillWalsh:

He was right on a lot of guys. Amukamara slipped in the draft and didnt have a great season and was injured. Blaine Gabbert looks worse then Alex smith's rookie year. I didn't hear all year about how Paea and Ayers did. Obviously wrong on Cam Newton Von Miller and Aldon Smith who looks like perenial pro bowlers. Ryan Mallet was over hyped by a lot of guys and was drafted in the 3rd round.

But ask Ben Roethlisberger if Aldon Smith is under whelming as a pass rusher.
The only guy he was right about was Gabbert. He knocked Prince for "poor ball skills" and cited his 0 picks in 2010... Except no one threw to his side when he was at Nebraska. He was injured for the first like 8 weeks of the season, came in and in his very first series and picked off a pass against Philly (guarding DeSean).

Paea didn't do much but he did record a safety in his debut game.

Ayers started a 16 games for Tennessee. Not too bad for a rookie.
Kiper and Gruden were on the money with their predictions for this guy......

Gruden: "I don't think the 49ers were happy with the pass rush they got from Manny Lawson, Parys Haralson and Travis LaBoy"
[ Edited by TlSSER on Apr 13, 2012 at 5:33 AM ]
GOD I love our defense!
Originally posted by TlSSER:
Kiper and Gruden were on the money with their predictions for this guy......

Gruden: "I don't think the 49ers were happy with the pass rush they got from Manny Lawson, Parys Haralson and Travis LaBoy"

Gruden: "Aldon Smith, Justin Smith, Patrick Willis, you have the ingredients in place to be really good.