Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by 9ersnation:
Don't get how you pass on Prince. Disappointed big time

This

hope i'm wrong....

[ Edited by Hitman49 on Apr 28, 2011 at 17:56:28 ]
bye bye manny lawson
[ Edited by DonnieDarko on Apr 11, 2012 at 4:12 AM ]
Who the f*ck is this guy????? i feel like the f*ckin raiders ughhhh!!!!!
2nd best pass-rusher in the draft behind Von Miller What this tells me is that the 49ers want an explosive defense that gets after the QB, that Fangio was not excited with his options at OLB and wants to bring in a top young talent he can coach up to play in his aggressive defense. This guy is young, with plenty of room to grow, freakish wingspan, great speed..........I don't see this being a pick that the 49ers will end up regretting. This puts Parys Harylson firmly on the bench where he belongs.

Many mock drafts had this guy going in the Top 10, often to the Texans, so this isn't a huge reach and he's a highly regarded talent with room to grow. Thumbs up say I.

What Kiper had to say about Smith a few months back.

""Smith's declaration moved him up among draft-eligible pass-rushers," Kiper writes. "Smith is more athlete than refined pass-rusher at this stage, but he has a great wing-span and is a perfect size and speed combination to develop as an outside linebacker. We know Houston has to address the defensive side of the ball and Smith is the kind of high-upside player that will fly up the board as personnel people start seeing the tape. He'll improve a weak pass rush."

[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Apr 28, 2011 at 17:56:18 ]
  • zero
  • Veteran
who the fu(k is this guy???

veeerrry disappointed with this

• Chief
  • Veteran
Sweet, a surprise pick!

I love it, can't wait to see the Zone implode!

He might end up being a beast, better than Miller!

Seriously hope he is underrated by EVERYONE INCLUDING ME. OTC, Maddog, help
  • RKab
  • Veteran
Clearly addressed the pass rush issue which is something we've all been clamoring for for years.

From Scott Wright's mock:

"There are some who feel that five years from now Smith will be regarded as one of the premier players to come out of this draft."

Surprise - yes but I can live with it given the way the chips fell. We need to trade up into the end of round 1 and get Dalton or Ponder.

Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
We just picked Kentwan Balmer 2.0, yay.

Looks just like Manny Lawson.
jeez! Was he even ranked?

Is this Kentwan Balmer 2.0?

I'm more angry at the fact that we didn't trade down to get him... that was horrible
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
2nd best pass-rusher in the draft behind Aldon Smith. What this tells me is that the 49ers want an explosive defense that gets after the QB, that Fangio was not excited with his options at OLB and wants to bring in a top young talent he can coach up to play in his aggressive defense. This guy is young, with plenty of room to grow, freakish wingspan, great speed..........I don't see this being a pick that the 49ers will end up regretting. This puts Parys Harylson firmly on the bench where he belongs.

What Kiper had to say about Smith a few months back.

I sure hope you are right....at least someone is positive. Wow....

""Smith's declaration moved him up among draft-eligible pass-rushers," Kiper writes. "Smith is more athlete than refined pass-rusher at this stage, but he has a great wing-span and is a perfect size and speed combination to develop as an outside linebacker. We know Houston has to address the defensive side of the ball and Smith is the kind of high-upside player that will fly up the board as personnel people start seeing the tape. He'll improve a weak pass rush."
Let's calm down from the massive overreactions here.
Share 49ersWebzone