There are 523 users in the forums
Joe Perry passed away
Apr 25, 2011 at 1:40 PM
- GorefullBore
- Veteran
- Posts: 4,449
R.I.P. Jpe
Apr 25, 2011 at 4:07 PM
- ea_thegreat
- Veteran
- Posts: 7,376
R.I.P.
Apr 25, 2011 at 5:37 PM
- craigyboy
- Veteran
- Posts: 535
rip jet
Apr 25, 2011 at 9:44 PM
- YungAce
- Veteran
- Posts: 46,920
rip
Apr 25, 2011 at 9:46 PM
- WillistheWall
- Veteran
- Posts: 22,848
RIP Mr. Perry AKA the Jet.
Apr 25, 2011 at 11:09 PM
- mrnick49er
- Veteran
- Posts: 11
RIP Joe You Be Miss But Not Forgotten
b

b
Apr 25, 2011 at 11:16 PM
- TheRambler
- Veteran
- Posts: 38,350
Originally posted by TonyStarks:
damn...Respect.
![]()
RIP
Joe Perry
Best one yet lol
RIP
Apr 26, 2011 at 12:02 AM
- PTulini
- Veteran
- Posts: 12,412
Apr 26, 2011 at 12:15 AM
- Ninersdeep
- Veteran
- Posts: 398
RIP to the jet.
Frank is probably gonna become all time leading rusher next season though.
Frank is probably gonna become all time leading rusher next season though.
Apr 26, 2011 at 1:22 AM
- phatbutskinny
- Veteran
- Posts: 27,247
damn r.i.p.
Apr 26, 2011 at 5:47 AM
- RishikeshA
- Veteran
- Posts: 12,720
One of the greatest 49ers ever.
Apr 26, 2011 at 1:01 PM
- Tru2RedNGold25
- Veteran
- Posts: 8,024
Way Way before my time but still a 49er great FOREVER.....
Rest In Peace "THE JET"
Rest In Peace "THE JET"
Apr 26, 2011 at 1:31 PM
- 49ERGLENN
- Veteran
- Posts: 5,568
Joe "The Jet" Perry, still the all time leading rusher for the San Francisco 49ERS! R.I.P. 49ER Great! He used to drink at my Uncle's Saloon in the Marina District and worked out at the same Health Club that I worked out at! Great guy and always a gentleman and Niner Great!
Apr 27, 2011 at 3:17 PM
- BigRon
- Legend
- Posts: 14,826
Joe Perry, what a great guy. At his simple home in Chandler Az he would play football in the streets with the kids in the neighborhood. I would watch him and he could still move well late into his 70's. A Friend for a long time. I will miss him.
Apr 28, 2011 at 12:12 PM
- leolion
- Veteran
- Posts: 1,564
Originally posted by 49erRider:Originally posted by dj43:
He was the greatest 49er running back ever and one of the greatest ever in the league.
No disrespect to The Jet, but it was a completely different game back then. Defenses weren't a fraction as complex as they are now and a superior athlete like Joe Perry could run wild. These days, schemes and game planning can make inferior athletes shut down better athletes.
R.I.P. Joe Perry
And OTOH - he got his yards playing 12 games a season, and sharing the ball with two other HOF runners. With the exception of Jim Brown, he was the greatest running back I ever saw. RIP, indeed.