LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 292 users in the forums

49ers 2011 Season PREDICTIONS

Shop Find 49ers gear online
And another unnecessary schedule thread.
Oh optimistic bridge of happiness you suck!

This season will be difficult given how long they have to prepare for the season, none if this goes into August which it could. If they get a chance to get a FA QB, count on it which could be Kolb, McNabb, Hasselbeck, etc or trade for one. If it comes down to starting a Rookie VS the Vet, I see Harbaugh going with who win the competition like he said. Even then, we have a new QB, duh!

QB is but one variable so is the fact they are ALL starting with new playbooks so right at the start the entire team will have to work at a disadvantage. Both the D, O and ST will be coming into this season fresh, but inexperienced in the schemes. We desperately need intelligent, hardworking and focused players, those will rise to the top just naturally. That is why they need an "Amukamura" who fits the bill as a rookie, one with the capacity to take it in and execute it under pressure. Still, not enough.

Oh and let the powers that be in NFLdom Scheduling Dept. wield it's will on us driving another aspect of adversity. Mike Sando said it best:

"Where to begin? The 49ers play a Monday night game at home against the Steelers followed by a Saturday game against the Seahawks at Qwest Field. That's a tough turnaround, but there is more. (5 Day turnaround while flying out)

The 49ers play a Sunday game at home against division-rival Arizona on Dec. 11, followed by a Thanksgiving game across the country in Baltimore -- a highly anticipated matchup pitting 49ers coach Jim Harbaugh against his brother, John. That's just brutal. (WTF, 4 day turnaround going back East no less)

On top of it all, the league again saddled the 49ers with more 10 a.m. PT kickoffs than any West Coast team should have to face. Five of the six potential early starts will indeed kick off in the 10 a.m. PT hour, matching the total for Seattle. That's 27 early kickoffs in 28 chances since 2007. Good luck, Jim. "Mike Sando

It's just not going to happen.

My hope is ten games and the division.

My expectation is seven. Anything above is truly a bonus.

Sun 9/11 Seattle - WIN 1:05p
Sun 9/18 Cowboys - WIN 1:05p
Sun 9/25 @Bengals - WIN 10:00a
Sun 10/2 @Eagles - LOSS 10:00a
Sun 10/9 Buccaneers - LOSS 1:05p Could be a win
Sun 10/16 @Lions - LOSS 10:00a
BYE
Sun 10/30 Browns - WIN 1:15p
Sun 11/6 @Redskins - LOSS 10:00a Could be a win
Sun 11/13 Giants - LOSS 1:15p
Sun 11/20 Cardinals - WIN 1:05p
Thur 11/24 @Ravens - LOSS 5:20p
Sun 12/4 Rams - WIN 1:15p
Sun 12/11 @Cardinals - WIN 1:05p
Mon 12/19 Steelers - LOSS 5:30p
Sat 12/24 @Seahawks - LOSS 1:15p
Sun 1/1 @Rams - LOSS 10:00a Could be a win

We shall see...
[ Edited by ninertico on Apr 19, 2011 at 8:42 PM ]
I have absolutely NO clue as to what kind of 49ers we will see.

NONE.
With Alex Smith as QB, the same ol mediocrity... 6-10ish, 7-9ish and miss the playoffs. Then the Alex supporters will say,"Give him another year to familiarize himself with the playbook/coaches."
11-5 if smith starts
Originally posted by TonyStarks:

NONE.

this

NONE.

As long as it's not the typical, "Niners expected to take the NFC West" year after year ONLY to be let down miserably
Originally posted by Solace49:

NONE.

As long as it's not the typical, "Niners expected to take the NFC West" year after year ONLY to be let down miserably

I think we have an easier schedule than those other teams in our division, and we were pretty close with them last year. I think we have a shot actually. Maybe win it at 8-8? We need to try to be better than that. It depends on how this team gels in training camp after the lockout ends.
Originally posted by gold49er2183:

NONE.

this
  • Hctr
  • Veteran
10 - 6 division winners

9 or 10 wins with palmer or smith
16-0 if Luck didnt puss out and we were able to grab him
8-8 at best
why are so many people being pessimistic??

this schedule looks like cake. i only see 3 games on the schedule that are probably losses. 13 of 16 games are very winnable. I think we lose @PHI, vs. PIT, and @BAL, but there arent any other games that scare me at all. the other decent opponent games are mostly home games.

theres 11 win potential in this schedule if Harbaugh knows what hes doing. itll probably be more like 9, but the 5-7 wins at best people dont know what theyre talking about.

while im thrilled to see us FINALLY get our first Thanksgiving game in my lifetime, im disappointed that we only got 2 national TV games. guess the NFL gave up on pumping up the 49ers/Cardinals rivalry. this is the first time i can remember we dont play AZ on MNF in years.
Originally posted by Niners99:
why are so many people being pessimistic??

this schedule looks like cake. i only see 3 games on the schedule that are probably losses. 13 of 16 games are very winnable. I think we lose @PHI, vs. PIT, and @BAL, but there arent any other games that scare me at all. the other decent opponent games are mostly home games.

theres 11 win potential in this schedule if Harbaugh knows what hes doing. itll probably be more like 9, but the 5-7 wins at best people dont know what theyre talking about.

while im thrilled to see us FINALLY get our first Thanksgiving game in my lifetime, im disappointed that we only got 2 national TV games. guess the NFL gave up on pumping up the 49ers/Cardinals rivalry. this is the first time i can remember we dont play AZ on MNF in years.

Because we don't have a good QB. And if Alex Smith decides to resign with us, he hasn't proven that he can win. He's really good at losing though.
Share 49ersWebzone