There are 219 users in the forums

Does having Harbaugh give you more comfort in this draft?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Qb is absolutley the difference maker in the NFL. We are all disappointed that Luck isnt coming out this year. Having said that i really see two options. we mortgage this years draft abit to be CERTAIN we get Luck next year......Or (and i think a likely scenario) we choose 2 Qb's and immediately try to build a bond between them. then let the best man win.
I honestly feel we have talent on this team, if we had a franchise QB, we would be an entirely different team. Yes I have faith in Haurbaugh/Baalke to land a couple impact players, most importantly QB
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
Regarding the QB position, absolutely. Everything else? Who knows.
Originally posted by Shifter:
Qb is absolutley the difference maker in the NFL. We are all disappointed that Luck isnt coming out this year. Having said that i really see two options. we mortgage this years draft abit to be CERTAIN we get Luck next year......Or (and i think a likely scenario) we choose 2 Qb's and immediately try to build a bond between them. then let the best man win.
I honestly feel we have talent on this team, if we had a franchise QB, we would be an entirely different team. Yes I have faith in Haurbaugh/Baalke to land a couple impact players, most importantly QB

#7 wouldn't help you if Luck came out this year.
Originally posted by NinerPrideinNJ:
Originally posted by nvninerfan1:
Absolutely not. I witnessed Walsh and Seifert missing ocassionally. It's a crap shoot.

Agreed. I'm not saying I have zero worries regarding this draft, I'm just saying I'm more confident in our decision making this year than I have been since Walsh last ran the show in 2001.

Good points and well said by both posts above. From what I've read, I am not so concerned about JH's QB or offensive selections, but I am unsure about his ability to draft defensive players mainly because of my lack of knowledge on how/if JH's contributions to drafting defensive players prior.
I maybe just hoping but Yes, I think he and our GM will make good selections and move to get the players they feel they need. It just feels like they will get the best players for the system their gonna run, some thing that has been sadly lacking in the past.
  • Veteran
Yea on Harbaugh, no on Baalke. Baalke has the same mentality as McCluless, The bigger is better doesn't always work. Walsh never rafted the way we've been drafting for the past two decade.
nope. baalke runs the draft
  • Janitor
  • HOF Food Reviews
Originally posted by 190836:
Yea on Harbaugh, no on Baalke. Baalke has the same mentality as McCluless, The bigger is better doesn't always work. Walsh never rafted the way we've been drafting for the past two decade.

Did Walsh use a boat?
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Janitor:

Did Walsh use a boat?

Ok,drafted. Better now?
  • Janitor
  • HOF Food Reviews

Did Walsh use a boat?

Ok,drafted. Better now?

No. There's no space after the comma. Didn't you know you have to be perfect to post on the Webzone?

• Veteran

Did Walsh use a boat?

Ok,drafted. Better now?

No. There's no space after the comma. Didn't you know you have to be perfect to post on the Webzone?

yes. I am anxious to see what he brings to the next level. He certainly has a lot of talented players to work with (ahem...QB?). He seemed to have done a good job of evaluating talent thru different college levels. Yes.
Originally posted by Jersey9er:
Hell yeah it makes a big difference. I honestly dont care who we have at center, who we have on the Oline, or who we have at WR because I truly have faith that we have someone who knows offense, knows how to adjust, knows how to gameplan, and above all knows that every position on the team is different and has to be treated accordingly. Not too mention he was an NFL QB.

I dont think we could of asked for someone better, proven or not. I mean if Bradford can make it to the playoffs, with the same dinks and dunks that I saw all of our QB's throw, whether Shaun Hill, Alex, Troy, s**t even Carr, then we can do the same thing.

I was shocked at how their offense looked and Bradford had a horrible QB rating.

One thing I will pay close attention to tho, i noticed the difference with the Rams and even the Cards, and us, is that it seems like we are the only team in the league, who's WR's never manage to get open, and it dont matter who the QB was.

Part receiver *cough* talent, and a large part horrible offensive playcalling.
i'm starting to feel like harbaugh will make many questionable picks...
Yes, as Harbaugh and Fangio are giving the team direction and Baalke can draft toward that direction. It is difficult to draft when there is no consistent system. The team has drafted players for one system and then changed the system, then changed again, then...you get the picture.

If Baalke and Harbaugh are on the same page, they will know what type of players will fit the new system. They have a load of choices to use, either to trade up for quality or draft questionable players (injuries or character) to see who can make a difference. Harbaugh is a football junkie and is offensive minded. I'm not sure anyone in the war room had an offensive bent over the past several years. At least not anyone who mattered.
Share 49ersWebzone