LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 278 users in the forums

49ers "State if the Franchise" NFL Network

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I agree Smith isn't the answer by any means but some people on here really exaggerate. Smith wasn't great or very good but he also wasn't "terrible" and vomit inducing (well...except those 5-7 minutes in the 3rd quarter of the Eagles game).

I hope this lock out ends soon so we can get a real QB..and personally..I'd rather move on from Smith even if it means signing some other stop gap who is of equal or lesser value. It's just better for everyone involved.
Keeping Smith doesn't mean that he is automatically the starter and all is lost. The team will still have the opportunity to get another QB the same as if he was gone. Makes no difference.

It is smart to keep him when nobody is sure how and when the season will unfold with the lock-out and all. He could be a good back-up, an important position, if a really good QB is signed.

Seems like a smart plan to me.
  • hb123
  • Veteran
this is depressing, we're still considering asmith after 7 years
Originally posted by hb123:
this is depressing, we're still considering asmith after 7 years

as the guy a couple post ahead of us said he is our best option the team loves him adn trusts him since his rookie year he has had 48 td to 38 int while not having a legit target till last year (VD) and having a decent o line till this year (still had 2 rookies starting)

harbaugh acually knows his x's and o's unlike sing and nolan they will know how to use him effectively if they bring alex back we should trust harbaugh
Originally posted by carlgo:
Keeping Smith doesn't mean that he is automatically the starter and all is lost. The team will still have the opportunity to get another QB the same as if he was gone. Makes no difference.

It is smart to keep him when nobody is sure how and when the season will unfold with the lock-out and all. He could be a good back-up, an important position, if a really good QB is signed.

Seems like a smart plan to me.

True. Smith would basically = Rattay.

The bigger question is how we ended up right back at square one. Ugh. Sucks. Oh well.
Originally posted by LambdaChi49:
I agree Smith isn't the answer by any means but some people on here really exaggerate. Smith wasn't great or very good but he also wasn't "terrible" and vomit inducing (well...except those 5-7 minutes in the 3rd quarter of the Eagles game).

I hope this lock out ends soon so we can get a real QB..and personally..I'd rather move on from Smith even if it means signing some other stop gap who is of equal or lesser value. It's just better for everyone involved.
Originally posted by Leathaface:

Won't happen.

Smith will be here till 2016.
Originally posted by Method:
Originally posted by Leathaface:

Won't happen.

Smith will be here till 2016.

Just horrid.
Just horrid.
Just horrid.
Just horrid.
Just horrid.
Just horrid.Just horrid.Just horrid.Just horrid.Just horrid.Just horrid.Just horrid.Just horrid.

Share 49ersWebzone