There are 169 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Round 2, #36, the San Francisco 49ers selects Colin Kaepernick (QB) Nevada

This
http://www.csnbayarea.com/blog/niners-talk/post/Alex-Smith-Id-love-to-stay-here?blockID=636712&feedID=2800

...doesn't speculate anything about CK7 taking over but it's very intriguing with the outside chance of "Alex Smith not offered new contract with 49er." HIGHLY UNLIKELY but the what if's would spawn!

What team would pick him up? Would we draft a late draft QB to compete with Kaepernick and Tolzien? Or more realistically bringing in a cheap vet to oversee the daily work habits of the two youngsters?

Alex deserves to be back and continue to mature into Harbaugh's/Roman's West Coast offense. Get the man some weapons and allow the OLine to gell some more! Then... unleash the CK7 in a couple years
Originally posted by sf49ersx11:
This
http://www.csnbayarea.com/blog/niners-talk/post/Alex-Smith-Id-love-to-stay-here?blockID=636712&feedID=2800

...doesn't speculate anything about CK7 taking over but it's very intriguing with the outside chance of "Alex Smith not offered new contract with 49er." HIGHLY UNLIKELY but the what if's would spawn!

What team would pick him up? Would we draft a late draft QB to compete with Kaepernick and Tolzien? Or more realistically bringing in a cheap vet to oversee the daily work habits of the two youngsters?

Alex deserves to be back and continue to mature into Harbaugh's/Roman's West Coast offense. Get the man some weapons and allow the OLine to gell some more! Then... unleash the CK7 in a couple years

i'm calling Seattle if (and a big IF) we don't offer alex a contract. (see long list of former 49ers that go to seattle)
Originally posted by 49erfeeeever808:
This

i'm calling Seattle if (and a big IF) we don't offer alex a contract. (see long list of former 49ers that go to seattle)

LOL that didn't cross my mind but that's a risk if we don't resign him I suppose. I was thinking maybe the Colts draft him to pave the way for Andrew Luck (strange huh?) but recently it seems highly drafted Quartberacks are thrown into the fire.
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
imagine if it were Dalton sitting on the bench this year for us, learning. one pick too late...

I bet the ranch on Kap's over dalton. Kap's upside is far greater. Plus we have the QB whisper(Harbaugh) who hand picked Kaps and is grooming him. We got the upper hand. Plus Harbaugh said they were trying to trade up to the late first round to snatch Kaps but New england wouldn't budge. So either way Kaps is our man
Why dont any of the beat writers talk about this guy (good or bad)? Dont they see him in practice?
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
Why dont any of the beat writers talk about this guy (good or bad)? Dont they see him in practice?

He's the inferior QB and gets like 5 snaps. What are they going to write about?
Colin will hold the Kaep Camp for all backups, rookies, and practice squad players the weeks leading up to TC. Thus earning Harbaugh's trust and be that much closer to unseating Alex Smith as a starter.
Originally posted by 49erfeeeever808:
This

washington

alex would excell in shannahans offense
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
Colin will hold the Kaep Camp for all backups, rookies, and practice squad players the weeks leading up to TC. Thus earning Harbaugh's trust and be that much closer to unseating Alex Smith as a starter.

Alex just led us to the NFC Championship game and you still want him gone? WTF!!!!!!!!!
Originally posted by qnnhan7:

You can dream, general.
Originally posted by okdkid:
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:

He's the inferior QB and gets like 5 snaps. What are they going to write about?

If that's the case, I'd still like to hear about it. I'll even take a "Kaeps a scrub, got a new tatoo and spends far too much time on twitter."
Originally posted by backontop:
Alex just led us to the NFC Championship game and you still want him gone? WTF!!!!!!!!!

I read his statement, twice. I'm not completely sure, but I sensed sarcasm in that post of his.
Originally posted by lssanjose:
Originally posted by backontop:

I read his statement, twice. I'm not completely sure, but I sensed sarcasm in that post of his.

Can Colin Kaepernick play wide receiver?
i dont know why so many ppl count Kap out of the race for our QB. yea he threw alot of interceptions in the preseason but most rookies would given the short offseason. Dalton looked down right awful in preseason and he made me eat a whole lot of crow this season.

I like alex but i dont really expect him to be an elite QB. he goes into conservative mode too much.

Kap has good accuracy, a rocket arm, and incredible mobility

Have a little more faith in Harbaughs decision to trade up for him in the 2nd.