LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 226 users in the forums

Round 2, #36, the San Francisco 49ers selects Colin Kaepernick (QB) Nevada

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by 49ers18:
but you see the accuracy with Smith?

as of now he is top 10 in completition % while we lead the nfl in dropped passes
He'll get some extended playing time against the Rams n Seahawks. Then we'll see exactly where he is.
Originally posted by prime21:
He'll get some extended playing time against the Rams n Seahawks. Then we'll see exactly where he is.

Maybe against the rams. Against the hawks no.
Originally posted by backontop:
you're right he has accuracy issues, especially when he hits his receivers right between the numbers and they drop it, right in the hands while he's scrambling for his life and they drop it, right in the hands perfectly in stride and they drop it, perfectly in stride and they can't even locate the damn ball!!! Yup he sure has accuracy issues.

Thanks. Glad someone saw what I saw

The dropped balls happen because they are so used to a thrown ball with no zip from Alex. So they are not quite ready for Kaps thrown balls....

Kap is okay in my book!
Originally posted by Ajanke:
Originally posted by prime21:

Maybe against the rams. Against the hawks no.

Lets be honest, I am a huge Kaepernick fan but he is not ready to start in the NFL.. If you have a team not headed for the play offs, then you can have the luxury of have him getting game time reps. In the mean time let him sit, learn the offense and more importantly how to read defenses. Rodgers sat for 3season behind brett favre, let Kaepernick sit and leanr.
Originally posted by 9erred:
Lets be honest, I am a huge Kaepernick fan but he is not ready to start in the NFL.. If you have a team not headed for the play offs, then you can have the luxury of have him getting game time reps. In the mean time let him sit, learn the offense and more importantly how to read defenses. Rodgers sat for 3season behind brett favre, let Kaepernick sit and leanr.
You could be right, and I agree for the most part. However; after a full off-season and OTA's etc, he could be ready sooner than we think.
Originally posted by Ninerfire:
Originally posted by 9erred:
You could be right, and I agree for the most part. However; after a full off-season and OTA's etc, he could be ready sooner than we think.

Rather have this guy sit again. Follow the Aaron Rogers route. We just gotta find a HOF QB for him to learn from lol...

Peyton!!!!!
[ Edited by Ajanke on Dec 13, 2011 at 7:03 AM ]
I completely agree with allowing Kaepernick time to grow. With that said, out continuity on offense will only help Alex over the next year. There will be growth and development with offensive chemistry the more Alex throws passes to Williams, Crabs, etc in this scheme. No, that won't fix some of his terrible passes, but it will give us a better competitive advantage.

Also, I believe something happens to a team, especially the quarterback of a team, when they reach the playoffs. We are growing into a team that will start to EXPECT winning and the playoffs will no longer be an unachievable feat. That adds to a teams confidence and psyche, especially when playing from behind. This, too, is a huge confidence builder for Alex.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by YungAce:
Originally posted by susweel:
Get ready young Kap you gonna get your shot next year. Boy wonder is fizzling out........as expected.

Alex will be the QB but I really think Kaep could be our QB of the future. I'm excited

I don't see the accuracy with Kaep. Not sure he is the future.

Definitely more accurate than Kaep at this time.

Funny how people can say he is not accurate when they have seen him throw less then 50 passes in the NFL while learning a completely new style of play coming from the college game. Yet Boy Wonder has been missing WRs for 7 years and still gets a pass.

I swear some people have an emotional attachment to some players. Makes you wonder if they are fans of the team or just fans of certain players.
I hope Kaep doesnt have 2 endure what Rodgers had to go through when sitting behind Favre all does years..........Smith is no Favre n i hope the niners make him take a back seat sooner then later so we can see what Kaep is all about.........hope the very best for Colin

GO NINERS!!!

• fly15
  • Veteran
Originally posted by YungAce:
Get ready young Kap you gonna get your shot next year. Boy wonder is fizzling out........as expected.

Alex will be the QB but I really think Kaep could be our QB of the future. I'm excited

I don't see the accuracy with Kaep. Not sure he is the future.

Definitely more accurate than Kaep at this time.

Funny how people can say he is not accurate when they have seen him throw less then 50 passes in the NFL while learning a completely new style of play coming from the college game. Yet Boy Wonder has been missing WRs for 7 years and still gets a pass.

I swear some people have an emotional attachment to some players. Makes you wonder if they are fans of the team or just fans of certain players.

alot of plp said Newton was not ready, and he has a chance to b rookie of the year....
Originally posted by fly15:
alot of plp said Newton was not ready, and he has a chance to b rookie of the year....

Newton HAS to be rookie of the year.
Originally posted by ElDannMann:
Originally posted by fly15:

Newton HAS to be rookie of the year.

maybe so.....but for the first time ever, I think the NFL should make an exception and have Dalton and AJ Green as Rookie(s) of the Year,

I mean they did it that one year for Steve McNair and Payton Manning (was it?) who shared the MVP.
I wonder if CK knows how many people are pulling for him to take over at QB next year?
Originally posted by fister30:
I wonder if CK knows how many people are pulling for him to take over at QB next year?

The same people who are cursing themselves over the fact that Alex Smith has done everything opposite of they had wished for this season.
Share 49ersWebzone