There are 257 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Poll: Which would you rather have?

Poll: Which would you rather have?

If we had lost the last game against Arizona it would have been a crappy end to a terrible season. However, we would have the 5th pick in the draft instead of the 7th pick. and in the second round the difference in draft position is even greater (38th pick vs. 45th).

So would you trade that win for Arizona's draft position?
hey, that win is momentum carrying us into the 2011 season man!
I don't even remember the game and I sure as hell wish we could secure Miller or Peterson at #5 right now, so that pretty much answers it for me.
[ Edited by Norcal9erfan on Apr 12, 2011 at 11:49 AM ]
organization is too stupid to think that far ahead.
If we would have beat the Saints and Falcons we would probably have had the Seahawks draft position. See I can do that too
never lose on purpose to a div rival, we had beaten them 3 in a row, now its 4, i'm not concerned about them picking in front of us, last time they were @5 they picked levi brown
Win. Brings momentum into next season.

Loss would make us into a team no one wants to play for. Draft picks wouldn't be excited to come here. Possibly FA's look elsewhere thinking, "If they're losing to Arizona, how can I expect to go there and win?"

These are things good FA players actually consider. They want to go to a team they think will be a contender. Losing to a QB-less, horrific Arizona team, does not make you look anything of the like.
Originally posted by valrod33:
If we would have beat the Saints and Falcons we would probably have had the Seahawks draft position. See I can do that too
Originally posted by lamontb:

big difference. We still had hope for the season then. Cards game was completely meaningless with the exception of draft position.
  • GORO
  • Veteran
I was happy for the interim coach, but if we had lost we could have a better shot a Gabbert and if we passed on him we had a better shot at Ponder, Dalton or Kapernick in the second.

Now the Niners have to consider trading up from 7 to 2 with Denver if they believe Gabbert is their guy.
i'm more pissed about being in a tie with i think 6 other teams for 6-10 records, were picking first of the 6-10 teams in round 1 then drop to the bottom and lose about 5 draft spots in round 2, that irratated me more than the cards picking 2 spots in front of us
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:

big difference. We still had hope for the season then. Cards game was completely meaningless with the exception of draft position.

Hindsight is hindsight. Just like you can say if we lost to the Cards this would have happened. Valrod can say if they beat the Falcons then something else could have happened. it's all hindsight. The results are different but it's the same premise.

Hindsight is hindsight. Just like you can say if we lost to the Cards this would have happened. Valrod can say if they beat the Falcons then something else could have happened. it's all hindsight. The results are different but it's the same premise.

its speculative what would have happened in his example. Teams wins and losses have ripple effects. The Arizona game is not speculative. We know exactly what the effects of that game are in terms of draft position.
On game day I would say the win but today I would want the 5th pick.
Originally posted by jta854:

its speculative what would have happened in his example. Teams wins and losses have ripple effects. The Arizona game is not speculative. We know exactly what the effects of that game are in terms of draft position.

exactly. Cards game was totally foresight. No hindsight needed. Many of us were hoping to lose that game. None of us were hoping to lose either the Saints or Falcons game.