LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 218 users in the forums

Worst 49ers beat writer???

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I have to say Kevin Lynch. He writes odd stuff at times, and comes to weird conclusions. For example, he said that because of a conclusion that Pro Football Weekly came to about Christian Ponder and Andy Dalton the 49ers must feel this pressure or something? Why? Because of something PFW wrote? PFW is wrong all the time. Then in this blog he repeatedly calls ryan mallett ryan millet: http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/blogs/ninerinsider/detail?entry_id=86132 . I mean I understand if he writes stuff that people dont agree with all the time, that's fine. But can't you atleast get the players names right? Not to mention he states things that are wrong. For example, he talked about how the 9ers are puting a lot of effort into Kaepernick, Dalton, and "Millet", then he goes on to say they are showing less attention in Stanzi and Ponder. IIRC one of their top scouts was at Ponder's pro day and they already have a meeting with Stanzi.

I don't mean to rip him or anything, a lot of times he does a good job. But sometimes dude is just flat out wrong, whereas guys like Barrows and Maiocco are usually right on with their info.
He spelled someone's name wrong
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
I agree Lynch if the worst in my book.

MB is my favorite, I like his writing style and he usually writes quality pieces.
i heart Matt Maiocco

[ Edited by Snider8706 on Mar 31, 2011 at 15:53:12 ]
Originally posted by susweel:

MB is my favorite, I like his writing style and he usually writes quality pieces.

Yeah, Beeeerooows is the best; tells it like it is (without intending to rile people up). Maiocco used to be my #1 until he sold out to the corporate beast.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
Originally posted by susweel:

Yeah, Beeeerooows is the best; tells it like it is (without intending to rile people up). Maiocco used to be my #1 until he sold out to the corporate beast.

Yah MM was king for awhile but now his blogs are just too bland and no personality.
It's easily Cohn.

-9fA
He's not a Niners beat writer, but I hate Ratto!!!!!
Originally posted by montana4ever:
He's not a Niners beat writer, but I hate Ratto!!!!!
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:
It's easily Cohn.

-9fA

Totally agree. Cohn is terrible. Maiocco is awesome and Branch is on the rise. I really like his work

Cohn and not close. Also, if Ratto makes a comment, he is right there. Cant stand the fat b*****d
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
Lynch types out of his ass.

Maiocco has gone down in quality in my opinion.
Originally posted by Rubberneck36:
Cohn and not close. Also, if Ratto makes a comment, he is right there. Cant stand the fat b*****d

Cohn

[ Edited by ChaunceyGardner on Mar 31, 2011 at 16:53:19 ]
The only beat writers are Maiocco (CSN), Barrows (Sac Bee), Branch (Press Democrat), Lynch (Chronicle), and Dan Brown (Mercury).

Timmy K, Cohn, Ratto, and everyone else are columnists.

Just wanted to clear that up.
Member Milestone: This is post number 300 for sixbricks.
Fat Rat Ratto bar none
Share 49ersWebzone