There are 149 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Harbaugh channels Walsh

Originally posted by MSteitz468:
We drafted bill romanowski? I had no idea, didn't like him after spitting in stokes face on mnf

Yep, and we would have kept the likes of Romanowski and Wesley Walls had it not been for the implementation of the NFL's Salary Cap, which was aimed at destroying the 49er dynasty. Had the cap not been implemented, Romanowski and Walls never would have left.

People credit Walsh for his great offensive mind -- and there's no doubt that he was. But he doesn't get the respect he clearly deserves for recognizing and molding NFL talent at all positions. That 87 draft -- his last I believe -- set the table for Super Bowl runs in 88, 89, 90 (one Roger Craig fumble away from a three-peat) and '94.
  • Jacka
  • Veteran
Completely disagree that Grant Cohn is becoming "must" read. Have any of you noticed that all he really does is post transcripts of Q & A sessions? He occasionally throws in some info that is being written about elsewhere but unfortunately he has very little knowledge of football. I end up reading it anyway though so I guess its my own fault.
Originally posted by Jacka:
Completely disagree that Grant Cohn is becoming "must" read. Have any of you noticed that all he really does is post transcripts of Q & A sessions? He occasionally throws in some info that is being written about elsewhere but unfortunately he has very little knowledge of football. I end up reading it anyway though so I guess its my own fault.

haters gonna hate
Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
If our team was located in Philly or New York, you would see the writers deliver striking commentary on the problems with this team. Unfortunately, we have a group of really nice guys who make Pollyanna look like a skeptic. I wish the writers would ditch the puff pieces and give us the truth: We are struggling to snap the ball correctly to the QB, we have a QB controversy a few weeks before the season begins, and a front office that amateurish, at best.

The media would have crucified the Jets, Giants, Eagles, Bears if they sent a mass e-mail to other teams attempting to trade a player, or if their owner went on the airwaves to state that the lack of significant signings in free agency was because the other teams were "scared of us".

At least Lowell Cohn is around. He is not afraid to tell the truth.

I agree the bay area media with the exception of Lowell, Kawakami, Ratto and few others are all a bunch softies that will not say anything to offend anyone.

Have you heard Murph and Mac or Fitz and Brooks interview anybody? Its a complete joke!
Originally posted by billbird2111:
Yep, and we would have kept the likes of Romanowski and Wesley Walls had it not been for the implementation of the NFL's Salary Cap, which was aimed at destroying the 49er dynasty. Had the cap not been implemented, Romanowski and Walls never would have left.

People credit Walsh for his great offensive mind -- and there's no doubt that he was. But he doesn't get the respect he clearly deserves for recognizing and molding NFL talent at all positions. That 87 draft -- his last I believe -- set the table for Super Bowl runs in 88, 89, 90 (one Roger Craig fumble away from a three-peat) and '94.

wesley walls killed us for like 4 years
Harbaugh is not channeling anybody. He is himself. Stop with the Walsh stuff. He's not Walsh. Walsh is never coming back and neither is Eddie D. We are stuck with the Yorks and new coaches and coordinators every few seasons.