LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 287 users in the forums

Harbaugh channels Walsh

Shop Find 49ers gear online
what a quack
Why are you guys getting worked up by a hack who never played sports. If he did he was a bench warmer and was jealous of the QB stealing his girl-wahaha! However, I think that he was the geek that got wedgies from the guys who would pull on his panties.

I mean com'on, yes the line was bad-but his arguments would be thrown out of a court of law. Chill niner fans-by paying him mind and arguing with him on the net-he just gains more. If people just ignore him, then his boses will say he has lost his touch and find someone else.
Originally posted by 190836:
I respect your opinion, but mine are different. As long as the Yorks are in charge, we will never win, and the only ones that expose their biz approach are these two guys. Its a shame, from five SBs to this garbage.

Will you change your tune if Harbaugh turns it around in the next couple of years? People that Praise Eddie forget that his hires stunk before Walsh, and Walsh didn't start winning until year 3, w/out a lockout.
  • Veteran
Originally posted by WRATHman44:
Originally posted by 190836:
I respect your opinion, but mine are different. As long as the Yorks are in charge, we will never win, and the only ones that expose their biz approach are these two guys. Its a shame, from five SBs to this garbage.

Will you change your tune if Harbaugh turns it around in the next couple of years? People that Praise Eddie forget that his hires stunk before Walsh, and Walsh didn't start winning until year 3, w/out a lockout.
Absolutely, I am all for Harbaugh. Don't get me wrong, my criticism is not directed towards coach H. Its the Yorks that I don't trust.
  • Silky
  • Veteran
The mighty Jets gave up 7 sacks to the Texans and Rex Ryan was not happy. They blew assignments all over the field. This is an "established" team with an "established" offense. This should put things in perspective that even great teams like the Jets are going through some things and are still working out the kinks. Mods, just merge it somewhere if you feel this doesn't need its own thread. I think people need to take a step back and see it's just preseason and even the best teams are stinking it up.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-preseason/09000d5d82183564/Rex-Ryan-overreacting?module=HP11_content_stream
Originally posted by ApatheticIAm:
The mighty Jets gave up 7 sacks to the Texans and Rex Ryan was not happy. They blew assignments all over the field. This is an "established" team with an "established" offense. This should put things in perspective that even great teams like the Jets are going through some things and are still working out the kinks. Mods, just merge it somewhere if you feel this doesn't need its own thread. I think people need to take a step back and see it's just preseason and even the best teams are stinking it up.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-preseason/09000d5d82183564/Rex-Ryan-overreacting?module=HP11_content_stream

but i believe they were out their probowl center and another o lineman another pro bowler i believe....so that is not the same as our situation. our rt and rg are bad, and our lt is average. center and lg will be very good but thats it
Quite true, in most cases it is best not take the preseason seriously at all. It is not indicative of regular season success. It's mostly for evaluation of rookies, free agents, and determining the final roster. The preseason product is raw and completely unrefined, playing with and against questionable players with an overly basic game plan.

As for Rex Ryan, it is refreshing to see that Harbaugh doesn't respond in what may be perceived as a grandstanding or over-reactive manner. The core 49er tradition, top-down, since Bill Walsh has been to be understated, allowing the performance and coaching to speak for itself. In times of adversity, the 49ers became highly critical but in an inspiring way, practiced more diligently, became more focused in preparation and coached with more precision and urgency. They bottled up all the pressure internally, within the group and organization, then channeled it to fuel them toward success.
  • Silky
  • Veteran
Originally posted by elguapo:
but i believe they were out their probowl center and another o lineman another pro bowler i believe....so that is not the same as our situation. our rt and rg are bad, and our lt is average. center and lg will be very good but thats it

I'm not talking about technicalites here. They have a much better team and roster than us on paper, but they played like doo doo in their first preseason game. Many 9er fans want Harbaugh to react like Rex did it seems. To put things in perspective, many teams played poorly, not just us.
JH doesn't need to react like Rex. At least not in the preseason. If the problem persist into the regular season, then I would like to see some fire out of him in situations like Friday night.

I expect him to do this whenever Alex throws a 60 yard bomb for TD.

Harbaugh is reacting the way I wanted him to react two weeks ago, start rotating OLinemen to see how they play next to each other and let the wheat and chaf settle as it may. They still have weeks of TC left to get this sorted out and the line is usually the slowest to solidify, so not to worry...yet!

They have Boone looking good, two rookies who seem like possible backups, Sims waiting in the wings, and Wragge/Snyder who are capable to step in if necessary. So far the worry is Rachal and Davis but with only one game to judge by it is early to dismiss them. I am happy that others will be tried at their positions though, as the staff needs to know who can step in if necessary.
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:

LOL
If Singletary was still the coach, he would have thanked the saints defense for trying.to kill our qbs.

He looks like he just got a surprise prostate exam
Originally posted by WRATHman44:

He looks like he just got a surprise prostate exam

LOL! Even if it's not a surprise!
Share 49ersWebzone