There are 233 users in the forums

Harbaugh channels Walsh

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by 190836:
Originally posted by WRATHman44:
Originally posted by HessianDud:
This is his latest on Harbaugh. Its getting interesting.

http://cohn.blogs.pressdemocrat.com/14142/lowell-vs-jim-harbaugh-really/

no it isn't

I actually think it is. I don't necessarily agree with everything Cohn says, but he has the balls to criticize the pathetic management that we have.

You don't always agree with him? Child, please. You ARE him. Who else would link to EVERY single hairball that p***y(cat) pukes up? Oh, and: didn't read, Lowell!

Child? LOL. You didn't read, but made the afford and your precious time to respond. Stop being a blind follower and open your eyes kiddo.

For once I agree with Lowell... That name hasnt been popular since the Model-T was considered a sports car. How can you expect him to understand a pop-culture reference like "Child Please" if its not said on a ham radio. Gotta know your audience Wrath
  • boast
  • Hella Fame

Cohn claims he's analytical!!!!!!

i just spit coconut water all over my screen.
  • Veteran
H
Originally posted by valrod33:
Ok,
Ok, we are going 16-0. Is that better?

no you're really being ridiculous

How am i being ridiculous? If criticizing Yorks and the sh** job that they have done is ridicules, then so be it.
H

How am i being ridiculous? If criticizing Yorks and the sh** job that they have done is ridicules, then so be it.

by saying we will go 16-0
wow really? Cohn is a douche. its just 1 game. I guess the "experts" can really tell a lot about a team after just ONE PRE season game.
Originally posted by Shigeta:
I saw on the 49'ers gold mine this morning that one of the guys said Alex Smith may get cut. Thoughts?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q9pg06rzc1U

never heard of that show, i stopped after 30 seconds, s**t was atrocious
never heard of that show, i stopped after 30 seconds, s**t was atrocious

haha. yeah

do people really think the after hiring harbaugh that the team will go 14-2 or something in his first year? (i hope they can) but lets be realistic here. 8-8 would be awesome. if below 8-8, its okay..first year.. i just want to see this team get better every game.
  • Veteran
H

by saying we will go 16-0

Sarcasm?
Sarcasm?

me too
New coach, new system, and an offseason shortened by a lockout.

Please.

Cohn is all over the place on this. He admits Smith never had a chance to show anything since the o-line didn't help. He says Harbaugh needs to show more, even though he has had little time to prepare. This is his argument:
The Saints and every other team in the league had 12 practices. Sure, the Saints have continuity with their coaching staff and the Niners don’t. You know what? That’s just too bad.

If the 49ers played this bad by week 3 of the preseason, I would say I agree with Cohn. It just seems like he isn't giving Harbaugh ANY room for error. Lets see what our offense can do if we give our QB some time to throw the ball. If you saw the game, you'll notice the Saints starters didn't exactly do much against our defense either.

He continues to bash the 49ers, simply because it's easy. This is a team that hasn't been to the playoffs since 2002.

Lets see what this team can do after a few weeks of practice, and not judge them after one game

Originally posted by 5280High:

no it isn't

I actually think it is. I don't necessarily agree with everything Cohn says, but he has the balls to criticize the pathetic management that we have.

You don't always agree with him? Child, please. You ARE him. Who else would link to EVERY single hairball that p***y(cat) pukes up? Oh, and: didn't read, Lowell!

Child? LOL. You didn't read, but made the afford and your precious time to respond. Stop being a blind follower and open your eyes kiddo.

For once I agree with Lowell... That name hasnt been popular since the Model-T was considered a sports car. How can you expect him to understand a pop-culture reference like "Child Please" if its not said on a ham radio. Gotta know your audience Wrath

My bad, I should have ended all of my verbs with "-eth" to channel the proper era. Point is, I don't think we have a Super Bowl winner on our hands, and I think it is absolutely ridiculous to EXPECT an entirely new staff, that is reconstructing all three phases of the game, to put a well-oiled machine on the field after 33 hours of practice time. I think LOL Cohn has never played or coached football, and I think he is an obnoxious prick who comes across with a snotty, arrogant attitude when he discusses things he knows little to nothing about, probably because the high school football players used to bang the girls he dreamed about, but never had the guts to talk to. He is a sad, pathetic little man, who depends on the bitterness, insecurity, and reactionary responses of his loyal readers (I said "readers" because there MIGHT be two of them). 190836, I said child please, because I have NEVER seen any post by you that does not agree enthusiastically w/ LOL. I think it would suprise me less to see you massage his grundle than to disagree w/him. I don't Expect a winner this year (BW lost bad for two years, and that worked out OK), but I think the right people are in place, and that your hero LOL Cohn doesn't know his head from his ass when it comes to football, so his articles aren't worth reading. I comment on these posts of yours to attempt to illustrate how rediculous it is to link to every article by the man, like you are the president of his 2 Person fan club (assuming his son still reads his stuff).
  • Veteran

no it isn't

My bad, I should have ended all of my verbs with "-eth" to channel the proper era. Point is, I don't think we have a Super Bowl winner on our hands, and I think it is absolutely ridiculous to EXPECT an entirely new staff, that is reconstructing all three phases of the game, to put a well-oiled machine on the field after 33 hours of practice time. I think LOL Cohn has never played or coached football, and I think he is an obnoxious prick who comes across with a snotty, arrogant attitude when he discusses things he knows little to nothing about, probably because the high school football players used to bang the girls he dreamed about, but never had the guts to talk to. He is a sad, pathetic little man, who depends on the bitterness, insecurity, and reactionary responses of his loyal readers (I said "readers" because there MIGHT be two of them). 190836, I said child please, because I have NEVER seen any post by you that does not agree enthusiastically w/ LOL. I think it would suprise me less to see you massage his grundle than to disagree w/him. I don't Expect a winner this year (BW lost bad for two years, and that worked out OK), but I think the right people are in place, and that your hero LOL Cohn doesn't know his head from his ass when it comes to football, so his articles aren't worth reading. I comment on these posts of yours to attempt to illustrate how rediculous it is to link to every article by the man, like you are the president of his 2 Person fan club (assuming his son still reads his stuff).

Has it ever occur to you that the reason i post Cohn's articles are because of the over reaction of the fans such as yourself? I don't agree with all the articles by Cohn either. But you have to give it to him, he and T.K are the only ones that question the direction of the Yorks. Eight freaking years and the same sh** year after year. I am sorry but I am not a sheep. I don't follow blindly. I understand, it is unfair to expect too much from Harbaugh in his first year. But they had a whole year to do better than what they have done so far. This team is basically the same as last year. My posts will keep coming and the Mod's could lock them if they wish to. Someone has to question these fools that have brought misery to this team. Nothing personal against you or anyone. Just difference of opinions. You don't like the posts, don't spend any energy on them. Peace!

no it isn't

Has it ever occur to you that the reason i post Cohn's articles are because of the over reaction of the fans such as yourself? I don't agree with all the articles by Cohn either. But you have to give it to him, he and T.K are the only ones that question the direction of the Yorks. Eight freaking years and the same sh** year after year. I am sorry but I am not a sheep. I don't follow blindly. I understand, it is unfair to expect too much from Harbaugh in his first year. But they had a whole year to do better than what they have done so far. This team is basically the same as last year. My posts will keep coming and the Mod's could lock them if they wish to. Someone has to question these fools that have brought misery to this team. Nothing personal against you or anyone. Just difference of opinions. You don't like the posts, don't spend any energy on them. Peace!

Have you ever considered that the new coaching staff IS the big change from last year? W/ a lockout in place, the staff has had no real opportunity to coach the players and assess which players fit the scheme and which do not. It would be foolish to cut players who performed poorly in another scheme, under different coaching styles, if you could not determine for sure that they would be unsuitable in a new situation. Likewise, it is bad money-managing to spend big to replace what you have when what you have may give you what you need. That's why new coaches get the extra minicamp in the offseason, which normally goes before the draft. This year, I believe they will compete to the best of their ability, but I also believe they are going to spend a lot of their time getting a sense of the team, positioning themselves to be contenders in the near future. As far as the Yorks go, of course they made many embarassing mistakes, but they are doing the right thing now. They hired people they believe in, now they sign the checks and stay out of the way. The reason not many people criticize the Yorks these days is because they aren't making many decisions anymore. It's the Trent and Jim show, and I for one am thrilled that they are taking a long-term approach to turning the team around, rather than cow-towing to the fickle whims of an impatient and generally ignorant fanbase. Writers like Cohn and TK are the lowest form of their profession, in my opinion. They do very little investigation or legwork, but masterfully thrive on the insecurities and impatience of fans who are desperate to see immediate, unrealistic results. Like I said, he doesn't know the game from any firsthand experience, but he has no problem popping off about a subject he is generally ignorant about, while often erroneously referencing history to make his points. On top of that, he acts like the coaches and everyone who disagrees with him are stupid. All of that combines to make him an idiot in my book, not a courageous journalist.
  • Veteran

no it isn't

Have you ever considered that the new coaching staff IS the big change from last year? W/ a lockout in place, the staff has had no real opportunity to coach the players and assess which players fit the scheme and which do not. It would be foolish to cut players who performed poorly in another scheme, under different coaching styles, if you could not determine for sure that they would be unsuitable in a new situation. Likewise, it is bad money-managing to spend big to replace what you have when what you have may give you what you need. That's why new coaches get the extra minicamp in the offseason, which normally goes before the draft. This year, I believe they will compete to the best of their ability, but I also believe they are going to spend a lot of their time getting a sense of the team, positioning themselves to be contenders in the near future. As far as the Yorks go, of course they made many embarassing mistakes, but they are doing the right thing now. They hired people they believe in, now they sign the checks and stay out of the way. The reason not many people criticize the Yorks these days is because they aren't making many decisions anymore. It's the Trent and Jim show, and I for one am thrilled that they are taking a long-term approach to turning the team around, rather than cow-towing to the fickle whims of an impatient and generally ignorant fanbase. Writers like Cohn and TK are the lowest form of their profession, in my opinion. They do very little investigation or legwork, but masterfully thrive on the insecurities and impatience of fans who are desperate to see immediate, unrealistic results. Like I said, he doesn't know the game from any firsthand experience, but he has no problem popping off about a subject he is generally ignorant about, while often erroneously referencing history to make his points. On top of that, he acts like the coaches and everyone who disagrees with him are stupid. All of that combines to make him an idiot in my book, not a courageous journalist.

I respect your opinion, but mine are different. As long as the Yorks are in charge, we will never win, and the only ones that expose their biz approach are these two guys. Its a shame, from five SBs to this garbage.
Share 49ersWebzone