There are 205 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

ESPN power rankings - RBs - Gore #10

Originally posted by NinerPrideinNJ:
I still think Gore is a top 7 running back.

This list looks more to me like Top 10 running backs of 2010, not Top 10 RB's overall.

Arian Foster has only started one season. Sure it was a great year but that's a small sample to base his ranking off of.
Gore is the top all around back in the league imo.

Best part is he`s done it behind a s**t Oline with a new system every year, has 2 bad knees/shoulders and still is one of the best.

Gore behind a good line = rushing title

[ Edited by 49ersMan420 on Mar 16, 2011 at 11:20:37 ]
my problem with the list is that 5 out of 8 "experts" who voted didnt even rank gore in the top 10

[ Edited by crabman82 on Mar 16, 2011 at 11:45:04 ]
Sounds about right


Actually I would take McFadden over Gore because of his age.

[ Edited by susweel on Mar 16, 2011 at 11:50:43 ]
Originally posted by wailers15:
Originally posted by Draftology:
The only running back ahead of him that I don't agree with is Rashard Mendenhall. I do take offense with Gore being on the same level as Lesean McCoy

McCoy has shown he's a great receiver coming out of the backfield. hell the yr before last McCoy crushed it as a receiver. Gore gets hurt to much
The problem is that McCoy is a runningback
Originally posted by Draftology:
Originally posted by wailers15:
Originally posted by Draftology:
The only running back ahead of him that I don't agree with is Rashard Mendenhall. I do take offense with Gore being on the same level as Lesean McCoy

McCoy has shown he's a great receiver coming out of the backfield. hell the yr before last McCoy crushed it as a receiver. Gore gets hurt to much
The problem is that McCoy is a runningback

so were ricky watters and roger craig, being a threat in the passing game is part of being a rb
Originally posted by NinerPrideinNJ:
I still think Gore is a top 7 running back.

This list looks more to me like Top 10 running backs of 2010, not Top 10 RB's overall.

Arian Foster has only started one season. Sure it was a great year but that's a small sample to base his ranking off of.

I think it is only based on 2010 since it's a "power ranking." Darren McFadden making the top 10 with just one decent season should tell you something.

If you give Frank Gore a decent system and a line that can actually block for him, he'd still be top 3. He was 2nd in the league in all-purpose yardage before his injury - on a team coached by Mike Singletary and other incompetent idiots. Unless he comes back and the injury proves to be affecting him, he's still a top back. The only way you can argue against that is if you only look at numbers, which is a shame for a 49er fan to do regarding this team's work horse.
Originally posted by wailers15:
Originally posted by ninersrule4:
AP should be #1

and Ray Rice????

Gore is better than him. Id put McCoy in front of Gore too

Um Ray Rice loses all of his goal line carries to Willis McGahee, or McClain.

He has Avg 550 + receiving yards the last 2 years
Rushing 1200 + the last 2 years.
In 09 he had 2041 combine yards with 8 tds.

Rice has more total yards the last 2 years compared to gore. Gore is hurt to much. It's a fair ranking. Plus Gore doesn't lose goal line carries to anyone.

Here's the matchup for both players for the last 2 years (total rush & rec yds & tds):

Rice: 3,817 total yards with 14 tds

Gore: 2,831 total yards with 18 tds


UMMMMM??????????????? Speaks for itself. Ray rice is legit. Especially since he splits the load with McGahee especially on the goal line

Ray Rice has a pretty good line blocking for him, Gore doesn't. Rice has had competent coordinators calling plays, Gore hasn't. Rice has a QB that can burn the defense if they only focus on the running game, Gore doesn't. Therefor, Ray Rice is not the sole focus of any defense, Gore is.

Take those numbers and throw them in the trash.
Originally posted by crabman82:
Originally posted by Draftology:
Originally posted by wailers15:
Originally posted by Draftology:
The only running back ahead of him that I don't agree with is Rashard Mendenhall. I do take offense with Gore being on the same level as Lesean McCoy

McCoy has shown he's a great receiver coming out of the backfield. hell the yr before last McCoy crushed it as a receiver. Gore gets hurt to much
The problem is that McCoy is a runningback

so were ricky watters and roger craig, being a threat in the passing game is part of being a rb
roger craig also rushed for 1000 yards when rushing for 1000 yards was like rushing for 1500 yards today. All you described is a great third down back. So is Kevin Faulk, but I don't see him on this list
I think Mccoy and Gore both got stiffed a bit.
Originally posted by 49ersMan420:
Gore is the top all around back in the league imo.

Originally posted by Genius1310:
[url=ESPN]http://espn.go.com/blog/afcsouth/post/_/id/22193/power-rankings-top-10-nfl-running-backs[/url]

1. Chris Johnson, Tennessee Titans
2. Adrian Peterson, Minnesota Vikings
3. M. Jones-Drew, Jacksonville Jaguars
3. Arian Foster, Houston Texans
5. Jamaal Charles, Kansas City Chiefs
6. Michael Turner, Atlanta Falcons
7. Steven Jackson, St. Louis Rams
8. Ray Rice, Baltimore Ravens
9. R. Mendenhall, Pittsburgh Steelers

10. Frank Gore, San Francisco 49ers
10. LeSean McCoy, Philadelphia Eagles
10. Darren McFadden, Oakland Raiders

Id take Gore in a heart beat over these guys

actually maybe not cause hes kinda injury prone

But Gore is top 3 in talent at RB imo
Block, Run, Pass, hes elite at all 3
Him behind a crappy OL and no passing game is why hes not a top 3 RB in the league

[ Edited by TheGoldenState on Mar 16, 2011 at 15:09:38 ]
Originally posted by 80sbaby24:
Originally posted by 49ersMan420:
Gore is the top all around back in the league imo.


lol
Originally posted by wailers15:
Originally posted by BirdmanJr:
Looks fine

Gore is not a top 5 RB anymore..sad but true

you nailed it.

Even in his prime people didn't consider him a top five
Originally posted by 49erRider:
Originally posted by wailers15:
Originally posted by ninersrule4:
AP should be #1

and Ray Rice????

Gore is better than him. Id put McCoy in front of Gore too

Um Ray Rice loses all of his goal line carries to Willis McGahee, or McClain.

He has Avg 550 + receiving yards the last 2 years
Rushing 1200 + the last 2 years.
In 09 he had 2041 combine yards with 8 tds.

Rice has more total yards the last 2 years compared to gore. Gore is hurt to much. It's a fair ranking. Plus Gore doesn't lose goal line carries to anyone.

Here's the matchup for both players for the last 2 years (total rush & rec yds & tds):

Rice: 3,817 total yards with 14 tds

Gore: 2,831 total yards with 18 tds


UMMMMM??????????????? Speaks for itself. Ray rice is legit. Especially since he splits the load with McGahee especially on the goal line

Ray Rice has a pretty good line blocking for him, Gore doesn't. Rice has had competent coordinators calling plays, Gore hasn't. Rice has a QB that can burn the defense if they only focus on the running game, Gore doesn't. Therefor, Ray Rice is not the sole focus of any defense, Gore is.

Take those numbers and throw them in the trash.

Man, these stats are so... statistical! Boo numbers! BOO!