LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 258 users in the forums

Harbaugh graded David Carr as a 6th Round Draft Pick in 2002

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Shaj:
when did he publicize his grades, after these players failed or succeeded? I can do that too.

As for him being so high on Smith, he has no choice.[/quote]

this

2 possibilities
1-the 9ers are able to sign a FA or make a trade for a good vet QB
2-we aren't able to get any good QB outside of the draft and have to re-sign Alex

i will cry the day #2 becomes reality
6th round? Isn't that a little generous?
Originally posted by DertyDonahue:
6th round? Isn't that a little generous?

it was when he was coming out of college
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Sounds about right.

I agree with Harbaugh that rated David Carr as a 6th Round or 7th Round Draft Pick in 2002. Carr seem worst the QB and very ugly to play the games! I don't want to see him play for us the games! We should cut him our roster pls...
Originally posted by BuZzB28:
Sounds about right.

I agree with Harbaugh that rated David Carr as a 6th Round or 7th Round Draft Pick in 2002. Carr seem worst the QB and very ugly to play the games! I don't want to see him play for us the games! We should cut him our roster pls...

See? I barely understand Buzz but even he understands that Carr had no place on our roster!
when did he publicize his grades, after these players failed or succeeded? I can do that too.

As for him being so high on Smith, he has no choice.

Everyone has a choice
Originally posted by SWAGG-ER:
Originally posted by PTulini:
Originally posted by GEEK:
I wonder what he graded Alex coming out of college.

I'm wondering the same thing.

If our beat writers weren't so weaksauce, that question would've been answered the day he was hired.

Guessing from how glowing he's been about Alex, one has to assume a first round grade

He was the HC at the University of San Diego in 2005. Why would he be grading draft prospects?
Originally posted by TenderLoinTimmy:
Originally posted by BuZzB28:
Sounds about right.

See? I barely understand Buzz but even he understands that Carr had no place on our roster!

• Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Easy to say this stuff after hes already been in the league 9years.

Where were these opinions of Carr back in 2002 or even 2003??

As for him being so high on Smith, he has no choice.

Originally posted by qnnhan7:
Would be interested to know how he rated Aaron Rodgers also. Rodgers was more 'pro' ready but Smith was more athletic and mobile. They seems to rate equally even with slightly different set of plus and minus. My guess would be they would be first rounder with Harbaugh but in any other year they would be late first to second rounder.

I rated Rogers as the #1 pick that year. This is fun!!
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Kolohe:

He graded David Carr when he was in Oakland. Why would he grade David Carr when Harbaugh is in college football and Carr is in NFL?!?

The reason you didn't hear about it in 2002, because he wasn't at a very high position with the Raiders, and not everyone release their grades.
Originally posted by 49ersMyLife:

He graded David Carr when he was in Oakland. Why would he grade David Carr when Harbaugh is in college football and Carr is in NFL?!?

The reason you didn't hear about it in 2002, because he wasn't at a very high position with the Raiders, and not everyone release their grades.

True but the article says "according to a source". Who is this source and are they reliable?

I don't doubt Harbaugh may have said that but I also don't automatically assume unnamed sources are accurate.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
Originally posted by 49ersMyLife:

True but the article says "according to a source". Who is this source and are they reliable?

I don't doubt Harbaugh may have said that but I also don't automatically assume unnamed sources are accurate.

But, why would someone lie about this? The only reason this was even mentioned was because Harbaugh is our coach and David Carr is on the roster. The source was simply implying what Harbaugh thought of David Carr. I don't think it had anythin' to do with how good Harubaugh is at evaluating QBs.

Personally, I think Harbaugh got it completely wrong. David Carr was considered a very promising young QB after his first 3 years. Playin' QB is more mental than physical and if he didn't get sacked 5-6 times a game in Houston, he would have turned out to be a fine QB.
I went to all the Fresno State games and anybody who watched him play from college to now realizes that Houston killed his career literally. He used to launch the ball downfield to Berrian all the time when he played here in Fresno. It's obvious he scared to chuck the ball because of how many times he's been hit. While I don't think he was superstar material he's just one of those guys that never got a fair chance with his team
Share 49ersWebzone