LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 210 users in the forums

Fangio not impressed by Lawson (per Glenn Dickey article)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I stopped reading at "Alex Smith has already got 2 coaches fired" Sorry but Nolan and Singletary got themselves fired for being horrible head coaches. Credibility was shot at that point. You would think a professional sports writer would at least understand sports.
He lost me when he said the 49ers might draft a receiver at #7. Not gonna happen.

Also, Alex will get a ton of calls to be a back-up. You know the Colts will call. It's possible Norv will give him a call. The Patriots, the Jets, the Giants... the list goes on.
Originally posted by niner4life21:
Originally posted by 9NERNATE:
Originally posted by susweel:
Alex lovers probably hate this dude because he destroys Alex with a passion, and I love it.

Yo tambien (I mean me too!)

Simon ese!
I hate Cohn! He has to be one of the worst beat writers ever! I hate that Razzano guy too. I can't believe I bothered to read this article.
I hope this means that we're drafting Von Miller.
  • RedAu
  • Veteran
Some of this is pretty bad/lazy "reporting", with some blatant errors. On 5th paragraph, Newton did NOT workout for scouts, he worked out for the media. No NFL personnel was allowed. Also, the "veteran observer" he mentions is Mike Mayock who didn't even attend the workout.

I'd take the rest of the article for what it is, an opinion with some lazy writing.
its funny how everyone knocks manny for things he isnt even given the opportunity to do. how often does the defensive play call for manny to blitz. not to mention he wasnt even an every down player. he gets sacks when he gets the chance to. he doesnt get what everyone wants him to because he doesnt get the chance. throw in that he is a great coverage lb and sets the edge very well he is a guy we absolutely want on our team.
Quote:
“I think they will take the best available guy on defense,” Razzano said. “And then they'll go quarterback in the second or third round. They're in a bit of a pickle right now. It wouldn't shock me if they take a receiver.”

He isnt saying anything most 9ers have in their mock drafts or whats being said in here. If and a very big if WR Aj Green falls to 7, the 9ers should take him.
Originally posted by SWAGG-ER:
The article lost all credibility when he said "Harbaugh has been looking at cut-ups of Smith’s best plays — he won’t see him fumbling in the fourth quarter".

Harbaugh has already stated more than once he's watched every snap from the 2010 season.

ANY coach would do that. Who makes evaluations on only the good plays? Nobody with a job thats for sure.

Odds are Harbaugh's looked at every throw Alex has made since Utah. That's just the type of coach Harbaugh is.

Agree and Cohn has little credibility as he is more a flame thrower than an analyst. Says things to generate interest...good for business.
Draft Cam Newton please he won all his games in the SEC toughest division in college football he threw for 30 tds and ran for 20 tds he is just what 49ers need a true leader he won the heisman in a landslide the scout is right cam newton is only qb worth drafting in 1st round Gabbert threw 16td/ 9ints he is not good qb. I am tired of losing every year with all our weapons on offense this is a no brainer. DRAFT CAM NEWTON

Originally posted by 49ersswagger:
Draft Cam Newton please he won all his games in the SEC toughest division in college football he threw for 30 tds and ran for 20 tds he is just what 49ers need a true leader he won the heisman in a landslide the scout is right cam newton is only qb worth drafting in 1st round Gabbert threw 16td/ 9ints he is not good qb. I am tired of losing every year with all our weapons on offense this is a no brainer. DRAFT CAM NEWTON

u di no cam wont be effective for maybe like 2 years and will sit maybe for one of them

He reminds me a bit of Big Ben, difficult to bring down--able to get passes off under pressure. Not sold at #7, but trading back would be an option.
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:

u di no cam wont be effective for maybe like 2 years and will sit maybe for one of them

Thats what they said about Tebow he looked damn good last year. Cam Newton is an upgrade over Alex who may be resigned as a stop gag qb but he is not the long term answer at qb
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:

Thats what they said about Tebow he looked damn good last year. Cam Newton is an upgrade over Alex who may be resigned as a stop gag qb but he is not the long term answer at qb

he played like 3 plays here and there and played most plays in red zone only in goal packages designed specifically for him

and aex can be good he has had 33 td and 22 int last 2 years and sing was coordinator who has no clue how to gameplan magine how much better he will do with our new coaching staff
[ Edited by 49ersalldaway126 on Feb 24, 2011 at 6:15 AM ]
Originally posted by dtg_9er:

He reminds me a bit of Big Ben, difficult to bring down--able to get passes off under pressure. Not sold at #7, but trading back would be an option.

Cam Newton mobility is big avoiding the rush and hitting reciever down the field is something he excels at I think we should take him at #7. I cant see him making it out the top 10 and our bigges need is qb sometimes you have to draft on need if he is not there I want cb Jefferson Lsu or olb Von Miller Texas A&M.
Share 49ersWebzone