LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 355 users in the forums

Kyle Williams-WCO slot WR?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I'm actually kindda glad that Singletary didn't give him a shot last season. Gave him a season to sit back and learn.
  • cools
  • Veteran
speaking of WR's
I wonder if Harbaugh flip flops Crabtree and Morgan?
Crabs seems more like a flanker too me, and may be better suited as the "Go to" reciever on the right side, Thats where he Played at Tex Tech ,

Morgan's Size and Blocking ability seem more suited as a Splt end
and thats where he started his Niner Career and also played SE at V-Tech

I'd also like the Niners to bring in a big split end type to develop

SE- Morgan, Rookie/FA
Slot- Williams
FL- Crabtree, Ginn
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
I'm actually kindda glad that Singletary didn't give him a shot last season. Gave him a season to sit back and learn.

he got injured
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:

he got injured

yea, but he wasn't seeing any reps at WR anyway.

he got injured

he wasnt hurt the entire year
Originally posted by 49ersNoKaOi:
Originally posted by SWAGG-ER:
Originally posted by niner4life21:
Kealoha Pilares!

Lol we get it dude, you like the guy.

I must convince the world!

But if you weren't from Hawaii would you still have the same feelings about the guy? I agree he's good, but do you really think he's draftable? I mean Kyle Williams ran a 4.34 40 time. Thats....tough to beat.
If I weren't from Hawaii I would not know who he is. Not a huge CF fan exept University of Hawai'i football. I was saying the same things about Devon Bess when he left and now he is arguably the best slot WR in the NFL. Just have a good feeling about this guy, and speed is over rated at the WR position.

I am from from Hawaii Five-0, Salas has a better chance of making it. Honestly speaking, while rooting Pilares, he has to first overcome injury issues. Bess is a good wr, but to say that he is the best is overstating. Hawaii throws the ball so much that he gets lots of chances. The problem for run and shoot and spread wr is can they take advantage of the fewer chanes given in the NFL, can they make it happpen on their own? With the run and shoot they spread you out and if you don't have the athletes to cover them someone will get open because of the scheme, in the pro set you have to rely more on ability.

If you use stanford's O as a comparisson, JH is looking for Hines Ward type WR to start at least on one end.
Originally posted by WildBill:
Originally posted by SWAGG-ER:
Originally posted by niner4life21:
Kealoha Pilares!

Lol we get it dude, you like the guy.

I must convince the world!

But if you weren't from Hawaii would you still have the same feelings about the guy? I agree he's good, but do you really think he's draftable? I mean Kyle Williams ran a 4.34 40 time. Thats....tough to beat.
If I weren't from Hawaii I would not know who he is. Not a huge CF fan exept University of Hawai'i football. I was saying the same things about Devon Bess when he left and now he is arguably the best slot WR in the NFL. Just have a good feeling about this guy, and speed is over rated at the WR position.

I am from from Hawaii Five-0, Salas has a better chance of making it. Honestly speaking, while rooting Pilares, he has to first overcome injury issues. Bess is a good wr, but to say that he is the best is overstating. Hawaii throws the ball so much that he gets lots of chances. The problem for run and shoot and spread wr is can they take advantage of the fewer chanes given in the NFL, can they make it happpen on their own? With the run and shoot they spread you out and if you don't have the athletes to cover them someone will get open because of the scheme, in the pro set you have to rely more on ability.

If you use stanford's O as a comparisson, JH is looking for Hines Ward type WR to start at least on one end.

I like Miami's WR Leonard Hankerson in the draft.
Josh Morgan's punk ass will be riding the bench.

alligator arms
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:

alligator arms

Haters gonna hate.

alligator arms

Haters gonna hate.

It came down like a punt

Double Post
[ Edited by fanmusclecars on Mar 12, 2011 at 12:12 AM ]

he got injured

Of course he was seeing reps at WR. Mostly third string reps catching passes from the great Nate Davis.
Originally posted by fanmusclecars:

he got injured

Of course he was seeing reps at WR. Mostly third string reps catching passes from the great Nate Davis.

It's been said, catching a pass from Nate Davis is like catching a laser-guided Hellfire anti-armor missile fired from a Blackhawk Helicopter.
Originally posted by Slash49:

alligator arms

Haters gonna hate.

It came down like a punt

So he can't return kicks either?
I wish him the best, but I haven't seen anything to give me faith in him yet.

Ginn has showed glimpses, so I don't want Williams to gain playing time at the expense of Ginn unless he really earns it.
[ Edited by mug0mug on Feb 28, 2011 at 1:22 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone