LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 225 users in the forums

Which coach was worse?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Which coach was worse?

[ Edited by Frisco69ers on Feb 16, 2011 at 06:45:11 ]
i voted for NoWIN, Sing a close 2nd
I think Sing was worse because he was unwilling to change, at least Nolan kept firing different OFF Cordinators
Erickson....
Originally posted by Frisco69ers:
I think Sing was worse because he was unwilling to change, at least Nolan kept firing different OFF Cordinators

Thats the exact reason i voted for Sing.. at least he gave Alex a change by keeping the same OC for more than a year.. to bad it was Jimmy Raye...

A rookie QB outta Utah runnin a non pro-style offense was doomed from the start.. I blame NoWIN... Don't get me wrong Sing sucks ass too but i think Sing is the smarter retard...

[ Edited by Stevec9932 on Feb 16, 2011 at 07:09:33 ]
They are equally bad in different ways. Nolan knows enough about football and his own limitation to get good help on the coaching and personnel side. Though he may not succeed in doing so, but he did tried. He has no skill at handling players as person/player.

Singletary knows how to handle players and team locker room for the most part. But he offer little else to improve the players ability. Too inexperience to all facet of football to make good decisions on players and coaches to help him. His archaic football philosophy didn't help him attract good OC. Coupled with 'if I go down, I will go down my way' attitude, he and the team was doomed.

[ Edited by qnnhan7 on Feb 16, 2011 at 07:15:41 ]
Nolan had more experience in team management, so I voted for the guy who was most clueless--Singletary. Other than loud motivation he had little in his coaching arsenal.
You forgot "mouth-breather" boy...

You can catch a lot of flies that way
Singletary was worse. Nolan looked good in a tux and I got to say that cross Singletary wore just made him look ridiculous.
Originally posted by dobo:
Harbaugh

Nolan.....
Singletary.... He had a better team and didnt do anything. He fired Martz for Raye and alienated good players and pick favorites. He didnt know how to deal with players problems on and off the field. Imo Sing was worse then Erickson.
Singletary... I don't need to say why.
With Nolan i feel bad for the guy because he is actually a really good D Coordinator. He didn't know offense so he tried to bring in Norv Turner and Mike McCarthy. We just couldn't get those guys to stay. He also had Alex from year one. Sing got Alex when he should have been a smarter/ more experienced player.
Originally posted by wolfpack52:
Singletary.... He had a better team and didnt do anything. He fired Martz for Raye and alienated good players and pick favorites. He didnt know how to deal with players problems on and off the field. Imo Sing was worse then Erickson.

exactly, at the very least Nolan drafted well and built the team up

(Gore, VD, Willis, Morgan, Walker, Spencer, Lawson, Staley, Baas, RayMac,)
This is a tough question.

I pick Singletary because at least Nolan was able to attract top-tier FAs and draft decently. It's interesting that they both stumbled due to the same shortcomings (QB and OC) and that neither had a backup plan. However, Nolan probably has a better shot at being a HC than Singletary and that's probably got to count for something.

-9fA
Share 49ersWebzone