LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 251 users in the forums

Out of these QB's, who would you start and why?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Out of these QB's, who would you start and why?

None of them especially Alex the Virus Smith.

I'd rather draft a rookie and throw him in the fire than see any of those busts/back ups starting for our franchise again
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
Me
Originally posted by truekingcarlos:
Originally posted by niner4life21:
Originally posted by BobS:
Either Grbac or Bono. I thought we should have kept Grbac. Alex Smith leading this poll? Grbac was 40-30 as a starter and Bono 28-14, both made a pro bowl. How can you people pick Alex? You must be downing a case of whiskey before the games and watching them on a 6 inch 1950 black and white TV, that is the only way you couldn't see how inaccurate he is.

I'm telling you man, there is this very creepy man-love going on for Alex Smith around here. Very creepy.

I wouldn't be laughing if I were you. Weren't you the guy who would troll in the gameday threads and root for our team to lose?
Voted for Smith because I saw all of them play.
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:
1. Grbac
2. Bono
3. Hill
4. Smith
5. Michael Robinson

I agree with the top 3. I might put Smith at 4, maybe. Robinson is a joke.
Originally posted by dtg_9er:

Doubtful.
  • BobS
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49erRider:
Originally posted by dtg_9er:

Doubtful.

Replace your $5 garage sale TV and stop cracking beers at 5am Sunday morning and you will see different.
Who the heck voted for Alex Smith?!?? Really young 49er fans who have not watched many of the other QB choices??

I voted for Steve Bono....he was calm and cool. He was productive in 5-6 games after Montana & Young got hurt.

Grbac and Rattay were better than Alex too. They were not afraid to throw the ball downfield like Alex is.
Either Grbac or Bono. I thought we should have kept Grbac. Alex Smith leading this poll? Grbac was 40-30 as a starter and Bono 28-14, both made a pro bowl. How can you people pick Alex? You must be downing a case of whiskey before the games and watching them on a 6 inch 1950 black and white TV, that is the only way you couldn't see how inaccurate he is.

I'm telling you man, there is this very creepy man-love going on for Alex Smith around here. Very creepy.

I agree.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Shaun Hill because he wins games.

No man-love. They are "realists" that "look beyond the stats"....
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by Norcal9erfan:

I agree.

Its an obsession, I seriously believe some fans on here would like to do sexual favors for him.

[ Edited by susweel on Feb 8, 2011 at 10:22:09 ]
I voted for Bono. At one point he was good enough to be in competition with Steve Young, and I have to believe that in an offense like Harbaugh's with a few decent playmakers we could atleast win some games with him pretty well.

BONO IT IS MOFOS!
Originally posted by susweel:
Shaun Hill because he wins games.

I was going to write; He may throw an occasional duck or two, but he knows how to win games!
I chose Grbac over Bono, and waaaay over any other guy.

I can't see how objectively you can choose any other guy either. Grbac and Bono were 2 good starting QBs.
Share 49ersWebzone