There are 179 users in the forums

franchise tag

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by mcbaes72:
David Carr. Sure he has a contract with us already. But what if he thinks he's underpaid and holds out for more money and a long-term contract? We'd better FT him fast so at least he's locked in as our #3 QB behind a rookie QB and some guy off the street.

I'd rather franchise Franklin to play QB, than see Carr hold a football again.
Good one, Oak...
Since we have no other Qb other than carr on the team, I think he might be the starter in the season opener, thats if we don't resign A. Smith.
  • Chico
  • Veteran
Originally posted by kezar49er:
Alex Smith..........need a qb to fill in while we groom/draft the future( and yes I know but there isnt anything better out there that wont cost us an arm and a leg)meaning draft picks and cash. In fact I cant think of any qb I would like to trade for.

this
Originally posted by Chico:
Alex Smith..........need a qb to fill in while we groom/draft the future( and yes I know but there isnt anything better out there that wont cost us an arm and a leg)meaning draft picks and cash. In fact I cant think of any qb I would like to trade for.

this

We are not giving Alex Smith top 10 QB money at 15 million bucks... He's not even worth 2 million!
Originally posted by Rubberneck36:
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
No one
If I had to choose it'd be Franklin. IMO, the guy is a great player in our 3-4 D. Not his fault that our OLBs suck balls.

And why the f**k are people saying we should franchise Alex? That'd mean we'd be paying him 16 million next year.
  • Nuns
  • Veteran
Originally posted by fakers23:

this

We are not giving Alex Smith top 10 QB money at 15 million bucks... He's not even worth 2 million!

He's well worth 2 million. He's one of the better back up qbs in the league, that is the price tag.
Originally posted by Nuns:
Originally posted by fakers23:

this

He's well worth 2 million. He's one of the better back up qbs in the league, that is the price tag.

Yep Indeed
Share 49ersWebzone