LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 280 users in the forums

franchise tag

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
No one

agree. no one on our team is worth a franchise not even franklin.
Originally posted by sfout:
To be honest, David Bass or Goldson, Baas is a huge part of our OL and it would go a long way to make sure we keep him around. I have advocated that we let Goldson walk but maybe it would serve our best interests if we just hold on to him. Unless we could land Dawan Landry at SS and move Clements to FS and have Reggie back him up.

Landry would be nice
Matt Barrows - Tagging Franklin

According to Barrows, the franchise tag can be used during a 2 week window because the CBA expires in March. If Franklin is franchised, his salary might jump over $12M because of Haynseworth and Seymour's contract.

I don't think he is worth THAT much, and I doubt other clubs think he is worth that much, either. I wouldn't tag him.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by cypherninja:
Matt Barrows - Tagging Franklin

According to Barrows, the franchise tag can be used during a 2 week window because the CBA expires in March. If Franklin is franchised, his salary might jump over $12M because of Haynseworth and Seymour's contract.

I don't think he is worth THAT much, and I doubt other clubs think he is worth that much, either. I wouldn't tag him.

Yah I would not pay him that much either. Either sign him to a long term deal or just find another dude.
We made franklin. Now he thinks he worth it all. Na see ya, when a offence has to change there whole gameplan because of someone then there worth our 12 mil. but he did not dominate like suh..... how about drafting nt from north carolina.
Brian Westbrook.lol
according to the nflpa there wont be a franchise tag in the new cba....so peyton manning and michael vick could be UFA
  • JDog
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Snider8706:
according to the nflpa there wont be a franchise tag in the new cba....so peyton manning and michael vick could be UFA

sign them .... Championship!

I wouldn't trust anyone as to what's in the new CBA until it's official. That maybe one of the items that the NFLPA will give in order to get something else.
Originally posted by kingairta:

I wouldn't trust anyone as to what's in the new CBA until it's official. That maybe one of the items that the NFLPA will give in order to get something else.

I hope not because with the tag gone players will get contracts faster and other teams will get the chance to make offers to high profile players while they're still in their prime.

Thier be franchise tag trust me... I don't see the NFL giving that up no matter what the Union leader says. lol
Goldson is the most over-rated player on the roster

I think it's the other way around. The franchise tag is something the NFL is going to have to concede in order to get the other things they are asking for. The NFLPA can say they got a win in getting rid of it and the NFL can get what they are more interested in, like lowering how much revenue that the players get a percentage of.
Originally posted by mrburkeyou:
Who do we franchise this year. if any

None of our players that are about to be free agents deserve the money that comes with the tag, even if it's only for one year.
Originally posted by Gavintech:

I think it's the other way around. The franchise tag is something the NFL is going to have to concede in order to get the other things they are asking for. The NFLPA can say they got a win in getting rid of it and the NFL can get what they are more interested in, like lowering how much revenue that the players get a percentage of.

My interpretation of the Barrows article is that the franchise tag can be used before the current CBA expires in March. I'm guessing it is some kind of exemption.

If the new CBA gets rid of the franchise tag, it might not be retroactive.

Of course, it is all conjecture until everything gets done.
Share 49ersWebzone