LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 244 users in the forums

Harbaugh - "I believe that Alex Smith can be a winning QB"

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49ERGLENN:
How many pages does everyone think this thread will generate? 20+ is my guess? The sky is falling crowd is quacking in their boots!

Originally posted by Schulzy:
Fakers is a poor attempt of a troll. I think him and San Diego may be brothers.

Yes I believe they are lvtent and Jordan Tabor reincarnated! For those of you that don't know both of those posters where trolls who where banned long ago! But Faker is kind of funny with his rediculous rants!
ace130 in 3...2...1...
  • Amir
  • RIP Amir, Hall of Fame
Jim is a classy guy. What else do you expect him to say? I wouldn't take it too seriously.
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
ace130 in 3...2...1...

ZRF just needs a few seconds to log out of shis account, then we will get some ace...

Or perhaps ZRF is not online right now?

Edit: Susweel, ZRF, Fly, yeah whoever he feels like being today

[ Edited by dtcomposer on Jan 29, 2011 at 12:36:49 ]
I do trust Harbaugh. But I don't understand how people think he will 'develop' Alex. He's been in this league for 6 years, going on his 7th. How do you develop a 7 year veteran? He's already developed his own weaknesses and negative tendencies. It's waaaay too tough to erase those weaknesses, AND THEN teach him the correct things. And that too to a QB who will be learning a new offense, something he has trouble with when has to execute it.
So much for a turn for the better! I will never ever support Alex The Bust Smith... Booooooooooooooooo! Also,He going to get his behind boo right when he steps on the field.. He's not wanted in SF!
  • boast
  • Hella Fame
Originally posted by dtcomposer:
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
ace130 in 3...2...1...

Susweel just needs a few seconds to log out of susweel's account, then we will get some ace...

then he will puts some fly time in
Originally posted by fakers23:
So much for a turn for the better! I will never ever support Alex The Bust Smith... Booooooooooooooooo! Also,He going to get his behind boo right when he steps on the field.. He's not wanted in SF!

Dude shut the f**k up man. Haven't you noticed that nobody takes you seriously or agrees with anything you say?

• boast
  • Hella Fame
just when the offseason looked to be less eventful due to a lock-out.

w00t!
Originally posted by PatrickWillisHOF:
Very Accurate? WTF Are you talkin about Harbaugh!?!?!?! The dude consistantly throws too high. The Moran Norris play in Seattle in week 1 is the definition of an Alex Smith throw.

Watch this play again and you see Norris turn around and backpedal as soon as the ball comes out of Alex's hand. Had he continued running straight it would have been a perfect over the shoulder throw and that is exactly what Alex saw and intended. So please don't fault someone that isn't at fault.
Originally posted by ninertico:
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
What do you expect Jim to say? -Jim's a classy guy, and if there isn't anything (underlying) in those statements, Jim's just helping Alex towards his next job prospect.

That's full of BS Snake. Harbaugh is not that kind of guy. He's been honest about what he sees and sure he will give a good nod his way, but the fact is: He means what he says, period. He's always been that way it seems.

So when he says something like this:
What are some of the qualities Harbaugh saw in Smith?

“Very accurate passer,” he said. “Very athletic. And a guy that has played and been durable.”

You go Seriously. I trust Harbaugh's professional opinion on QBs any day.

Still...

It's a mutual respect 'deal', anybody who's reading the tea leaves (via every credible beat-writer in the Bay) knows that Alex does not want to come back (and it's within Al's own decision). Harbaugh is just hyping Alex up for KC/SD's backup slot.

-Even if there's some chance in hell we re-sign Alex after the CBA resolution (in fear of needing a familiar QB to carry into late-summer TC), Alex will be camp fodder (with a binding-1-year contract).

[ Edited by SnakePlissken on Jan 29, 2011 at 12:44:49 ]
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Originally posted by boast:
just when the offseason looked to be less eventful due to a lock-out.

w00t!

Next up:

"Alex Smith named 49ers starter for 2011 season"

Oh man, there may be riots in SF.
Originally posted by kenger04:
Originally posted by PatrickWillisHOF:
Very Accurate? WTF Are you talkin about Harbaugh!?!?!?! The dude consistantly throws too high. The Moran Norris play in Seattle in week 1 is the definition of an Alex Smith throw.

Watch this play again and you see Norris turn around and backpedal as soon as the ball comes out of Alex's hand. Had he continued running straight it would have been a perfect over the shoulder throw and that is exactly what Alex saw and intended. So please don't fault someone that isn't at fault.

Look all you can say about that play is that it was a miscommunication. Was Norris supposed to continue running and catch the ball like a WR over the shoulder? Maybe, but that play was poorly designed to begin with. Maybe it is plays like those that has made Alex tentative to trust his recievers or throw them open.. who knows.
Share 49ersWebzone