There are 272 users in the forums

Alex Smith, Josh Morgan, Nate Clements make All-Intangible team

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Most yards after catch per pass (per completion)

1. Jason Campbell (194 completions, 6.99 YAC)
2. Jon Kitna (209 completions, 6.94 YAC)
3. Alex Smith (204 completions, 6.3 YAC)

Most yards after catch per reception, non-running backs

1. Desean Jackson (7.3 YAC)
2. Josh Morgan (7.2 YAC)
3. Miles Austin (6.3 YAC)

Run defeats by CB

1. Charles Woodson (9)
2. Ronde Barber (8)
3. Nate Clements (8)

By Yahoo Sports!

[ Edited by global_nomad on Jan 29, 2011 at 11:28:54 ]
guess hes not captain checkdown i dunoo what this even means lol
lol
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:

I was thinking the same thing, I guess he checks down for a reason.
Originally posted by global_nomad:
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:

I was thinking the same thing, I guess he checks down for a reason.

i dont get what u mean by ths it means he goes after the WR who has the most room ahead of him which sounds good to me
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by global_nomad:
Most yards after catch per pass (per completion)

1. Jason Campbell (194 completions, 6.99 YAC)
2. Jon Kitna (209 completions, 6.94 YAC)
3. Alex Smith (204 completions, 6.3 YAC)

Most yards after catch per reception, non-running backs

1. Desean Jackson (7.3 YAC)
2. Josh Morgan (7.2 YAC)
3. Miles Austin (6.3 YAC)

Run defeats by CB

1. Charles Woodson (9)
2. Ronde Barber (8)
3. Nate Clements (8)

By Yahoo Sports!

Their YAC stats don't match the stats they have in their stats section. I don't know what the difference is... must be from a different source that calculated it differently. It's listed as "non-running backs", so Vernon Davis should be on top of that list... unless they really calculated things differently. Their regular stats page lists Jackson with 7.7 YAC and Vernon Davis with 8.2 YAC. Weird.

Josh Morgan I already knew about. Crabtree has good YAC stats, too.

We're running the WCO next season. We all know about YAC.

Also, Frank Gore had the most receiving yards per game for a running back.

All of the quarterbacks on that list had some of the best receiving running backs and tight ends in the NFL. Not a real shocker that they lead in YAC.
That is fantasic if we start playing for the Intangible Superbowl.
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:

Or use the WCO.

Just sayin'.

I agree with Wodwo that the stats do not square with other sources. I looked at ESPN's stat section. They list all receivers (icluding running backs) and have a YAC section. Here is what they show for our main receivers (YAC, REC, YAC/REC)
Davis 327 78 4.2
Crabs 196 48 4.1
Morgan 240 52 4.6
Gore 414 52 8.0

How we compare to other teams would take a lot of time to figure out. But notice Gore's high YAC. Steven Jackson's are somewhat similar: 379 51 7.4
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by excelsior:
I agree with Wodwo that the stats do not square with other sources. I looked at ESPN's stat section. They list all receivers (icluding running backs) and have a YAC section. Here is what they show for our main receivers (YAC, REC, YAC/REC)
Davis 327 78 4.2
Crabs 196 48 4.1
Morgan 240 52 4.6
Gore 414 52 8.0

How we compare to other teams would take a lot of time to figure out. But notice Gore's high YAC. Steven Jackson's are somewhat similar: 379 51 7.4

Well, those are Vernon Davis' stats from last season....

I didn't bother to check the rest.

Originally posted by Wodwo:

Or use the WCO.

Just sayin'.

I just dont believe those numbers. There has to be something baked into them, that isn't obvious. The only thing I can think of is the number of screens we run. Often we would get about 5 yards, but never any big plays. I have no agenda. I love the Niners, but this is one stat that just does'nt match my observations.
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran
The problem with statistics like these is that they are not official NFL records.

They are independently collected by various sources, who almost always differ on the final numbers.

The hardest to quantify are statistics that can be subjective. Quarterback pressures is a great example of this.

In any case, it appears that our offense has players that can run after the catch. The statistics jive with my subjective analysis from watching them during games.

Some will disagree... I know some have.

Anyway, if it is true... the ability to run after the catch will be very helpful next season when we run the WCO.
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran

Or use the WCO.

Just sayin'.

I just dont believe those numbers. There has to be something baked into them, that isn't obvious. The only thing I can think of is the number of screens we run. Often we would get about 5 yards, but never any big plays. I have no agenda. I love the Niners, but this is one stat that just does'nt match my observations.

Well, I know it is hard to take anything positive from last season. It was ugly and heartbreaking. We did have a lot of yards after the catch, though. It might help if you watch some highlights.

This may be the best highlight video I've ever seen and I'm sure you've watched it already, but I recommend watching it again and paying close attention to the number of yards receivers are getting after the catch.

Thanks again for making this, Marvin.

Vernon Davis had some mid range passes that he ran a long way with.

Also, remember that 7 yards after a catch doesn't look like much during a game. Especially to those of us who grew up watching Bill Walsh running the offense.

Or use the WCO.

Just sayin'.

Well, I know it is hard to take anything positive from last season. It was ugly and heartbreaking. We did have a lot of yards after the catch, though. It might help if you watch some highlights.

This may be the best highlight video I've ever seen and I'm sure you've watched it already, but I recommend watching it again and paying close attention to the number of yards receivers are getting after the catch.

Thanks again for making this, Marvin.

Vernon Davis had some mid range passes that he ran a long way with.

Also, remember that 7 yards after a catch doesn't look like much during a game. Especially to those of us who grew up watching Bill Walsh running the offense.

Wodo - Somehow I missed that video.

Marvin- Thank you! That was the best highlight video I've ever watched of a crappy season. It reminded me of how special our players could be when not wieghed down by moronic playcalling. The music was great and I loved the sequince of plays.

Couple of thoughts from the video:

We are lucky to have Gore and Davis. Gore plays with heart and soul and Davis is exploding with talent. I can't wait to see what a good QB and OC can do with him.

Crabtree may not be 40 yard dash fast, but the kid is crafty.

Anyway, thanks again Marvin. That was great.
Share 49ersWebzone