There are 153 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

49ers hire Brad Seely as ST Coordinator!

Originally posted by FILTHpigskin:
Originally posted by PTulini:
Originally posted by CorvaNinerFan:
Fans worried about Alex coming back should relax...just look at the coaching staff Harbaugh has assembled. Tell you what...that's some staff...loaded with experience and some among the best in the NFL. I'm confident Harbaugh will be as thorough and insightful evaluating players and his options to upgrade positions. This off-season is going to be pretty remarkable in a lot of ways...so, strap in folks, it promises to be quite a ride.

IN HARBAUGH I TRUST!

don't mind if alex is resigned. as long as he's not the ONLY option.

(but honestly it's best if he moves on)
They're doing it to me again... every freakin year the 49ers raise my hopes just enough to get back on board. I was soooo freakin disgruntled after this year... I'd just had enough! They had to come up BIG... and they have with this offseason. DAMN YOU JIM HARBAUGH!!!!! LOL
Originally posted by 49erfeeeever808:
Fans worried about Alex coming back should relax...just look at the coaching staff Harbaugh has assembled. Tell you what...that's some staff...loaded with experience and some among the best in the NFL. I'm confident Harbaugh will be as thorough and insightful evaluating players and his options to upgrade positions. This off-season is going to be pretty remarkable in a lot of ways...so, strap in folks, it promises to be quite a ride.

IN HARBAUGH I TRUST!

I agree. I still don't think Harbaugh wants Alex Smith, and I don't think Smith wants to come back. I personally think it's best for both parties to start over.

BUT, if it somehow works out that way, I'll have enough faith in Harbaugh and his staff to at least give it a chance.
Originally posted by 49erfeeeever808:

IN HARBAUGH I TRUST!

I agree. I still don't think Harbaugh wants Alex Smith, and I don't think Smith wants to come back. I personally think it's best for both parties to start over.

BUT, if it somehow works out that way, I'll have enough faith in Harbaugh and his staff to at least give it a chance.

Jethro wasn't kidding when he said there would be changes.

The terrible hirings of Dennis and the two Mikes were deplorable. Why did it take so long to hire someone who has full command of his senses?

[img=]
Eric_Branch

Brad Seely will hold the title of assistant head coach/special teams coordinator with the #49ers.
Originally posted by valrod33:
Eric_Branch

Brad Seely will hold the title of assistant head coach/special teams coordinator with the #49ers.

I'm tempted to say that this may be the best staff we've had since Seifert was the coach...

oh, wait.

I just said it.
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran
Eric_Branch

I'm tempted to say that this may be the best staff we've had since Seifert was the coach...

oh, wait.

I just said it.

Man... it sure looks good on paper, don't it?

Best part is... lots of connections to our past glory.
Jim Harbaugh sure has put together an interesting staff.
Originally posted by Wodwo:
Eric_Branch

oh, wait.

I just said it.

Man... it sure looks good on paper, don't it?

Best part is... lots of connections to our past glory.

I would love to let the excitement consume me but i have learned over these last few years to not get excited until you see results on the field. I feel like a debbie downer.
Seely was the capper on what should be an outstanding coaching staff...Harbaugh himself will put a huge stamp on his offense, which we all know has been missing for almost 10 years now. I believe he'll let Fangio run the defense...and with Tomsula (DL), Leavitt (LB) and Donatell (secondary) he has three excellent coaches. I'm excited to see how VF incorporates more movement/stunts, etc. I'm thinking Willis and Spikes (hopefully) should have more opportunities to make plays. Also anxious to see what Donatell can do with the secondary...he's one of the top coaches in the league. Definitely want to see Amukamara come off the board at #7...there are no QB's worthy of that high of a pick, IMHO.
Not be a Debbie downer but everyone keeps saying outstanding staff without actually seeing any results. The ST coach has some success in his back ground but the OC is college guy who never called plays (even though I know Harb will call the plays) but even Harb's experience is limited in the NFL. The DC's experience in the NFL has been very average, always a middle of the pack type numbers.

Hopefully these guys will be good but to say the staff is solid is a bit of a reach at this point.
I don't think so...based on the overall experience of Harbaugh's staff, there's no reason they shouldn't function very well. JH wouldn't have brought Fangio and Roman to be his coord's if he didn't have full faith in them. I agree, the proof's in the pudding, but in terms of experience and winning know-how, I really like what Harbaugh's put together. WRT Fangio, his NFL DC experience has been up & down, but he also had much of that w/expansion teams, which we know take some years to develop. Somewhat lost in Stanford's season was how outstanding their defense was. That and his years of NFL experience had to be key factors in Harbaugh bringing him with him. WRT Roman, he's got experience coaching OL, TE's, QB's, etc. so would seem to be primed to take on the OC job. Again, Harbaugh didn't hesitate to bring him along from Stanford...so, for now, at least, that's good enough for me.
I don't think so...based on the overall experience of Harbaugh's staff, there's no reason they shouldn't function very well. JH wouldn't have brought Fangio and Roman to be his coord's if he didn't have full faith in them. I agree, the proof's in the pudding, but in terms of experience and winning know-how, I really like what Harbaugh's put together. WRT Fangio, his NFL DC experience has been up & down, but he also had much of that w/expansion teams, which we know take some years to develop. Somewhat lost in Stanford's season was how outstanding their defense was. That and his years of NFL experience had to be key factors in Harbaugh bringing him with him. WRT Roman, he's got experience coaching OL, TE's, QB's, etc. so would seem to be primed to take on the OC job. Again, Harbaugh didn't hesitate to bring him along from Stanford...so, for now, at least, that's good enough for me.

Nailed it.