There are 46 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Does Candlestick Park have an abnormal amoun of Old fans?

Originally posted by Jersey9er:
I dont think that we have an abnormal amount of old fans, i think we have an abnormal amount of new baby ass fans. That cries at every move made that they dont like. If they dont like a player they cry and talk about them like a dog.

Because I will say this, i'm not that Old, but I dont remember one time, even when we went 2-14, where fans actually booed one player, and called for another in a primetime televised game. That showing that day, let me know that we are definitely away from the fans of old.

In my opinion this new class of fan, disses, disrespects, and only care about their own opinion. And throw away any rational thought that objects to their way of thinking.

So overall, no, not by any means of abnormal old fans. If anything I think its the fans of old, that still hold the niner pride true, no matter how bad things get. We used to have the motto ride or die with a niner. And that was the motto. Now it's like ride or die with a particular player, and if that doesnt work, then boo, and all that other crazy s**t.

Your post is a JOKE!!
I've been attending the games since 1977 ( I'm old school) and I've seen fans boo the team during the pre-Walsh days, 1994 Eagles game and the 1999 Steelers game. So don't act like this is something new that a player gets booed! You're making a blanket statement as if you're a season ticket holder or something.

Truth is you're a bitter Alex fan whose feelings were hurt when frustrated Niner fans were calling for his head when the Idiot fumbled the ball for a TD.
Hopefully our offense will improve enough next season to give both the young and old fans something to come together and get loud about. I'm an old fart who doesn't mind getting to my feet , they can use the exercise. Being respectful needs to go both ways.
  • ZRF80
Originally posted by JustaFan45:
I dont think that we have an abnormal amount of old fans, i think we have an abnormal amount of new baby ass fans. That cries at every move made that they dont like. If they dont like a player they cry and talk about them like a dog.

Because I will say this, i'm not that Old, but I dont remember one time, even when we went 2-14, where fans actually booed one player, and called for another in a primetime televised game. That showing that day, let me know that we are definitely away from the fans of old.

In my opinion this new class of fan, disses, disrespects, and only care about their own opinion. And throw away any rational thought that objects to their way of thinking.

So overall, no, not by any means of abnormal old fans. If anything I think its the fans of old, that still hold the niner pride true, no matter how bad things get. We used to have the motto ride or die with a niner. And that was the motto. Now it's like ride or die with a particular player, and if that doesnt work, then boo, and all that other crazy s**t.

Your post is a JOKE!!
I've been attending the games since 1977 ( I'm old school) and I've seen fans boo the team during the pre-Walsh days, 1994 Eagles game and the 1999 Steelers game. So don't act like this is something new that a player gets booed! You're making a blanket statement as if you're a season ticket holder or something.

Truth is you're a bitter Alex fan whose feelings were hurt when frustrated Niner fans were calling for his head when the Idiot fumbled the ball for a TD.

Bingo ! Old school Niner fans remember the glory days, and them dear to their heart. Steve Young got booed a lot after he replaced Montana, and it took a Superbowl for fans to finally warm up to him. If anything, these young 'uns dont appreciate Niner legacy, and thats why they're so keen to accept mediocrity. Alex Smith wouldnt have lasted a month back on the 80s/90s Niner teams, and here were are.....6 years later with fans still jerking off to him even after his pathetic play.

I live on the East coast, so I cant really say.......but I PRAY that old school Niner fans are still alive, and the only reason we dont hear from them more often is because they're not internet savvy and would rather spend their time discussing the team at work or at home.

The newbie fans.........damn shame.
I'm not old, only 33, but I remember fans at the "Stick' were rowdy as hell back in the day! Nobody seems to remeber the way the whole stadium would yell "GET THAT F*GGOT OFF THE FIELD" everytime there was an opposing teams player injured on the field!
[ Edited by Ramp19smoker on Jan 24, 2011 at 1:15 AM ]
Originally posted by RonMexico:
"NIIIIIIIIIINNNEEEEERRRRSSS"
Originally posted by WildBill:
Originally posted by itlynstalyn:
I've been told to sit down a few times, and I haven't. Either buy better seats, stand up, or shut the f**k up.

The point of being at a football game is to stand and cheer. I bet those people sit down at concerts too. Retarded.

You can cheer all you want, as loud as you want. You can stand up on a break away run, that wouldn't bother me, but there is a difference between cheering hard and being obnoxious to other fans. Some people stand too much even when nothing is really going on if fans are meant to stand then we should do away with the seats. Niner fans are placid when you see them on TV, but again being an a$$hole to your fellow niners just because you like being told what to do is simply inconsiderate. However, if it is an enemy fan then by all means

All I am saying is you can be rowdy, but still be cool, considerate without being a dick. I won't judge any fan unless I saw exactly what they were actually doing cause it might be nothing, then again....

Finally a reasonable post. It's not that people don't like the noise it's people being inconsiderate. If there's nothing happening then people should be considerate enough to sit down for a while. If you are in the first row is there really a need to stand when nothing is going on so that everyone behind you has to stand?

I understand both sides of the argument and both sides have valid points. I'm not sure which side of the age bracket I fall in - probably the older side (I'll be 49 next month, coincidence? ). I can be as loud as anyone but I also sit unless something is worth standing for.

LB
Originally posted by NorthNiner:
Originally posted by carlgo:
Nobody complains about the noise or standing as long if it is half-way appropriate.

There is a difference between being a loud and supportive fan and being an obnoxious self-centered drunk standing and yelling obscenities for an entire game.

Some people have to learn how to drink and act like a man and not like a punk who is mentally lost after a couple of drinks

My last four games have been at Qwest in Seattle and crowd noise has never bothered me, in fact the place was built to amplify noise. It's the people who come to the games drunk and then continue to drink that ruin the atmosphere for the rest of us.
There's that mentality that "anything goes because it's football" and a much higher percentage of out of control knuckleheads.
Sunday and Monday night games are even worse because you have more time to drink.
Well thank your lucky stars our american football fans are nowhere near the retards of European soccer fans If you are a soccer fan ppphhhhhhfffffftttttt-don't give a $hit!

Ever been to philly?

LB
Originally posted by ZRF80:
Originally posted by JustaFan45:

Your post is a JOKE!!

Bingo ! Old school Niner fans remember the glory days, and them dear to their heart. Steve Young got booed a lot after he replaced Montana, and it took a Superbowl for fans to finally warm up to him. If anything, these young 'uns dont appreciate Niner legacy, and thats why they're so keen to accept mediocrity. Alex Smith wouldnt have lasted a month back on the 80s/90s Niner teams, and here were are.....6 years later with fans still jerking off to him even after his pathetic play.

I live on the East coast, so I cant really say.......but I PRAY that old school Niner fans are still alive, and the only reason we dont hear from them more often is because they're not internet savvy and would rather spend their time discussing the team at work or at home.

The newbie fans.........damn shame.

I feel for the younger fans, because they haven't been around long enough to see generations of players come & go. When you have seen that over the years, you really know not to put a lot of focus on marginal players that have never really done much, and hung around too long because of bad front office decision making. If a certain player has been with the team for at least half the years you have been a fan, you may see that player as a true 49er you have to be loyal to. But if you have been a fan for 40 years, and think a player for the last six years has held them back - you really don't see that player as being one of the true 49ers to cheer for. You see that person as an example of bad mistakes, made by a new ownership regime that has been struggling to find it's way for the last several years.
[ Edited by djfullshred on Jan 24, 2011 at 10:00 AM ]
Originally posted by Lott49ersFan:

This is what Raider Fans chant. We dont want to be like them in any way, so we should stop chanting "NIIIIIIIIIINNEEEEEERERRRSS" because we sound just like the Oakland fans who chant "RAAAAIIIIDDDEERRRRSSS"
Originally posted by PatrickWillisHOF:

This is what Raider Fans chant. We dont want to be like them in any way, so we should stop chanting "NIIIIIIIIIINNEEEEEERERRRSS" because we sound just like the Oakland fans who chant "RAAAAIIIIDDDEERRRRSSS"

I was born in 1988. I'm currently 22 years of age and have watched every single 49ers game since 1999. My all time favorite Niner I ever got to watch play is Jeff Garcia. Why share this?

I'm part of a new generation of 49ers fans. A lively, yet fickle bunch of fans but fans none the less. Without the Older fans I feel fans like myself would never truly appreciate the likes of Ronnie Lott, Tom Rathman, Joe Perry, Keena Turner, etc. who by default were able to watch these players and games of the 70s and 80s. Ive been a since '06 and have learned a lot from some of the vets here. So...

Niiiiiinnnnneerrrrrrrrrssssssss
  • titan
  • Veteran
What was your count on young vs old fans?
Originally posted by PatrickWillisHOF:

Apparently you haven't found the different letters in the teams' name... I on one hand am chanting NINERS whereas, Raiders fans would be chanting RAIDERS... Your logic if flawed, you fail.
Originally posted by leebert81:
Originally posted by NorthNiner:
Originally posted by carlgo:
Nobody complains about the noise or standing as long if it is half-way appropriate.

There is a difference between being a loud and supportive fan and being an obnoxious self-centered drunk standing and yelling obscenities for an entire game.

Some people have to learn how to drink and act like a man and not like a punk who is mentally lost after a couple of drinks

My last four games have been at Qwest in Seattle and crowd noise has never bothered me, in fact the place was built to amplify noise. It's the people who come to the games drunk and then continue to drink that ruin the atmosphere for the rest of us.
There's that mentality that "anything goes because it's football" and a much higher percentage of out of control knuckleheads.
Sunday and Monday night games are even worse because you have more time to drink.
Well thank your lucky stars our american football fans are nowhere near the retards of European soccer fans If you are a soccer fan ppphhhhhhfffffftttttt-don't give a $hit!

Ever been to philly?

LB

No, and not a soccer fan but have you seen what happens at World Cup for soccer while watching espn news? And they complain about us Americans?
Search Podcast Draft Forum Commentary News Shop Home