There are 118 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Does Candlestick Park have an abnormal amoun of Old fans?

Quiet and b***hing fans should stay at home. Stadiums are places that SHOULD be a bit raucous, this isn't a play or an effin movie. It's seats to the NFL war zone. If you go to the game, you should be excited and cheering when big plays are made and should revel in the excitement of your Niners brethren.

For you loud folks, when those old bags telling you to sit down or be quite sit on their hands during a big play, instead of cheering immediately stand up turn around and yell at them to stand up and be loud, all while staring them down like they are some unruly scum.
Originally posted by phatbutskinny:
Originally posted by JoseCortez:
Originally posted by rawdel:
I actually prefer older fans to the younger fans. Older fans respect the 49ers history. They understand the true meaning of being a San Francisco 49er. They remember Fred Dean, Riki Ellison, Dan Bunz, Wendel Tyler. They understand that this organization used to be the class of the NFL.

The new fans are clueless. Stop yelling "niiiiinners" while walking through the stadium. stop tugging at your jerseys. You younger fans disgust me.

a stadium full of senior citizens will never give our team the "12th man" environment that our defense could surely use on 3rd downs...
Teams like Seattle need the 12th man. Teams like the Niners of the 80's and 90's and the Patriots don't need the 12th man. A good team wins on the road.

ok but we aren't the niner of the 80s or 90s.

stop living in the past jesus f**king christ, the 12th man might help win a close game against a tough team

It isnt the past. A good team can win on the road whether it is the 80s or 2010. Look at the Jets. A hyped up stadium is overrated. Look at the Chiefs and Baltimore this year.
Originally posted by WINiner:
Quiet and b***hing fans should stay at home. Stadiums are places that SHOULD be a bit raucous, this isn't a play or an effin movie. It's seats to the NFL war zone. If you go to the game, you should be excited and cheering when big plays are made and should revel in the excitement of your Niners brethren.

For you loud folks, when those old bags telling you to sit down or be quite sit on their hands during a big play, instead of cheering immediately stand up turn around and yell at them to stand up and be loud, all while staring them down like they are some unruly scum.

• KID9R
  • Veteran
I was down from Saskatchewan for Bucs game and I couldn't believe how lame the fans were. Girls texting the entire game to my right, a family of four sitting on their hands to the left. And me in the middle banging the sh!t out of the section sign in front of me getting crazy looks. The big screen would say "make some noise" and everyone would cheer when we had the ball! In Regina we have a stadium of about 25,000 for the Riders and its twice at least louder than Candlestick. that day anyway.
Thank god for old(er) fans.

They're the ones who still have first hand experience of the 49ers dynasty years, where standards were high, and we didnt settle for mediocrity.

Nowadays, you younger fans will settle for the namby pamby performances of Alex Smith and think 7-9 is deserving to go to the playoffs.

An 8-8 record is considered great success nowadays!

Sit yer azzes down!
  • B650
  • Veteran

I agree. If you want to watch a game while sipping on some wine in a peaceful environment, then stay at home and watch the game. Stop whining about the loud ones. At least they're doing something. There's no point sitting there with your legs crossed acting all classy while the other teams' fans are yelling, being loud, talking smack, etc. What's the point of being classy at a football game? If you want classy, go watch some opera. At least our fans aren't vomiting on other fans (Philadelphia).
[ Edited by B650 on Jan 20, 2011 at 4:24 PM ]
Originally posted by phatbutskinny:
I actually prefer older fans to the younger fans. Older fans respect the 49ers history. They understand the true meaning of being a San Francisco 49er. They remember Fred Dean, Riki Ellison, Dan Bunz, Wendel Tyler. They understand that this organization used to be the class of the NFL.

The new fans are clueless. Stop yelling "niiiiinners" while walking through the stadium. stop tugging at your jerseys. You younger fans disgust me.

I agree with the exact opposite of this

Old fans are so lucky in that they've seen the 49er during the glory days, and now that the 49ers suck all they do is whine. Younger fans are still riled up no matter what our record is, and always have fun at football games which is what you're supposed to do at football games

This is just plain baloney. You sound as if the old fans never had experienced rock bottom. There was the time when the niners won the division 3 years only to lose to Dallas. Then they went blank for along time before Walsh arrived. You talk about frustration. We traded 2 first rounders for a washed up OJ! Before losing to Dallas those three years wan't a cake walk either.

Geeeze-you young whipper snappers are making like you the only ones that know pain. Like I said things go in cycle. As far as stadium fans. Sometimes the young ones are standing all the time nothing going on-I don't mind the noise, but those behind want to watch the game. there are times to stand and times to just sit and yell your head off. Especially when the one in front has an elephant butt

Completely agree with this ^^^^
I've been told to sit down a few times, and I haven't. Either buy better seats, stand up, or shut the f**k up.

The point of being at a football game is to stand and cheer. I bet those people sit down at concerts too. Retarded.
Originally posted by Bluefalcon61:
Thank god for old(er) fans.

They're the ones who still have first hand experience of the 49ers dynasty years, where standards were high, and we didnt settle for mediocrity.

Nowadays, you younger fans will settle for the namby pamby performances of Alex Smith and think 7-9 is deserving to go to the playoffs.

An 8-8 record is considered great success nowadays!

Sit yer azzes down!

^
This...
[ Edited by 9erB4Us on Jan 20, 2011 at 5:06 PM ]

^
This also, and all too true...
[ Edited by 9erB4Us on Jan 20, 2011 at 5:05 PM ]
I brought my Grandpa a game with me and he was more abnoxious than me.
Originally posted by WillistheWall:

No rage, turn about is fair play.

Glad I was able to give you a reason to bust out the rage pic though, obvious you were searching for a reason.
I say all the old people and old people supporters should follow this old man's example.

I'm not only an old fan, I'm a smug old fan. I have never been to a game at Candlestick. The games I went to were at Kezar Stadium. Fans could bring in their own coolers with enough beer and other spirits to inebriate everyone within a two-mile radius. If you wore the other team's colors someone might take a swing at you. The first time I saw grown men in a fist fight was at Kezar. The 9ers lost all the time back then and many of the fans were drunk and obnoxious. There were no luxury boxes, just the press box where the sports writers regularly smoked dope. Kezar was the first stadium to put a fence around the stands to keep fans from jumping on the field and feeding a fist sandwich to a ref. You young guys are so gentrified.