There are 94 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Does Candlestick Park have an abnormal amoun of Old fans?

I think everybody has experienced an old fan telling them to be quiet during the game, or to sit down. Do we have more elderly fans than other franchises?
I actually prefer older fans to the younger fans. Older fans respect the 49ers history. They understand the true meaning of being a San Francisco 49er. They remember Fred Dean, Riki Ellison, Dan Bunz, Wendel Tyler. They understand that this organization used to be the class of the NFL.

The new fans are clueless. Stop yelling "niiiiinners" while walking through the stadium. stop tugging at your jerseys. You younger fans disgust me.
[ Edited by JoseCortez on Jan 20, 2011 at 3:47 PM ]
Originally posted by JoseCortez:
I actually prefer older fans to the younger fans. Older fans respect the 49ers history. They understand the true meaning of being a San Francisco 49er. They remember Fred Dean, Riki Ellison, Dan Bunz, Wendel Tyler. They understand that this organization used to be the class of the NFL.

The new fans are clueless. Stop yelling "niiiiinners" while walking through the stadium. stop tugging at your jerseys. You younger fans disgust me.

And Stay Off his grass

I agree with the exact opposite of this

Old fans are so lucky in that they've seen the 49er during the glory days, and now that the 49ers suck all they do is whine. Younger fans are still riled up no matter what our record is, and always have fun at football games which is what you're supposed to do at football games
Originally posted by phatbutskinny:

Old fans are so lucky in that they've seen the 49er during the glory days, and now that the 49ers suck all they do is whine. Younger fans are still riled up no matter what our record is, and always have fun at football games which is what you're supposed to do at football games

As do Raider fans. They do not expect to win, and they never will win. They are content with mediocrity. Of course our older fans whine. They should whine. This organization used to win. It used to be demanded.
"NIIIIIIIIIINNNEEEEERRRRSSS"
Originally posted by RonMexico:

Originally posted by RonMexico:
Originally posted by phatbutskinny:

As do Raider fans. They do not expect to win, and they never will win. They are content with mediocrity. Of course our older fans whine. They should whine. This organization used to win. It used to be demanded.

Nobody said content. Once we go to the stadium, we are excited as ever no matter who we are playing, even if we don't think we can win. We all want to win just as much as you 'old' guys, and some young zoners probably whine just as much as anybody else. But once we hit candlestick we cheer our voices out
I've gone from being an obnoxous young drunk at Candlestick many years ago to my present day self - someone who prefers to watch at home, because I don't want to be around obnoxous young drunks.

a stadium full of senior citizens will never give our team the "12th man" environment that our defense could surely use on 3rd downs...
Originally posted by rawdel:

a stadium full of senior citizens will never give our team the "12th man" environment that our defense could surely use on 3rd downs...
Teams like Seattle need the 12th man. Teams like the Niners of the 80's and 90's and the Patriots don't need the 12th man. A good team wins on the road.
Originally posted by rawdel:

Teams like Seattle need the 12th man. Teams like the Niners of the 80's and 90's and the Patriots don't need the 12th man. A good team wins on the road.

ok but we aren't the niner of the 80s or 90s.

stop living in the past jesus f**king christ, the 12th man might help win a close game against a tough team
Originally posted by djfullshred:
I've gone from being an obnoxous young drunk at Candlestick many years ago to my present day self - someone who prefers to watch at home, because I don't want to be around obnoxous young drunks.

Search Podcast Draft Forum Commentary News Shop Home