There are 183 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

They Said What?

  • Envy
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 2,382
Bit of fun here but hopefully it takes off. On the back of the PTI claim that the Raiders will have more wins that the 49ers next season I think we should create a thread were we quote these sort of claims and make sure to revisit them once it has played out. Obviously if whomever makes a claim which works out then we'll tip our hat to them but if one of these motherf**kers says anything that turns out to be wrong then the Zone goes to WAR!

I'll kick it off with a gem from our favourite 'insider'....JLC

"As we chronicled earlier this week, NFL GMs I talk to, including some looking at coaches, think Harbaugh goes to U of Michigan"

http://twitter.com/JasonLaCanfora/status/20595141941133312
[ Edited by Envy on Jan 18, 2011 at 4:00 PM ]
Maybe we should wait to see what QBs we add to the roster before getting all crazy... as of now, the Raiders have better QBs.
I saw that today, saying the raiders would be better... mostly because they have QB's in place. (which is true)

They have abetter defense at the moment because they haD better coaching, our defense should be better alone from the new coaching.
Team X has more wins in a season than Team Y.

Team X has a stable quarterback situation, Team Y does not even have enough quarterbacks to have a quarterback situation.

People predict that like this year, Team X will have a better record than Team Y next year as well.

This all seems perfectly reasonable once you remove yourself from you're fandom and the fact that we're actually talking about the 9ers and Raiders.
  • Envy
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 2,382
Originally posted by unst4bl3:
I saw that today, saying the raiders would be better... mostly because they have QB's in place. (which is true)

They have abetter defense at the moment because they haD better coaching, our defense should be better alone from the new coaching.

Which is cool. Like I said if they say that then we quote it. If the Raiders win more games than us then I'll be on here giving props.

Oh I forgot one.

"I'll be known as one of the greatest coaches of all time" Mike Singeltary
I think both the Raiders, and 49ers will be in the playoffs next season. -The toxic sludge 'brooding' around Hunters Point might finally be dissolving, once and for all.
  • BobS
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 8,078
They have better QBs and were 8-8. We have David Carr and were 6-10.
Why do some fans get all bent out of shape when they say their bad team is bad?

The Niners were 6-10 without a starting QB on their roster and turning over to a whole new system with new coaches. The Raiders were 8-8 with a starting QB and, though they are changing head coach, they are maintaining the same offensive system so they have continuity.

The 49ers are a bad team and they will stay that way until they prove otherwise. Hype means nothing.
Originally posted by PopeyeJonesing:
Team X has more wins in a season than Team Y.

Team X has a stable quarterback situation, Team Y does not even have enough quarterbacks to have a quarterback situation.

People predict that like this year, Team X will have a better record than Team Y next year as well.

This all seems perfectly reasonable once you remove yourself from you're fandom and the fact that we're actually talking about the 9ers and Raiders.


Ya word, not to mention that team Y will be installing a new system on offensive and team Y could have minimal time to practice in the offseason because of the looming CBA issues
  • Envy
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 2,382
Hmm I think the point of my original post was missed. I wasn't trying to provoke a debate on the merits of the Raider's QBs but merely creating a thread to document the wild claims people make with reference to the 49ers.

Originally posted by Envy:
Hmm I think the point of my original post was missed. I wasn't trying to provoke a debate on the merits of the Raider's QBs but merely creating a thread to document the wild claims people make with reference to the 49ers.


And people were counter-arguing that the claim isn't "wild" in the least but very reasonable.
Originally posted by unst4bl3:
I saw that today, saying the raiders would be better... mostly because they have QB's in place. (which is true)

They have abetter defense at the moment because they haD better coaching, our defense should be better alone from the new coaching.

...and still, we continue to own them at every given opportunity. This was their year to get some get-back with Sing runnin the show and they still stepped on their d*cks.
Yeah, they have better QBs, for now, but that's the only credit I'll give them.

Originally posted by AKfanster:


Ya word, not to mention that team Y will be installing a new system on offensive and team Y could have minimal time to practice in the offseason because of the looming CBA issues

Yep. Another good point.
Member Milestone: This is post number 600 for mr2324jgf.
Originally posted by RedWaltz24:
Originally posted by Envy:
Hmm I think the point of my original post was missed. I wasn't trying to provoke a debate on the merits of the Raider's QBs but merely creating a thread to document the wild claims people make with reference to the 49ers.


And people were counter-arguing that the claim isn't "wild" in the least but very reasonable.

I'm with ya envy. Haters gonna hate.
  • Envy
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 2,382
Originally posted by RedWaltz24:
Originally posted by Envy:
Hmm I think the point of my original post was missed. I wasn't trying to provoke a debate on the merits of the Raider's QBs but merely creating a thread to document the wild claims people make with reference to the 49ers.


And people were counter-arguing that the claim isn't "wild" in the least but very reasonable.

Okay...I'll bite.

Reasonable? I'm sorry but this is the Raiders we are talking about yeah? A team that recently fired its head coach, let its best player go into free agancy and has been playing musical QBs all season? Those Raiders?

Not to mention we have the draft to look forward too. Which is always funny when is comes to the Raiders. The team that went 8-8? The team that had 2 more wins than ours even though everyone has made it obvious our QB situation was worse.

Hmmmmm not really seeing how they can make such a claim myself?