LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 315 users in the forums

2003-2010 Niners: Receivers Graveyard

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Ginn is fast, but runs poor routes and has average hands. He's an asset as a return guy, but not as a receiver. If he's your third option at receiver, you have a weak group.
It is going to be sooo fun watching Vernon and Delanie dominating in Harbaughs version of the WCO. Vernon is going to be a freakin beast in the WCO, once he gets it down.

As for WR's I think Crabtree just suffered from a sophomore slump, or at least thats my hope. Other than Crabtree, there is not one WR on the roster that I would be overly upset about if they were cut.

Morgan is average, and everyone under him is well below imo.
Originally posted by ninergold:
Ginn is fast, but runs poor routes and has average hands. He's an asset as a return guy, but not as a receiver. If he's your third option at receiver, you have a weak group.

Why don't we wait and see how he does when gets a legit opportunity to prove himself? Players are capable of improving with proper coaching and motivation. If everyone had that mentality, we would've given up on Vernon Davis after his first couple years. Now he's a Pro Bowl caliber top 5 TE in the league. Some good things take time to develop.
Failed experiments

Rasheed Marshall, Marcus Maxwell, Brandon Williams. Oh the forgotten ones. Am I missing anyone?
  • Rizo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by WINiner:
It is going to be sooo fun watching Vernon and Delanie dominating in Harbaughs version of the WCO. Vernon is going to be a freakin beast in the WCO, once he gets it down.

As for WR's I think Crabtree just suffered from a sophomore slump, or at least thats my hope. Other than Crabtree, there is not one WR on the roster that I would be overly upset about if they were cut.

Morgan is average, and everyone under him is well below imo.

Agree but you KEEP GINN! He gave us good field position a lot of times but SING just F'd it up! Harbaugh is gonna love starting at almost the 50 or even the 40 yard line.
  • Furlow
  • Veteran
Crabtree is an obvious choice. I'm gonna go with the wildcard and say Kyle Williams starts. Although he'll play a lot of slot so Zeiglar or FA will play outside when the offense goes 3WR.
who's got the Brandon Lloyd gif?
Antonio Bryant was my favorite...just couldn't keep his head screwed on tight!
Originally posted by SolRebe1:
Failed experiments

Rasheed Marshall, Marcus Maxwell, Brandon Williams. Oh the forgotten ones. Am I missing anyone?

Derrick Hamilton. Same draft we got Lloyd i think
  • boast
  • Hella Fame
Originally posted by Nalo9er:
Failed experiments

Otis Amey

• mod
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Nalo9er:
Failed experiments

Jason Hill was terrible situation I still like the guy. Arnaz Battle could be a considered a failed experiment... although I dont think anybody expected him to put 1000 yards anyways.

I had something else I was gonna say but i forgot lol
I have two more names:
Micheal Spurlock - Has gone on to be a playmaker on PR/KR for the Buccaneers.
Bryant Johnson - Haven't heard much about him. He's on the Lions right?
We've had Johnny Morton, Curtis Conway, PJ Fleck, Jason McCaddley, Ashley Lelie, Darrell Jackson, LeRon McCoy, and Otis Amey...

rashaun woods
I listened to that KNBR interview with Baalke--he said WR's need to play excited--they need to be involved and know they will have balls thrown their way---and he didn't think that happened enough---the committment wasn't made to get them involved--and he said the jury is still out on all the WR's because of that.
Share 49ersWebzone