49ers vs. Seahawks Tickets Available! →

There are 776 users in the forums

Greg Roman named as 49ers offensive coordinator

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Jump in the boat we are going to the playoffs!




[ Edited by Frisco69ers on Jan 14, 2011 at 11:39 AM ]
Originally posted by Frisco69ers:
Originally posted by Loco49er:
OMG! York is cheap! He went for an unknown person instead of a big name OC! OMG! The sky is fallinnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnngggggggggggg!

are you on drugs York doesnt make this decision, its Jim Harbaugh's choice

Not on drugs but I did decide to start drinking early today
Originally posted by mayo49:
Originally posted by PatrickJira411:
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:



Is it me or does he kind of look like John Belushi/John C.Reilly

I think it's you. I think he looks more like George Karl.

I would say he looks like a brown haired version of Archie Bunker from all in the family
Originally posted by LambdaChi49:
Seems good. I have a feeling 2011 is going to be boom or bust.

Boom: All of this works and we end up 10-6 or better.
Bust: Bunch of college coaches overwhelmed and we go 5-11.


Let's hope for "boom."

Don't forget... Harbaugh has to install his offense and get some QBs. I don't know if I would be expecting too many wins under those circumstances. Would be a nice bonus, though!
I carry a bit of trepedation with this move. Because he carried a position of calling stricktly the running plays on Stanford's offense. And that is all we need. Back to the telethon bore of 1-2-3 run up the gut, then PUNT!
Originally posted by Goldrushknight:
I carry a bit of trepedation with this move. Because he carried a position of calling stricktly the running plays on Stanford's offense. And that is all we need. Back to the telethon bore of 1-2-3 run up the gut, then PUNT!

um... what?

You realize Harbaugh will be the promary play caller, right?
Originally posted by OKC49erFan:
Originally posted by Goldrushknight:
I carry a bit of trepedation with this move. Because he carried a position of calling stricktly the running plays on Stanford's offense. And that is all we need. Back to the telethon bore of 1-2-3 run up the gut, then PUNT!

um... what?

You realize Harbaugh will be the promary play caller, right?

During Harbaugh's press conferance he said he will have a hand in the play calling. He did not say he will be calling all the plays or even majority for that matter.
Originally posted by Goldrushknight:
Originally posted by mayo49:
Originally posted by PatrickJira411:
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:



Is it me or does he kind of look like John Belushi/John C.Reilly

I think it's you. I think he looks more like George Karl.

I would say he looks like a brown haired version of Archie Bunker from all in the family

Dude looks like the fat gay husband from Modern Family.
[ Edited by OregonNiner87 on Jan 14, 2011 at 11:55 AM ]
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 23,429
Anyone know Green Bay's OC without looking it up? I think it will be a similar situation here. Roman will help install the offense, may call some plays here and there. But Harbaugh is running the show
  • DJD
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 2,806
Harbaugh will surround himself with the people he needs to get the thing firing on all cylinders. At Stanford plays were called by 3 people with him atop the pecking order. It's apparently what he does. This will probability include adding a pass play guru / receivers and or qb coach to chip in on the game plans and play calls, if need be.

I cannot see this staff stubbornly or ignorantly insisting on a one dimensional run first offense. Those days are nothing but history now.
a yes man at OC. As I predicted. And I totally agree, this is how Harbaugh should handle OC.

Now this setups well for Roman to be the OC for the next 3 season.

not for nothing but I think Roman was under Seifert back in the day, way under.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 65,216
Originally posted by OregonNiner87:
Originally posted by Goldrushknight:
Originally posted by mayo49:
Originally posted by PatrickJira411:
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:



Is it me or does he kind of look like John Belushi/John C.Reilly

I think it's you. I think he looks more like George Karl.

I would say he looks like a brown haired version of Archie Bunker from all in the family

Dude looks like the fat gay husband from Modern Family.

He looks more like that baby.
Originally posted by ghostrider:
Originally posted by susweel:
Hopefully he's a better OC then his brother was at Safety.




Lol
Originally posted by danimal:
a yes man at OC. As I predicted. And I totally agree, this is how Harbaugh should handle OC.

Now this setups well for Roman to be the OC for the next 3 season.

not for nothing but I think Roman was under Seifert back in the day, way under.

Yup, learned the WCO in Carolina under Seifert, Gill Haskell and Bill Musgrave.
Originally posted by boast:
OC by title only. Harbaugh is the real OC of the Niners.

Thats way awesome. I'm still trying to figure out who the real housewives of the OC are.
Open Menu Search Share 49ersWebzone