LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 263 users in the forums

Matt Maiocco Chat Transcript: some interesting things.

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by tohara3:
Originally posted by LAFortyNinerfan:
Originally posted by teeohh:
I want to hear those stories
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Wubbie:
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
I hate to say this, but I feel like Matts new employer has put too many restraints on him. His answers come off far to matter-of-fact. There is no speculation or sizzle. I mean I get the whole "report just the facts" journalism angle, but for me it's too PC. It might as well be a 49er press release signed off by Jed York.

I'm sure most of you will disagree, but really its just my opinion.

Actually, since he got this new job, I felt he's been a little more opinionated.

But I appreciate his and Barrows' "just the facts" approach. They're much more objective than the other reporters who follow the 49ers. Many of us scoffed when Maiocco predicted a 7-9(?) finish for us. He seems to have a very accurate understanding of the team.

When rumors fly around (like in Harbaugh's hiring process), I'll trust those two over anyone else. They have that credibility with me.

Exactly. Many beat writers throw s**t out there and hope it sticks.

One guy I've been really impressed with is David White. He first broke the story about Singletary getting fired.
Originally posted by GEEK:
Originally posted by Wubbie:
I hate to say this, but I feel like Matts new employer has put too many restraints on him. His answers come off far to matter-of-fact. There is no speculation or sizzle. I mean I get the whole "report just the facts" journalism angle, but for me it's too PC. It might as well be a 49er press release signed off by Jed York.

Actually, since he got this new job, I felt he's been a little more opinionated.

But I appreciate his and Barrows' "just the facts" approach. They're much more objective than the other reporters who follow the 49ers. Many of us scoffed when Maiocco predicted a 7-9(?) finish for us. He seems to have a very accurate understanding of the team.

When rumors fly around (like in Harbaugh's hiring process), I'll trust those two over anyone else. They have that credibility with me.

Exactly. Many beat writers throw s**t out there and hope it sticks.

One guy I've been really impressed with is David White. He first broke the story about Singletary getting fired.

Just listened to a replay of White saying there was no way the 9ers were getting Harbaugh because he was as good as signed with Miami. He was one of many who misjudged the situation but his certainty was based on?
[ Edited by dtg_9er on Jan 14, 2011 at 6:03 AM ]

Yea we should just let them make crap up.
  • tn9er
  • Veteran

Just use your imagination and you'll probably be real close...
Originally posted by tn9er:

Just use your imagination and you'll probably be real close...

well if we "only know half of it" I do not want to know the rest of the story about when Singletary pulled his trousers down.....
Originally posted by WestCoast:

apparently you didn't read

I dont know how to read...
Originally posted by backontop:
Lawson walks? damn it!!! JP all over again.

Let him go and draft JJ Watt from Wisconsin to replace him.

Yeah, I'd be surprised if we got him back. I've always liked Lawson, but he's always been just a little bit away from being a real impact player.
Originally posted by WestCoast:

apparently you didn't read

I dont know how to read...

Regardless, it's amazing you can type so well though!

I see your point, but I prefer facts and they only give opinions when asked. Too many times I'll read articles based more on opinion than facts and I'd rather draw my own conclusions, just facts please...from credible sources.

Originally posted by Ninerfan81:

Watt is going to be a 3-4 DE, not a 3-4 OLB. Watt is 290 pounds.
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
Originally posted by Ninerfan81:

Watt is going to be a 3-4 DE, not a 3-4 OLB. Watt is 290 pounds.

Wouldn't that be something...a 290 pound WILL. Isn't Phillips going to now use Mario as his WILL?

Anyway, we do need a new WILL, too.
Originally posted by chico49erfan:
Originally posted by niner4life21:
SAY NO TO GOLDSON!

Unless he's a back up.

Seriously!

Goldson is a throw up to me. Yeeah, Goldson didn't do anything this past season, but that's also cos of him fighting injuries throughout the whole season. & Many people haven't mentioned that, so I'm guessing no one put that into consideration.

Plus, we all saw what he could do two seasons ago when he was healthy.

If he stays, fine. If he's signed elsewhere, good luck to him.
  • Oscar
  • Hall of Fame

That's his role in the gamut of 49er coverage. He doesn't want to be a columnist. If you want opinions read Tim Kawakami or Lohel Cohn. He prides himself on providing fact and relevant commentary in an objective way. It's one of the reasons he is a stalwart on 49er coverage.
Originally posted by BayStreamin510:
Originally posted by chico49erfan:
Originally posted by niner4life21:
SAY NO TO GOLDSON!

Unless he's a back up.

Seriously!

Goldson is a throw up to me. Yeeah, Goldson didn't do anything this past season, but that's also cos of him fighting injuries throughout the whole season. & Many people haven't mentioned that, so I'm guessing no one put that into consideration.

Plus, we all saw what he could do two seasons ago when he was healthy.

If he stays, fine. If he's signed elsewhere, good luck to him.

In ONE game.
Share 49ersWebzone