There are 145 users in the forums

Steve Young: One of the greatest Regular Season Comebacks

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Gosh, this might very well have been the game that really sealed Steve Young as my favorite all time Niner. More heart than any player I've ever seen play this game. Constantly put this team on his back, and this day was no different.

How many of you folks remember this 1996 Comeback?

• susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
The Bengal coach got fired after that game.
That TD pass to Owens was just beautiful man.
I remember this game, but I don't remember the context of the season, but why was Steve Young starting even though he was clearly not 100%?

Elvis Grbac was a solid backup QB, wasn't he? I would think that 100% Grbac w/practice reps > 70% Young w/o practice reps?
Is it just me or does Bill Walsh just look special standing around
  • SoCold
  • Hall of Dumb

95,96 sucked

they didn't pay Watters

Loville 95 and Kirby 96 leading rushers

Steve got beat to s**t

lost to GB both years in the playoffs
This is one of my favorite games and a top 3 Steve Young game. He was coming back from a torn groin and was taken out by Seifert and forced himself to play and came back from a 21-0 deficit. It was also Terrell Owens first TD catch. I remember an on the field interview as he was walking off and they asked him "You weren't ready to come off the field were you?" and he replied "Over my dead body"
Originally posted by lamontb:

Huh?
  • BobS
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Wubbie:
I remember this game, but I don't remember the context of the season, but why was Steve Young starting even though he was clearly not 100%?

Elvis Grbac was a solid backup QB, wasn't he? I would think that 100% Grbac w/practice reps > 70% Young w/o practice reps?

Another one who shined in back up roles, but was never more than mediocre at best as a starter.
meh.

Garcia and Montana had greater comebacks.

I still say my fav regular season comeback was against the Colts in 98 (peytons rookie season) I think we were down 31-13 goin into the 4th and ended up winning 34-31 in the final seconds
[ Edited by AJ_Larrea954 on Jan 12, 2011 at 12:49 PM ]
Originally posted by Joecool:
meh.

you shouldn't be a 9er fan...that is Seifert...do not pass go, do not collect $200
Originally posted by Niner_Demon:
Originally posted by Joecool:
meh.

I miss having games that matter
Originally posted by blacksailsmd:

you shouldn't be a 9er fan...that is Seifert...do not pass go, do not collect $200

My thoughts exactly
Share 49ersWebzone