There are 145 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Popular veteran player Harbaugh will get rid of

Nate Clements, Parys Harelson (dont know if hes that popular but he starts), Goldson because he sucks ass.
Originally posted by Furlow:
Originally posted by kidash:
Originally posted by Furlow:
Originally posted by susweel:
He still is a good player no doubt. Just not sure if he will be on board with the new sheriff.

Again its just a possibility, I didn't start this thread to bash on Gore. I started it to see what other vets Harbaugh might dump.

As many have pointed out, not just in this thread, he welcomed all the different OC and played his heart out for all of them. What makes you think he will not do the same with this incoming coaches?

I think it was much easier to welcome the different OC's because they all featured him in the offense. He's now on a team and in a system where RB's are not valued as much. That's just how the NFL is now, I mean, look at the great teams. The Patriots, Colts, Saints, Ravens, Jets, Giants, etc all use a "committee" approach. And in a true WCO (like the Packers) the RB is easily interchangeable (yesterday's GE game is a prime example).

Again, I like Gore and his skill set. If he's willing to fit into a role and is okay with less carries and less focus, then great. But if not, and if we can get a 2nd rounder for him, I say do it.

They featured him because HE WAS THE OFFENSE. Nolan and Sing, esp. Sing, wanted a power running game, in which the OC's we've had designed for. You're right that the RB's are in tandem now-a-days but even if so, Gore and Dixon would be those for our team. Westbrook, minus the fact that he's not signed, is way older and has more tear and wear than Gore, IMO.

I don't disagree with any of that, I was responding to you saying that Gore "welcomed all the different OC's" as evidence that he's a team player. If he welcomes his now diminished role in Harbaugh's WCO, then I'll eat crow (where the heck did that saying come from anyway? lol). He's our most talented back by far, so I hope I'm wrong or I hope he's matured and looks at winning being greater than his own success.

Josh Morgan, Delanie Walker, Moran Norris (oh wait, it says "popular").

Ok just Morgan then. I don't have any facts or proof that this guy will be gone, I'm just throwing him out there. Morgan has turned into Mr.Alligator Arms and rarely dives for any balls.

Or how about Crabtree? I still think he's overrated and maybe a team will be willing to part with several picks for him.....???
Harbaugh will get rid of no one. Baalke is the GM, and as such that responsibility belongs to him.
Moran Norris and/or Joe Nedney..
Originally posted by Envy:
Clements. And I'll be happy

This is a more likely scenerio.

And money wise, it would be a smart scenario. All the money spent on this dude and all he can do is tackle, not nearly enough for what he's paid.

Also Parys Haralson need to shake the spot. He has nothing more to offer this team.

Every new coach that comes in usually dumps at least one popular vet player from the previous regime.

My money says its gonna be Gore.

To me Gore just doesn't have that team first attitude, he seems very concerned with his stats more then he does about the overall team success.

Here is how its probably gonna go down. Gore meets with Harbaugh: Harbaugh tells Gore that he is only gonna get about 50% of the carries because Harbaugh believes in the running back by committee approach. Gore gets pissed and tells Harbaugh to kick rocks, and Gore ends up getting traded for a mid round pick.

who do you think its gonna be ???

Pretty bold assumption. I disagree with your assessment. In addition, I don't think he necessarily dumps anybody just because he's the new coach.
Takeo

goodbye playoff curse
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Moran Norris gets my vote, lost a step as a FB and doesn't offer much catching passing outta the back field.
I really hope I'm wrong, but I think it's going to be Keaton Kristick.
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Moran Norris gets my vote, lost a step as a FB and doesn't offer much catching passing outta the back field.

Oh he's gone for sure.
Yup. Norris needs to go. In any scenario where we might need a FB type player, throw Dixon in.
Originally posted by ads_2006:
Takeo

goodbye playoff curse

(My favorite new gif BTW)
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by servegmo:
Every new coach that comes in usually dumps at least one popular vet player from the previous regime.

My money says its gonna be Gore.

To me Gore just doesn't have that team first attitude, he seems very concerned with his stats more then he does about the overall team success.

Here is how its probably gonna go down. Gore meets with Harbaugh: Harbaugh tells Gore that he is only gonna get about 50% of the carries because Harbaugh believes in the running back by committee approach. Gore gets pissed and tells Harbaugh to kick rocks, and Gore ends up getting traded for a mid round pick.

who do you think its gonna be ???

why does everybody wants to get rid of gore??? to me its just stupid... he is one of our best players he isn't even 30 years old and he is an elite (top 3) power runner in the nfl, have any of you guys see the Harbaugh offense?? is a power offense he is one of the most important pieces already in place.. I may be wrong but I think you guys are crazy!!!!

go niners

your not wrong in anyway shape or form man. It's like people on here don't understand that we have holes on this team and they def DO NOT include the RB position. I look for Gore to be our feature back another 2-3 years.