There are 89 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Popular veteran player Harbaugh will get rid of

Originally posted by hubbyt:
Franky G will be 28 this summer .. sign him to a two year extension ... the injuries are definitely starting to mount and a 20-30% lighter workload can only help him at this point .. For as good as Frank is i still havent figured out the mystery of his lack of touchdowns or ability to convert from short distance .. Gore is good at everything IMO but probably not GREAT at anything. I foresee more of a committee next year. For the life of me though I dont want to see Gore traded ...

He has had no problems scoring in short yardage on those pitch-outs.

My point: most of our short yardage is far too predictable.
Originally posted by niners:
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
Originally posted by Joecool:
Just imagine Frank Gore being in an offense where he does not need to deal with these:

1. Defense knowing exactly where he will run
2. Defense knowing the passing game ain't s**t
3. 3rd down draws
4. Defense knowing exactly when he's going to run.

Exactly. The guy consistently gets over 1,000 yards and over 4.2, normally above 4.5 per carry when EVERYONE knows we will run. With a decent passing game, Gore is closer to 5.0 per carry, and with run blocking similar to what he had in 2006, look out.

he can no longer stay healthy for a full season. time to go.

What you just said is like saying, "I don't have enough food to eat three meals, so it all has to be thrown out now."

Makes more sense to say, "I don't have enough food to eat three meals, so I better get more to go with that I already bought."
[ Edited by djfullshred on Jan 10, 2011 at 2:45 PM ]
Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by kidash:
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
Gore's situation reminds me a LOT of Marshall Faulk's (with the Colts) towards the late 90s (somewhat injury-prone RB with new coach; new QB calling shots, offensive differences) and could have a similar outcome.

Gore also has more wear on his tires.

BUT he is still a servicable back. I am not counting on Gore to last for 10 more years but he is easily our best back on the current roster that can handle the switch to a WCO.

EASILY.

He still is a good player no doubt. Just not sure if he will be on board with the new sheriff.

Again its just a possibility, I didn't start this thread to bash on Gore. I started it to see what other vets Harbaugh might dump.

As many have pointed out, not just in this thread, he welcomed all the different OC and played his heart out for all of them. What makes you think he will not do the same with this incoming coaches?

why does everybody wants to get rid of gore??? to me its just stupid... he is one of our best players he isn't even 30 years old and he is an elite (top 3) power runner in the nfl, have any of you guys see the Harbaugh offense?? is a power offense he is one of the most important pieces already in place.. I may be wrong but I think you guys are crazy!!!!

go niners
this
I know he is not popular at all; but I think the only vet we should get rid of is Susweel.
Gore's situation reminds me a LOT of Marshall Faulk's (with the Colts) towards the late 90s (somewhat injury-prone RB with new coach; new QB calling shots, offensive differences) and could have a similar outcome.

BUT he is still a servicable back. I am not counting on Gore to last for 10 more years but he is easily our best back on the current roster that can handle the switch to a WCO.

EASILY.

He still is a good player no doubt. Just not sure if he will be on board with the new sheriff.

Again its just a possibility, I didn't start this thread to bash on Gore. I started it to see what other vets Harbaugh might dump.

As many have pointed out, not just in this thread, he welcomed all the different OC and played his heart out for all of them. What makes you think he will not do the same with this incoming coaches?

He might have an issue if they want to limit his carries and get other RBs involved.
I don't know how many of you have seen the Harbaugh offense, off course he said he uses the west cost philosophy but I think he uses a evolved WO where he uses the terminology, the installations and all the thing he said in the conference but a BIG part of his offense is the power running game, I bet he has water in his mouth to see what he can do with Gore and our TEs...

this will not be a finesse offense!!!!

so all of our backs will need to run inside the tackles, catch the ball, do a lot of crazy motions and block.. to me Gore is an elite player in all of the circumstances, there is no way he is traded...

go niners
Gore?

This is a joke right?
  • Rizo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Dr_Gonzo:
I know he is not popular at all; but I think the only vet we should get rid of is Susweel.

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! agree...
  • dj43
  • Veteran
Every new coach that comes in usually dumps at least one popular vet player from the previous regime.

My money says its gonna be Gore.

To me Gore just doesn't have that team first attitude, he seems very concerned with his stats more then he does about the overall team success.

Here is how its probably gonna go down. Gore meets with Harbaugh: Harbaugh tells Gore that he is only gonna get about 50% of the carries because Harbaugh believes in the running back by committee approach. Gore gets pissed and tells Harbaugh to kick rocks, and Gore ends up getting traded for a mid round pick.

who do you think its gonna be ???
The only way I could see this going down is if Harbaugh doesn't see any QB prospects worth the value of the pick number and convinces Baalke to go all in on the 2012 draft. In that case, Trent trades Gore for a 1st round draft choice in 2012 then puts that pick along with whatever other pick (3rd?) will be needed to get the guy they want next year.

I think that is highly unlikely, however, it is the only way I see Harbaugh parting with Gore...he is stuck with no one that looks like the future franchise guy so he parts with the franchise RB and goes drafting for RBs in the later rounds where RBs are more plentiful.
Originally posted by Joecool:
Originally posted by hubbyt:
Franky G will be 28 this summer .. sign him to a two year extension ... the injuries are definitely starting to mount and a 20-30% lighter workload can only help him at this point .. For as good as Frank is i still havent figured out the mystery of his lack of touchdowns or ability to convert from short distance .. Gore is good at everything IMO but probably not GREAT at anything. I foresee more of a committee next year. For the life of me though I dont want to see Gore traded ...

He has had no problems scoring in short yardage on those pitch-outs.

My point: most of our short yardage is far too predictable.

Kinda hard to get TDs if you don't to the redzone to much, especially when your HC is yelling to the other team HEY WE'RE GOING TO RUN THE BALL, and alex can't consistenly lead the team down the field with his passing.
  • Rizo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by servegmo:
I don't know how many of you have seen the Harbaugh offense, off course he said he uses the west cost philosophy but I think he uses a evolved WO where he uses the terminology, the installations and all the thing he said in the conference but a BIG part of his offense is the power running game, I bet he has water in his mouth to see what he can do with Gore and our TEs...

this will not be a finesse offense!!!!

so all of our backs will need to run inside the tackles, catch the ball, do a lot of crazy motions and block.. to me Gore is an elite player in all of the circumstances, there is no way he is traded...

go niners

GREAT POINT! and you know he has seen the speed Gore has when he breaks for one. Harbaugh has some awesome running plays!
My answer is Nate Clements

EASILY.

He might have an issue if they want to limit his carries and get other RBs involved.

Or he MIGHT not.

All speculation on our part but still does not make sense to trade/let go one of our better player.

In the OP's defense, Gore has always reacted poorly to the idea of sharing carries. I don't think he does that to "chase stats" (or be selfish), I just think he's that much of a competitor. Most great players want the ball...

Having said that, there is absolutely no way you cut Gore. He's an elite player at his position and supposedly fits Harbaugh's offense. It would be idiotic to open up a hole that huge on our roster when we have no QB to speak of.

If anybody "popular" goes, my money is on somebody like Ahmad Brooks. Somebody that's not well rounded and more of the one trick pony type, even if the zone loves that particular trick.