There are 77 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Popular veteran player Harbaugh will get rid of

Originally posted by verb1der:
Question is...do you all think Gore will be the same player after the injury he suffered?! I heard chances are very slim. Dude is not superman.

True dat, but coming out of Miami he had both knees injured, that is why he fell to 3rd round, even that was considered high by some. Let us wait and see. Still, this is why he needs to have his load altered, either by giving more carries to someone else or passing it to him out of the backfield.
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
Gore's situation reminds me a LOT of Marshall Faulk's (with the Colts) towards the late 90s (somewhat injury-prone RB with new coach; new QB calling shots, offensive differences) and could have a similar outcome.

Gore also has more wear on his tires.
Originally posted by Schulzy:
Originally posted by djfullshred:
Somehow, I have a hard time imagining a new head coach thinking it would be a good idea to start off his job by cutting some of the better players that are still under contract like Frank Gore. Wouldn't that kind of make things harder on himself?

Yep.

But Westbrook and Dixon are better fits for the WCO.

Gore, just like every other offensive player has had to learn a new playbook every year or so here. No big deal.
time for Gore and Clemens to go thank you for your services. Gore has not have a complete season the last 4 years. I disagree with him wanting to go back in games when he knows he is not healthy enough to help the team he would only be huring the team. Cleamens, well he gets burned every game.

NINERS!!!
[ Edited by niners on Jan 10, 2011 at 2:30 PM ]
Originally posted by Joecool:
Just imagine Frank Gore being in an offense where he does not need to deal with these:

1. Defense knowing exactly where he will run
2. Defense knowing the passing game ain't s**t
3. 3rd down draws
4. Defense knowing exactly when he's going to run.

Exactly. The guy consistently gets over 1,000 yards and over 4.2, normally above 4.5 per carry when EVERYONE knows we will run. With a decent passing game, Gore is closer to 5.0 per carry, and with run blocking similar to what he had in 2006, look out.
Originally posted by susweel:
Gore's situation reminds me a LOT of Marshall Faulk's (with the Colts) towards the late 90s (somewhat injury-prone RB with new coach; new QB calling shots, offensive differences) and could have a similar outcome.

BUT he is still a servicable back. I am not counting on Gore to last for 10 more years but he is easily our best back on the current roster that can handle the switch to a WCO.

EASILY.

Originally posted by WildBill:
Originally posted by verb1der:
Question is...do you all think Gore will be the same player after the injury he suffered?! I heard chances are very slim. Dude is not superman.

True dat, but coming out of Miami he had both knees injured, that is why he fell to 3rd round, even that was considered high by some. Let us wait and see. Still, this is why he needs to have his load altered, either by giving more carries to someone else or passing it to him out of the backfield.

Yeah it's amazing how he overcame two major knee surgeries. It's just hard for me to believe a broken hip (or whatever he suffered) will have no affects on him especially at the latter stage of his career.

Harbaugh will have a lot of tough choices including resigning Westbrook, who in turn is a prime example of a pure WCO RB.
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
Just imagine Frank Gore being in an offense where he does not need to deal with these:

3. 3rd down draws

Exactly. The guy consistently gets over 1,000 yards and over 4.2, normally above 4.5 per carry when EVERYONE knows we will run. With a decent passing game, Gore is closer to 5.0 per carry, and with run blocking similar to what he had in 2006, look out.

he can no longer stay healthy for a full season. time to go.
Originally posted by niners:
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:

3. 3rd down draws

he can no longer stay healthy for a full season. time to go.

Originally posted by kidash:

BUT he is still a servicable back. I am not counting on Gore to last for 10 more years but he is easily our best back on the current roster that can handle the switch to a WCO.

EASILY.

/thread
Originally posted by kidash:

EASILY.

He still is a good player no doubt. Just not sure if he will be on board with the new sheriff.

Again its just a possibility, I didn't start this thread to bash on Gore. I started it to see what other vets Harbaugh might dump.
  • Rizo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by niners:
time for Gore and Clemens to go thank you for your services. Gore has not have a complete season the last 4 years. I disagree with him wanting to go back in games when he knows he is not healthy enough to help the team he would only be huring the team. Cleamens, well he gets burned every game.

NINERS!!!

DUMB!!!!!!!!!! Please someone post GORES last 4 year stats. Besides last year, he had over 1,000 yards a season.
Franky G will be 28 this summer .. sign him to a two year extension ... the injuries are definitely starting to mount and a 20-30% lighter workload can only help him at this point .. For as good as Frank is i still havent figured out the mystery of his lack of touchdowns or ability to convert from short distance .. Gore is good at everything IMO but probably not GREAT at anything. I foresee more of a committee next year. For the life of me though I dont want to see Gore traded ...
baalke has the final say on rosters
I think we keep gore because he would not demand much in a trade. He would be more of value by remaining on the team. He's getting older and coming off an injury. Unless Harbaugh thinks that he will not be able to contribute at all then I don't see any trade involving gore happening.