There are 187 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Popular veteran player Harbaugh will get rid of

• Rizo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by English:
Chilo Rachal. These popular veteran players gonna be dropping like flies.

CUT HIM! and STEAL Gallery from the lame as* Raiders.
Originally posted by susweel:
Every new coach that comes in usually dumps at least one popular vet player from the previous regime.

My money says its gonna be Gore.

To me Gore just doesn't have that team first attitude, he seems very concerned with his stats more then he does about the overall team success.

Here is how its probably gonna go down. Gore meets with Harbaugh: Harbaugh tells Gore that he is only gonna get about 50% of the carries because Harbaugh believes in the running back by committee approach. Gore gets pissed and tells Harbaugh to kick rocks, and Gore ends up getting traded for a mid round pick.

who do you think its gonna be ???

all great players/people want the ball and carry the team. Montana, Rice, Kobe, Patton or whoever. If they can't and still want the ball you get rid of them, Gore is not only a good runner, but you pass and need a RB to block he is one of the best, problem is they have yet to use properly and enough as a saftey valve like Rathman, Craig, Tyler and even Bill Ring were.
Every new coach that comes in usually dumps at least one popular vet player from the previous regime.

To me Gore just doesn't have that team first attitude, he seems very concerned with his stats more then he does about the overall team success.

Here is how its probably gonna go down. Gore meets with Harbaugh: Harbaugh tells Gore that he is only gonna get about 50% of the carries because Harbaugh believes in the running back by committee approach. Gore gets pissed and tells Harbaugh to kick rocks, and Gore ends up getting traded for a mid round pick.

I had to read this twice. I remember a few years ago, we were getting throttled. A bunch of the guys on the sideline were joking around and goofing off. Gore was sitting by himself in tears...IN TEARS. He's not a team first guy??? Since his 2nd season in the league, he HAS BEEN the 49ers offense. He knows he's injury-prone. I think he'll embrace the new offensive scheme.

If a veteran is let loose, my guess is Norris, Clements or HOPEFULLY Sopoaga.
Andy Lee.

Only room for one boss in that locker room.
I could see Joe Nedney being gone, for health reasons though.
Originally posted by kidash:

In all seriousness. I don't think it'll be Frank. Not right now.
I'm not sure where all this Gore hatred comes from... but like ALMOST any player, if you can get a first round pick for him, do it!
I don't get the man love on the WZ for Gore, I really don't. Yes the guy is a great talent and he's been an amazing player for us, but teams that build their offense around a RB rarely win Super Bowls. Plus these days it's becoming even increasingly more uncommon to have a "feature" back because of injuries. With Gore's unwillingness to share time with other RB's, he is really only effective when he's the offensive focus.

If our goal is to return to the WCO and a philosophy similar to Walsh's, then we should expect and want our RB to be similar to RB's of that era. The Niners' best teams always had multiple RB's who found success in the offense, and that was mainly out of the backfield. It was pretty rare to have one break 1,000 yards; Roger Craig being the exception. And Frank Gore is no Roger Craig...
  • Rizo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Memphis9er:

Really Sus...Really?

Just my opinion bro, I may be wrong but its something to talk about.

It's stupid to talk about! GORE is our BEST player, ON & OFF the field!
Glad this board hasn't been reduced to non-sensical speculation that has zero factual support.
I can see him dumping Gore for Toby Gerheart and then put him at fullback because Tom Rathman will say so.
Originally posted by Furlow:
I don't get the man love on the WZ for Gore, I really don't. Yes the guy is a great talent and he's been an amazing player for us, but teams that build their offense around a RB rarely win Super Bowls. Plus these days it's becoming even increasingly more uncommon to have a "feature" back because of injuries. With Gore's unwillingness to share time with other RB's, he is really only effective when he's the offensive focus.

If our goal is to return to the WCO and a philosophy similar to Walsh's, then we should expect and want our RB to be similar to RB's of that era. The Niners' best teams always had multiple RB's who found success in the offense, and that was mainly out of the backfield. It was pretty rare to have one break 1,000 yards; Roger Craig being the exception. And Frank Gore is no Roger Craig...

Really? REALLY?????

That was all SING by design!

Originally posted by RollinWith21n52:
Glad this board hasn't been reduced to non-sensical speculation that has zero factual support.

Amen...
  • Rizo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Furlow:

Frank Gore fits what you just described. Frank Gore is gonna KILL in this Offense and you haters will be all on his NUTS during the Season.
So let me get this straight....

Gore (Pro-Bowler) is a "me-me guy" and needs to go.

Alex (pathetic career) is a "nice guy" and should be retained.

Now I understand. Results mean nothing to a lot of posters....they just want a team of nice guys.

Also, to say Gore's not a team guy is completely pathetic and you should contemplate rooting for another team. I have never seen him give up. I have never seen him throw teammates under the bus. The guy is a warrior...and it sickens me that people don't appreciate that.