LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 219 users in the forums

Popular veteran player Harbaugh will get rid of

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Every new coach that comes in usually dumps at least one popular vet player from the previous regime.

My money says its gonna be Gore.

To me Gore just doesn't have that team first attitude, he seems very concerned with his stats more then he does about the overall team success.

Here is how its probably gonna go down. Gore meets with Harbaugh: Harbaugh tells Gore that he is only gonna get about 50% of the carries because Harbaugh believes in the running back by committee approach. Gore gets pissed and tells Harbaugh to kick rocks, and Gore ends up getting traded for a mid round pick.

who do you think its gonna be ???
SFGate.com, 2006

Quote:
Running back Frank Gore trudged out of the 49ers' locker room after another loss last year and was stunned at the sight before him.

In the players' parking lot, music blared, players laughed and danced. Gore immediately called his cousin and mentor Rodney Best. Gore held up the phone so Best could hear the reverie.

"He said, 'We just lost and they're out here dancing,' " Best recalled. "Frank couldn't believe it. He had never seen players react that way to losing. He started crying."

I disagree with your assessment of Gore not being a team guy. He's about winning.
Originally posted by susweel:
Every new coach that comes in usually dumps at least one popular vet player from the previous regime.

To me Gore just doesn't have that team first attitude, he seems very concerned with his stats more then he does about the overall team success.

Here is how its probably gonna go down. Gore meets with Harbaugh: Harbaugh tells Gore that he is only gonna get about 50% of the carries because Harbaugh believes in the running back by committee approach. Gore gets pissed and tells Harbaugh to kick rocks, and Gore ends up getting traded for a mid round pick.

Morran Norris
  • Furlow
  • Veteran
I agree with Susweel completely. Gore may have been a team player in the past, but he's more "Julian Washington" (LL Cool J's character in Any Given Sunday) now than anything. That's the last thing you need when building a championship team
Gore is going to b***h about not getting all the carries but I don't think he gets traded. if he cuts spikes I'll be mad
Originally posted by Furlow:
I agree with Susweel completely. Gore may have been a team player in the past, but he's more "Julian Washington" (LL Cool J's character in Any Given Sunday) now than anything. That's the last thing you need when building a championship team

why does everybody wants to get rid of gore??? to me its just stupid... he is one of our best players he isn't even 30 years old and he is an elite (top 3) power runner in the nfl, have any of you guys see the Harbaugh offense?? is a power offense he is one of the most important pieces already in place.. I may be wrong but I think you guys are crazy!!!!

go niners
[ Edited by servegmo on Jan 10, 2011 at 1:27 PM ]

What if you are wrong? I mean, Gore accepted Martz, who isn't really known for running the ball.
Originally posted by teeohh:
Gore is going to b***h about not getting all the carries but I don't think he gets traded. if he cuts spikes I'll be mad

You CANT cut a free agent...

Originally posted by Joecool:

What if you are wrong? I mean, Gore accepted Martz, who isn't really known for running the ball.

M Faulk didnt run the ball in St Louis?

• Envy
  • Veteran
Clements. And I'll be happy
Originally posted by Envy:
Clements. And I'll be happy

This is a more likely scenerio.

Really Sus...Really?
Share 49ersWebzone