There are 181 users in the forums

VD on Harbaugh!!!

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
Originally posted by gold49er2183:
Originally posted by matt49er:
Originally posted by fan49:
well i guess just vernon on harbaugh heard wrong... but vernon said the second he heard he took his shoes off and left his clothes on and jumped in the hot tub. he expects huge things from offense with jim coming in and the talent already there. he said he expects to touch the ball 10-15 times a game, cause harbaugh likes to use tight ends.

Tells you what Vernon thought of Sing and Jimmy Raye. I know Taylor Mays sounded depressed that Sing got fired in the interview he had with the San Diego radio station but Vern seems to realize its necessary to have a HC that is competent when it comes to offense. Harbaugh uses lots of 2-3 TE sets though so we could use an upgrade from Delanie Walker opposite Vernon. Also need a QB to get him the ball.

an upgrade over D.Walker? As a #2 TE I'm not sure if there is any better than Walker. He runs like a WR has good hands, runs good routes what more do you want in your #2 TE than what Walker provides????

Walker is better than alot of Starters in the league and would be starting on most teams, how the hell are we gonna get an upgrade at our #2 tight end spot?

Wait when did this guy get so overrated? He's a decent player but he has questionable hands. His fumble in the red zone vs NO may have cost us that game, and he dropped some passes(including a long pass right in his hands vs SD). He's only 6'1'' so he doesn't offer that much of a size advantage and he's never been a great blocker.

well i guess just vernon on harbaugh heard wrong... but vernon said the second he heard he took his shoes off and left his clothes on and jumped in the hot tub. he expects huge things from offense with jim coming in and the talent already there. he said he expects to touch the ball 10-15 times a game, cause harbaugh likes to use tight ends.

Tells you what Vernon thought of Sing and Jimmy Raye. I know Taylor Mays sounded depressed that Sing got fired in the interview he had with the San Diego radio station but Vern seems to realize its necessary to have a HC that is competent when it comes to offense. Harbaugh uses lots of 2-3 TE sets though so we could use an upgrade from Delanie Walker opposite Vernon. Also need a QB to get him the ball.

an upgrade over D.Walker? As a #2 TE I'm not sure if there is any better than Walker. He runs like a WR has good hands, runs good routes what more do you want in your #2 TE than what Walker provides????

Walker is better than alot of Starters in the league and would be starting on most teams, how the hell are we gonna get an upgrade at our #2 tight end spot?

Wait when did this guy get so overrated? He's a decent player but he has questionable hands. His fumble in the red zone vs NO may have cost us that game, and he dropped some passes(including a long pass right in his hands vs SD). He's only 6'1'' so he doesn't offer that much of a size advantage and he's never been a great blocker.

His blocking has improved a lot. He is becoming a complete TE. When he has the ball in his hands he can make people miss and makes plays. Yes he has fumbled on occasion but so has Gore. All of our receivers have dropped passes. To me that seemed like it was more of an issue that Sully should have fixed but didn't IMO there isn't exactly a way to improve over Walker. He is the best #2 TE in the league and yes he would be a starter on most teams in the NFL.
Originally posted by 5xChamp:
lmao at "NO I dont miss Singletary" and then "I love Kyle Orton!"

First off, f**k those low life scum at TMZ. Anyone who works there is a waist of flesh.

With that said, it's sounds like they set him up. Notice how he said, "No, I dont miss Singletary." "I dont miss Singletary right now."

There is no context for the question or what led up to it. That squeeky p***y sounding geek easily could of said, "do you miss Singletary right now?" over and over again.

Say what you want about Sing (believe me I do), but most of the players respect him.
Originally posted by backontop:

His blocking has improved a lot. He is becoming a complete TE. When he has the ball in his hands he can make people miss and makes plays. Yes he has fumbled on occasion but so has Gore. All of our receivers have dropped passes. To me that seemed like it was more of an issue that Sully should have fixed but didn't IMO there isn't exactly a way to improve over Walker. He is the best #2 TE in the league and yes he would be a starter on most teams in the NFL.

I would say Jacob Tamme is the best back up TE, or whichever one of Hernandez/Gronkowski doesn't start for NE. Heck even Randy McMichael is better than Delanie. He's not a horrible player but he is overrated on here, and we could improve on him by picking someone in the draft(DJ Williams or Kyle Rudolph, or later on like Luke Stocker) or signing a TE(Kevin Boss and Zach Miller are both Free Agents).
Originally posted by backontop:

I would say Jacob Tamme is the best back up TE, or whichever one of Hernandez/Gronkowski doesn't start for NE. Heck even Randy McMichael is better than Delanie. He's not a horrible player but he is overrated on here, and we could improve on him by picking someone in the draft(DJ Williams or Kyle Rudolph, or later on like Luke Stocker) or signing a TE(Kevin Boss and Zach Miller are both Free Agents).

Delanie is better than McMichael I'd say, overall. He's a much more versatile threat. McMichael really doesn't scare me.

Delanie's issue is drops and being careless with the football -- this is why he's a backup, but in terms of talent and ability, he's a step ahead of virtually all #2 TE's. I don't know if he'd start elsewhere, but he's a high level #2 guy.
  • jimrat
  • Veteran
Let's hope Harbaugh doesn't have VD...........
Share 49ersWebzone