LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 212 users in the forums

What are we missing to make the switch back to the WCO work?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Nes49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:
Fullback

this
Originally posted by Nes49:
Fullback

this

Did you see that stats earlier in the season on how successful the running game was with Byham in the game? Who knows man, we could go with 3 TE's as our base with Byham being the FB.

One thing is for sure, Moran Norris doesn't fit. He's just too stiff.
Originally posted by bracus:
Originally posted by fister30:
Originally posted by WWFGD:
Receivers who don't have alligator arms.

Haha, you forgot a QB who does not hear footsteps...

I would rate the needs as
1. QB
2. patch the o line
3. WR
4. RB

I don't know about Nate or Troy in the WCO. I will always feel that Alex is a warm body until the real QB shows up.

If Nate couldn't learn the Run, Run, Rollout, Punt offense, then he has absolutely no chance in terms of the WCO.

According to Barrows Nate Davis was not offered a futures contract, making it unlikly that he will be on the team next year.

The OLine is my greatest concern. Too young to be really good. I could see Harbaugh bringing in a couple of vets so the young guys could sit and learn. Cracked me up when A Davis was whining because someone was touching him in his privates! Yeah, he was a rookie but someone should introduce him to Conrad Dobler so he can get pointers on self defense...or just being a dirty SOB!
Originally posted by Joecool:
Originally posted by Nes49:
Fullback

this

Did you see that stats earlier in the season on how successful the running game was with Byham in the game? Who knows man, we could go with 3 TE's as our base with Byham being the FB.

One thing is for sure, Moran Norris doesn't fit. He's just too stiff.

I can't believe we had pass plays designed for throwing to Norris...
  • Dino
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ZRF80:
*****QB*****

-cant emphasize that enough-
  • JRILL
  • Veteran
We need a FB with hands and can blast through tackles... Roger Craig (he was a FB before he moved to RB), Tom Rathman, Marc Logan, William Floyd, Fred Beasley, Tommy Vardell, Marc Edwards... just to name a few who were pretty damn good in the WCO... maybe not so much Vardell...
Originally posted by Dino:

Still makes me happy to see a picture like this! Thanks!
  • Dino
  • Veteran
Fullback

Wow, I almost teared up for a second. Brought me back to the 7th grade when they won their first SB.

Originally posted by zeppfan1:
Originally posted by niner4life21:
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
Make it happen Coach Harbaugh!

haha that guys a boss. What about their other FB? Stanley havili or something?

Havili plays for USC

i've watched a few usc games over the past couple years and it seems like havili would be a great fit for the WCO. he has great hands and can run the ball since he's a converted rb. and he always seemed to come up with a big play when needed. i'm just concerned over his injury history.
Fullback

HAHA AWW MAN I REMEMBER THIS
Originally posted by JRILL:
We need a FB with hands and can blast through tackles... Roger Craig (he was a FB before he moved to RB), Tom Rathman, Marc Logan, William Floyd, Fred Beasley, Tommy Vardell, Marc Edwards... just to name a few who were pretty damn good in the WCO... maybe not so much Vardell...

Jeez! These names sure bring me back. Some od my favorite players of all time here. It would be so nice to see the fullback make a comeback.
Originally posted by JRILL:

Touchdown Tommy!
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
1. QB (will need 3-4 by training camp).
2. FB.
3. New flanker WR (don't expect us to re-sign Josh Morgan or Ziegler).
4. New Slot (made a huge f**king mistake cutting Jason Hill).5. RG.

This is why I hope there will be no lock-out, cause 60% of these needs can be patched up through FA. (WCO parts are easier to find in abundance lately compared to digit-system dudes in FA since only few teams run the WCO).

Cutting Jason Hill is the Singletary effect that keeps hurting.
Share 49ersWebzone