There are 220 users in the forums

John Becker Hired as Senior Personnel Advisor

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by darkknight49:
I suprised this thread isn't more active. This is what people wanted to hear, but no responses. I guess everyone is still catching up on sleep from the Harbaugh saga.

It's not more active because the haters, faker, sandiego and the others can't be negative and slam the Yorks without getting annihilated by other members of the Zone. They worked themselves into such a frenzy they are probably overdosing on prozac! I have been critical of the Yorks in the past also, but I will give the Yorks their due when deserved and right now they deserve kudoos for stepping up to the plate and going in the right direction to right the ship! Hopefully we are the way back to respectability and wins?
Originally posted by Shorteous:
They are definitely getting all the correct pieces together. I thought Baalke was the right higher because of his eye for players in FA and the Draft. Just look at our FA
Westbrook, Laboy, Reed, Spillman, Troy Smith (Much better than Carr), and Ginn the second ranked PR in the league ATM.

Harbaugh I think was the best choice for Niners, well executed plan to pull him into the organization.

Experienced Football adviser to help with the GM parts that Baalke have not developed yet. The contacts through the league to operate transactions, trades, contracts.

Well done SF, maybe we are going to turn this around with little York.

Not to the grammar police but it's hire not higher
we should do what the dolphins did and hire a really old wise football guru who just understands the game deeply. someone who may have ties to the WCO like a holmgren or something. or someone who is or was a top front office person and is at the end of their career.
Originally posted by smifunk:
They are definitely getting all the correct pieces together. I thought Baalke was the right higher because of his eye for players in FA and the Draft. Just look at our FA
Westbrook, Laboy, Reed, Spillman, Troy Smith (Much better than Carr), and Ginn the second ranked PR in the league ATM.

Harbaugh I think was the best choice for Niners, well executed plan to pull him into the organization.

Experienced Football adviser to help with the GM parts that Baalke have not developed yet. The contacts through the league to operate transactions, trades, contracts.

Okay. If you're going to correct someone... start with a complete sentence. Not to "BE" the grammar police.

Secondly, saying higher for hire isn't bad grammar...

it's mispronunciation/spelling.

Moral of the story: No need to chime in with a correction if you're not 100% correct yourself.

[ Edited by mr2324jgf on Jan 8, 2011 at 12:59:45 ]
Originally posted by 49ERGLENN:
Originally posted by darkknight49:
I suprised this thread isn't more active. This is what people wanted to hear, but no responses. I guess everyone is still catching up on sleep from the Harbaugh saga.

It's not more active because the haters, faker, sandiego and the others can't be negative and slam the Yorks without getting annihilated by other members of the Zone. They worked themselves into such a frenzy they are probably overdosing on prozac! I have been critical of the Yorks in the past also, but I will give the Yorks their due when deserved and right now they deserve kudoos for stepping up to the plate and going in the right direction to right the ship! Hopefully we are the way back to respectability and wins?

Actually when I Look back and think most of the bad that happened was with the Parents NOT Jed...Everyone Bashes M Nolan even but I look at what he did...Year 1 he took a team that was 2-14 and doubled their wins to 4...That team should have won no more than 2 games yet they won 4...the following year M Nolan gets N Turner as his OC and he works with A Smith and they go from 4-12 to 7-9 Almost doubling their win total from the previous year...and had he not messed up the Ram game they would have finished 8-8.

Then the wheels started falling off the Bus with Nolan...And Jed Hires M Singletary ( He's been getting BASHED for this since things didnt work out) BUT at the time almost everyone here wanted Singletary as their coach...then his 1st full season as caoch MS gets the team to 8-8. This year Well we KNOW what happened this year. But at the time of Singletary's hiring as I said Most were onboard with it. So to this day I really dont see what Jed (NOT his parents) did wrong...

In a sense I dont blame the Yorks for the whole thing as I blame Eddie and Carmen Why Eddie and Carmen? Eddie cause if he kept his nose clean in Louisiana NONE of this with the Yorks would be happening Yes I know everyone LOVES Eddie and if he does something wrong he should be foregiven ala OJ Simpson. And Now to Carmen If he didnt keep playing with the salary cap in what was it 2004 they wouldnt have had to dump the whole team cause of cap hits.
Cool, I like what they are trying to do.
Originally posted by zeke04:
Originally posted by smithgdwg:

I'm thinking Jed is listening to his uncle exclusively these days.

Maybe Eddie can get an official role with the niners....

I think Uncle Eddie already does have an official role....advisor to nephew!

On a serious note...is he allowed by the league to have an official role??
I doubt his jack ass brother in law would allow it but would the league?

Uncle Eddie = Consigliere
  • DVDA
  • Veteran
Originally posted by mr2324jgf:
Originally posted by smifunk:

Okay. If you're going to correct someone... start with a complete sentence. Not to "BE" the grammar police.

Secondly, saying higher for hire isn't bad grammar...

it's mispronunciation/spelling.

Moral of the story: No need to chime in with a correction if you're not 100% correct yourself.

Originally posted by Wodwo:

I have not been this excited about the 49ers in over a decade.

Now all they have to do is win.

THIS
Originally posted by philosoraptor:
we should do what the dolphins did and hire a really old wise football guru who just understands the game deeply. someone who may have ties to the WCO like a holmgren or something. or someone who is or was a top front office person and is at the end of their career.

Did you just say, "Do what the Dolphins did"? After watching them try to interview Harbaugh when they still have Sparano... and then cancel a press-conference to meet with Mangini, I have little faith in the Dolphins' front office.

That's a good idea because they can help Baalke with his inexperience and poor drafting skills. Maybe they can cover up the shortcomings of Baalke to some extent. If so I'm all for it.

Originally posted by foreign49er:
Hoping they look at a Floyd Reese or re-consider Lombardi for this position.

Lombardi would be perfect for such a position IMO.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by foreign49er:
Hoping they look at a Floyd Reese or re-consider Lombardi for this position.

Lombardi would be perfect for such a position IMO.

There's no way after he blasted us publicly like he did. What a douche.

He would've been good if he wasn't a big ole f*g
That's a good idea because they can help Baalke with his inexperience and poor drafting skills. Maybe they can cover up the shortcomings of Baalke to some extent. If so I'm all for it.

please elaborate
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:
That's a good idea because they can help Baalke with his inexperience and [b]poor drafting skills.[/b] Maybe they can cover up the shortcomings of Baalke to some extent. If so I'm all for it.

please elaborate

i'm confused on this one, last year i think he did very well
Share 49ersWebzone