There are 210 users in the forums

John Becker Hired as Senior Personnel Advisor

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Well it stands to reason that if Baalke has connections with Bill Parcels, maybe they offer him a position as a consultant/senior football advisor.

How about Tony Dungy? Could be a way for him to get some experience being a front office person? I don't think he would give up the job as an analyst.
Originally posted by foreign49er:
Hoping they look at a Floyd Reese or re-consider Lombardi for this position.

Floyd Reese already has the same position with the Pats so I don't think he would make a lateral shift like that.
Originally posted by NewEraNiner:

Floyd Reese already has the same position with the Pats so I don't think he would make a lateral shift like that.

I hope they at least look at that as an option. He would have much more input over here than he would with the Patriots. He might consider it although it's highly unlikely.

After the way Lombardi conducted himself after the 49ers interviewed him; no thank you. I have lost a lot of respect for him after that. You don't kiss and tell.
I can't take all this good, positive 49ers news
Originally posted by DynastyPart2:

After the way Lombardi conducted himself after the 49ers interviewed him; no thank you. I have lost a lot of respect for him after that. You don't kiss and tell.

Totally agree. Also- I was thinking of someone with even more experience for a role like this. I do like your Parcells idea though.

[ Edited by NewEraNiner on Jan 8, 2011 at 10:47:28 ]
This is a perfect plan, IMO. Hire the GM you like and everyone else think is an up and comer. Hire the HC that is your dream hire. Get an experienced SFA to help the two out in case of some difficulties in the learning curve.
I'd like to see this all come to pass for sure. Then all the interviews conducted were not in vain. Would make Jed look very, very smart. Much smarter than ever before.

lombardi already turned down a lesser role than gm tho
Originally posted by DynastyPart2:

Yup, Yup.

Originally posted by TalkinBoutWILLIS:

lombardi already turned down a lesser role than gm tho

This would be as an adviser. He wouldn't be working under anybody as he would have been before.

As for how he conducted himself. I think he was only being honest, that's his job. I don't have a problem with him saying what could have been and I don't recall him openly criticizing the 49ers but if I'm wrong please show me where he did and I'll change my tune.

f**k Lombardi.
  • dj43
This is the missing piece - someone who knows how things operate around the league - sort of an in-house insider who can bring insight into how to get things done through the league offices, the hierarchy, the protocol.

The league-wide image of the 49ers has gone up several notches this last week. It still has a way to go but winning the Harbaugh Derby put this franchise back on the map. Not only Jed, but Baalke also have gained a good deal of credibility. Now they need that liaison function that ties the franchise to the rest of the league.

Someone to fill the John McVay role when Eddie and Bill ran the team. He was a veteran who had seen it all and done a lot of it himself. He was the quiet guy behind the scenes who was really the glue that held it all together.

Continued promising news...
  • KID9R
  • Veteran
Pat Kirwan
I think the Senior Advisor is just that - an in-house-consultant. No power at all just a person to help Baalke make informed decsions. These people are very valuable in that they bring years of insight to help clarify the decision process
Share 49ersWebzone