There are 137 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Bill Walsh

I dunno, maybe it's dumb but for me I just spent a few minutes reflecting on what Mr. Walsh did for us and continues to do even now.. I took a little time to just thank the man in my thoughts. If it wasn't for him, we would still be a lost ship at sea. Harbaugh would not have come to us if it wasn't for Mr. Walsh. Just hope I'm not alone in my thoughts [/u]
we are fortunate to have a history with such greatness.
Hear! Hear!
I appreciate you love for Walsh. But Harbaugh's move to come to the 49ers is independent of him.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
I appreciate you love for Walsh. But Harbaugh's move to come to the 49ers is independent of him.

I don't agree. Look at the way Harbaugh gushes about Walsh and he had a chance to get his money and stick it out with his QB at Stanford. There had to be a catalyst to cause him to go to the niners.
Originally posted by YOUNGster08:

I don't agree. Look at the way Harbaugh gushes about Walsh and he had a chance to get his money and stick it out with his QB at Stanford. There had to be a catalyst to cause him to go to the niners.

don't mind the negative nancy, he is having a bad day.
Originally posted by skynet907:

Nothing remotely negative in that post.
Walsh was a great coach, and great leader... He was my dad's PE coach at Washington HS in Fremont, pops said he was one of the nicest guys he ever meant.. With that being said, did you just say you said thank you to him in your thoughts!?? LoL.. oh my, pls tell me your not bowing before a hand crafted shrine and saying prayers to him... Sry to b a punk but really he was a coach not Jesus
  • hps49
  • Veteran
I totally agree with this post. I feel that history is repeating itself like it usually does. It's been 15+ years since we brought home the Lombardi. It's gonna come sooner than later. Walsh is a legend, and you are correct.. Harbaugh knows he couldn't pass up the opportunity to coach his mentor's old team... and try to bring back the winning tradition. I'm excited like a lot of us are, but we will see what happens. Walsh is going to be looking over Harbaugh for sure! Rest in Peace BILL WALSH.
  • Envy
  • Veteran
I dunno, maybe it's dumb but for me I just spent a few minutes reflecting on what Mr. Walsh did for us and continues to do even now.. I took a little time to just thank the man in my thoughts. If it wasn't for him, we would still be a lost ship at sea. Harbaugh would not have come to us if it wasn't for Mr. Walsh. Just hope I'm not alone in my thoughts [/u]
Originally posted by PMOE24:
Walsh was a great coach, and great leader... He was my dad's PE coach at Washington HS in Fremont, pops said he was one of the nicest guys he ever meant.. With that being said, did you just say you said thank you to him in your thoughts!?? LoL.. oh my, pls tell me your not bowing before a hand crafted shrine and saying prayers to him... Sry to b a punk but really he was a coach not Jesus

Lol he means that since he's dead and we can't say thanks anymore, hes gonna thank him in his thoughts.
Originally posted by PMOE24:

Why not? I've loved this team since I was 5, I don't see anything wrong with just taking a couple of minutes to reflect on such an influential figure in our history. I don't see how you would think I am worshipping him. Gratitude is not a crime.

They told him that they name s**t after jim, i think that was very disrespect full. If anyone is getting something at stanford named after them it should be BILL WALSH!!!
Originally posted by skynet907:

Nothing remotely negative in that post.

negative towards Bill, you b*****d!!!..lol