LISTEN: Reacting to the 49ers Drafting Ricky Pearsall →

There are 322 users in the forums

What Will Harbaugh Deliver in Season 1?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

What Will Harbaugh Deliver in Season 1?

Originally posted by susweel:
I refuse to predict anything until I see the final roster.
  • vaden
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ChaunceyGardner:
9 win season NFC West = 5 win season AFC East

Sadly true. Look at Sagarin's final NFL ratings for the 2010 season: http://www.usatoday.com/sports/sagarin/nfl10.htm

He has the 4-12 Bills and every other NFL team except the Broncos and Panthers ahead of every single NFC West team. I totally agree. The Rams, 49ers and Seahawks are ranked 27-29, with Arizona 31.
If he bring in most of his coordinators from Stanford, and a has a rookie QB playing, I don't see this team winning more than 4-5 games. Yes, Singletary did win 6 games with this talent, but he also had people of NFL experience around him. As long as Harbaugh gets some good NFL coaches around him, we can easily win the division, IMO. But, if he brings most of his Stanford coaches, it will be a growing process, but I believe it will be a good one.
9-7 and I would be happy
Originally posted by TheVoiceOfReason:
Originally posted by susweel:
I refuse to predict anything until I see the final roster.

i aint predicting s**t until i know who the starting qb is
I will hope for 8-8 and won't be disappointed with less if we can see improvement and the WCO being installed. It may take a few years to get the right pieces in place. Can VD be a WCO TE? Can they find a QB? Judging by how well Stanford performed under Harbaugh we can expect at least a good team within a couple of years. The whole offense is young so it's a good time to install this offense to let them grow into the various roles. I am excited!
Depends on what Baalke and York deliver in offseason. If we land a
Originally posted by TheG0RE49er:
If he bring in most of his coordinators from Stanford, and a has a rookie QB playing, I don't see this team winning more than 4-5 games. Yes, Singletary did win 6 games with this talent, but he also had people of NFL experience around him. As long as Harbaugh gets some good NFL coaches around him, we can easily win the division, IMO. But, if he brings most of his Stanford coaches, it will be a growing process, but I believe it will be a good one.

his coordinators at Stanford have NFL experience. Especially the DC with over 20 years. I think Harbaugh is smart enough to know that a total overhaul isn't necessary here and will keep solid coaches around like Tomsula, Solari/Brown, Rathman, Hoener.
10-6 Book it! With a Wild Card Loss
9-7 or 10-6. Win Division - there won't be a wildcard out of the West.

Also...

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We're getting the WCO back (in one of it's many forms). Our team will be more successful with this in the long run - no matter what happens next year. All those WCO coaches and assistants from the Walsh/Seifert/Holmgren systems who live in and around the Bay Area suddenly become more 49er-oriented and friendly.

[bgrin[bgrin]

My predicition is that we'll have a CBA lock-out deep into the summer which will preclude OTA's and mini-camps. Harbaugh won't ba able to install his offense until a few weeks before the first game. We'll go 1-11 in a shortened season then draft Andrew Luck next spring.

In 2012 we go 10-6 Playoffs
In 2013 we go 14-2 Superbowl
Originally posted by blunt_probe:
8-8, is what I'm hoping for. We have a tough schedule on paper, and there are too many questions to address. I think it'd be too much expecting any immediate playoff success. With that said, I'm hoping to be proven wrong.
we just dont know whether the players can play his system well.
Originally posted by billbird2111:
Predict the record.

Not what you HOPE.

What you THINK.

I think it will go about the same way as his Stanford tenure. I dont expect miracles but I do expect to see a change in the way we play as a team overall. The schemes might not work straight off the bat. The players need time to learn the plays, run the plays in practice, run the plays during game time, reassess the plays after the games, fine tune the plays in the next games and so on.

I expect the above process to continue and loop over his 5yr contract here.

After his 3rd year, thats where we'll get a better feel for where the team and Harbaugh are.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
With decent QB and a few DB's drafted we can be 9 - 7 and win the division. Anything more I think is asking too much the first year.

We could have gone 9-7 this year with any sort of coaching in general...
11-5 and maybe superbowl
Share 49ersWebzone