LISTEN: Reacting to the 49ers Drafting Ricky Pearsall →

There are 482 users in the forums

All this talk about HC...who will be our QB??

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by D-NOTTE:
Cam Newton............

The next big Ben................

First time I have heard such a comparison, I remember Big Ben throwing for 500 yards in college every other week...so I dont see the similarities.
  • Oscar
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
FREE NATE!!!!!!!!!!!!

Looks like Lott.

I guess the problem is that he seemingly plays QB like Lott would, lol.

I head he added a ton of weight while he was on the PS.
Originally posted by AyYoJoey:
I have this weird issue with any 9er QB and I was wondering if anyone else thought like me. We have had great QB's here in san fran. But they have also had great QB names. Joe Montana. Steve Young. I don't know where I'm going with this but I want our next QB to have a great QB name. Sorry...weird tangent.

Colt McCoy?

I like Stanzi at this point runs the pro-offense and pretty accurate.
  • dj43
Originally posted by Napman85:
Talks are at this point that Blaine Gabbert will be the #1 QB to go in the draft, so I wouldn't expect him to go 2nd round, but you never know. I think current talks are top 5 pick overall.

Which after watching him play at MU, I can say he definitely has the physical tools and is a smart coach-able guy, but I don't know if he would be ready to start... JMO.

It will depend on whether or not Newton comes out. Also how the look in pro days and the combine.

My concern is whether or not Gabbert, or anyone else is a legit #7 pick. From what I have read, after Luck this year is a rather mediocre year for QBs. Yes, there are a lot of them being talked about but none of them will really blow your socks off.

The question is; do you reach for a QB because of need or do you get the best value at the #7 position, which could be a pass rusher, a speedy WR or a CB? All of those choices will be there at #7.

Right now, I take the best value of the other three and get my QB in the 2nd round.
Originally posted by mikeyrocks:
Originally posted by AyYoJoey:
I have this weird issue with any 9er QB and I was wondering if anyone else thought like me. We have had great QB's here in san fran. But they have also had great QB names. Joe Montana. Steve Young. I don't know where I'm going with this but I want our next QB to have a great QB name. Sorry...weird tangent.

Colt McCoy?

Great QB name. Andrew Luck would have been the perfect name!!! Just think about the headlines in the paper. And from a history standpoint. Why did people in 1849 come to san fran in the first place...to get...c'mon you got it...thats right, to get lucky. Oh the possibilities!!!! ok im done. Just had to get that out of my system.
Originally posted by dj43:
Originally posted by Napman85:
Talks are at this point that Blaine Gabbert will be the #1 QB to go in the draft, so I wouldn't expect him to go 2nd round, but you never know. I think current talks are top 5 pick overall.

Which after watching him play at MU, I can say he definitely has the physical tools and is a smart coach-able guy, but I don't know if he would be ready to start... JMO.

It will depend on whether or not Newton comes out. Also how the look in pro days and the combine.

My concern is whether or not Gabbert, or anyone else is a legit #7 pick. From what I have read, after Luck this year is a rather mediocre year for QBs. Yes, there are a lot of them being talked about but none of them will really blow your socks off.

The question is; do you reach for a QB because of need or do you get the best value at the #7 position, which could be a pass rusher, a speedy WR or a CB? All of those choices will be there at #7.

Right now, I take the best value of the other three and get my QB in the 2nd round.

That makes perfect sense, and to be honest I have been surprised at all the hype BG has gotten lately. A lot of MU fans really wanted him to stay his senior year, and no one expected him to be a first rounder unless he went late. And since the Insight bowl Kiper and McShay have given him a lot of hype, so i never expected the 49ers to really even consider him; just curious what some non-MU fan's opinions were on it.
Yeah, but some parents who plan to raise their kid as a great athlete give them names that they think play the part. I never trust them, system players mostly, although there have been exceptions.
Gabbert reminds me a lot of Matt Ryan. Im fine with him at 7 for now, but we need a good CB pretty badly also.

Im sure the niners will take the best available player there, but Gabbert is the only QB coming out that I think is top 10 worthy.
Patrick Peterson or Prince in the 1st and Stanzi in the 2nd reminds me of Drew Bress a bit.

McNabb
Newton
Carr He's already under contact and makes a good third.
PLEASE do not REACH for a QB in the first round...

Ideally, I'd like to see the Niners trade down for an extra 1st rounder. Take a CB in the first, a QB with one 2nd, a pass rusher with the other 2nd, and a RB in the 3rd...
Duh! You are all missing the obvious. The reason we have such a hard on for Harbaugh is because he can be our next head coach AND our next QB.

Two birds. One stone.

Jed+Baalke=GENIUS!
This draft is not QB friendly. Everyone is saying Gabbert is the top QB now. If thats the case, he will be drafted by arizona. Cam Newton has not declared. So as far as the draft, what are our choices? Ryan Mallet? No QB in this draft is #7 worthy. We need to pick up BPA and worry about a QB in free agency and the later rounds.

I do like the idea of Carson Palmer though.
Originally posted by TexasNiner:
Duh! You are all missing the obvious. The reason we have such a hard on for Harbaugh is because he can be our next head coach AND our next QB.

Two birds. One stone.

Jed+Baalke=GENIUS!

47 aint that old...And you always see that clip of him pushing around the stanford players in the tunnel. I bet he could take a hit. Comeback Player '95 and '11. i like it.
Share 49ersWebzone